Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Kobe's 81 5th anniversary photo gallery

http://www.nba.com/lakers/photogalle...versary_1.html
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
chris2010
Good High School Starter

chris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Kobe's 81 5th anniversary photo gallery

sure was incredible to say the least. not a whole lot of players ever could have done that
chris2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Took a short break from my studying just to watch Kobe's 81pt game on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVC3D...eature=related

I still remember this game; everyone was talking about it the next morning when I got to school. I was in highschool sophomore year, remember that day vividly. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to watch the 2nd half since I live on the East Coast. Didn't feel like staying up until 1:30am to watch it with school the next day. To this day, I regret not watching that game as it was happening live, but I did get a chance to watch the entire game a year or so after it happened.. Great game..

Back to studies.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Took a short break from my studying just to watch Kobe's 81pt game on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVC3D...eature=related

I still remember this game; everyone was talking about it the next morning when I got to school. I was in highschool sophomore year, remember that day vividly. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to watch the 2nd half since I live on the East Coast. Didn't feel like staying up until 1:30am to watch it with school the next day. To this day, I regret not watching that game as it was happening live, but I did get a chance to watch the entire game a year or so after it happened.. Great game..

Back to studies.

Nice link. Will rep asap.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:27 AM   #5
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I watched this game in its entirety today with my fiance, who hasn't seen this game before because she wasn't into the NBA until recently when I wouldn't share the TV's remote . I still got goosebumps seeing Kobe make those shots, and the reaction of the crowd was amazing.
The thing that made me laugh was when the PA guy wasn't putting emotion into saying the name of the player who scored when the Lakers were losing. For instance, Kobe dropped a 3 and the guy said in a monotone voice, "Kobe Bryant."
LAL caught up and passed the Raptors, then suddenly the PA announcer was yelling Kobe's name after every made shot. Haha
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:26 AM   #6
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amazing game.. i remember where I was when I heard about it too (unfortunately didn't get to see it live).
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I was there thanks to a friend who got 4 free tickets....I almost turned them down....lol. I guess I owe him for life. Great seats center court in Premiere VIP.
On the way to the game I was telling him that I wished Kobe had played the 4th quarter of the game Vs. the Mavs where he had 62 in 3 quarters, I said he could've scored 80 points and he may never have an opportunity like that again......call the game KOBE KARMA???? Kobe had 25 at the half and I was regretting....somewhat agreeing to go to the game, I told him that Kobe would have to score at least 50 to pull out the win. We were going nuts calling everyone up during timeouts. I remember the gasps each time he went up for a shot and the screams as the shots went in.....it was just nuts!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #8
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I was there thanks to a friend who got 4 free tickets....I almost turned them down....lol. I guess I owe him for life. Great seats center court in Premiere VIP.
On the way to the game I was telling him that I wished Kobe had played the 4th quarter of the game Vs. the Mavs where he had 62 in 3 quarters, I said he could've scored 80 points and he may never have an opportunity like that again......call the game KOBE KARMA???? Kobe had 25 at the half and I was regretting....somewhat agreeing to go to the game, I told him that Kobe would have to score at least 50 to pull out the win. We were going nuts calling everyone up during timeouts. I remember the gasps each time he went up for a shot and the screams as the shots went in.....it was just nuts!!!

When was this?
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board

I remember watching this one as i live close to Toronto, sitting in my room late at night and one of my friends called me saying "are you watching this?" and i remember saying "With them being down Kobe could go for a huge number, after the entire Dallas situation"

And as Kobe went off we were saying, "Hes gonna go for 70" my friend says "80?" and i said, "You're out of your mind" and i looked and there was like 9 minutes left and i thought....."Damn he could"

The rest is history.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8

When was this?

When was what? Do you mean the 62 points in 3 quarters? It was......like 2 weeks or so before the 81 point game, Kobe outscored the entire Dallas team through 3 quarters 62-61 and then say out the entire 4th quarter.
The 81 point game....I almost turned down the tickets, I would've been so upset if I had. I had to re-schedule my practices for that night in order to go.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #11
bigmac834
I airball my layups

bigmac834 has an OK reputation so far

This was truly an amazing game, but I think the dallas game was more impressive since he had 62 after three quarters, and this game i think he "only" had 53 or so I think...not sure..

Btw I heard someplace else that back when Wilt scored 100 it was when the NBA had 15 min quarters. Is that true? In that case he had an extra 12 min over kobe LOL
bigmac834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac834
This was truly an amazing game, but I think the dallas game was more impressive since he had 62 after three quarters, and this game i think he "only" had 53 or so I think...not sure..

Btw I heard someplace else that back when Wilt scored 100 it was when the NBA had 15 min quarters. Is that true? In that case he had an extra 12 min over kobe LOL

IMO scoring 56 points in the 2nd half of a game you were losing is much better than scoring 62 in 3 quarters of a game your team is dominating.

NBA quarter length has ALWAYS been 48 minutes.......can't short change Wilt for that........certainly other factors of the 100 point game are open for debate....lol.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
bigmac834
I airball my layups

bigmac834 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
IMO scoring 56 points in the 2nd half of a game you were losing is much better than scoring 62 in 3 quarters of a game your team is dominating.

NBA quarter length has ALWAYS been 48 minutes.......can't short change Wilt for that........certainly other factors of the 100 point game are open for debate....lol.
Well seeing it like that, then yea my bad lol, 56 pts in a half is AMAZING.
Oh okay I read somewhere about the Wilt thing, guess it was fake...
bigmac834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #14
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LOL @ someone neg repping me for my post. WTF is so wrong about what I said?
I don't care about the whole reputation shit on this website but I find it funny when people neg rep others for sharing an opinion or simply stating a fact. The PA fella wasn't putting emotion in the names until the Lakers caught and passed the Raptors in scoring. Live with it, dumbass.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #15
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
LOL @ someone neg repping me for my post. WTF is so wrong about what I said?
I don't care about the whole reputation shit on this website but I find it funny when people neg rep others for sharing an opinion or simply stating a fact. The PA fella wasn't putting emotion in the names until the Lakers caught and passed the Raptors in scoring. Live with it, dumbass.

don't worry bro.. I saw nothing wrong with your post either.
I repped you just now. I'm sure it wasn't any of the regular fellows in here.
Sometimes neggers stop by.. ain't no thing .. ..
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: