Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Barack Obama vs George W. Bush

Is one really better then the other?

I just don't understand how democrats who under Bush were anti-war, anti-interventionalist under Obama now are supporting an intervionalist war and claiming anyone who doesn't is selfish and self interested. Do they realize how hypocritical they all look?
    Last edited by Nick Young; 09-04-2013 at 02:34 AM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Barack Obama vs George W. Bush

obama win by KO in first round.

Local High School Star

If Obama wasn't black, he wouldn't be president. Seriously, so many people just voted for Obama because he was black.

Everybody (mostly blacks) talks about happy they are that they finally have a black president but they never talk about how he is going to be a good president and will fix things.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Slide
    If Obama wasn't black, he wouldn't be president. Seriously, so many people just voted for Obama because he was black.

Everybody (mostly blacks) talks about happy they are that they finally have a black president but they never talk about how he is going to be a good president and will fix things.
    Lol it would be so funny if Mitt Romney would say this in debates

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

The truth.

Anyone else who thinks otherwise is just a blind idiot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    The truth.

Anyone else who thinks otherwise is just a blind idiot.
    My honest opinion-he's a good looking and cool guy, very intelligent, and very charismatic and inspiring during his speeches. If he was white I think he would have won two terms as well.

His speeches are amazing, even now, knowing how full of shit he is, I still get hyped up listening to his speeches, whereas with Bush I would facepalm and get uninspired.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    My honest opinion-he's a good looking and cool guy, very intelligent, and very charismatic and inspiring during his speeches. If he was white I think he would have won two terms as well.

His speeches are amazing, even now, knowing how full of shit he is, I still get hyped up listening to his speeches, whereas with Bush I would facepalm and get uninspired.
    He probably would but the only reason why Obama won in a landslide was due to him being black. There were some such as myself that voted for him due to his political views though but too many idiots just said "OMG, HE'S BLACK, HE'S GOTTA BE PRESIDENT." Same people that think Zimmerman was guilty.

This f orum sucks dick

Obama by fsr. 1st of all Obama finished the job Bush failed to do in killing Bin Laden. He gave tumhe order to help Libian rebels and kill ghadafi, he's even following the constitution and getting congress to Vote on attacking Syria. Obama is a president for the people, he has created many jobs and you know how Republicans want to take away entitlement programs, he wants to add more. He shows that he cares or may I remind you of Bush and Katrina. Don't go trying to compare the two, Obama is nothing like that alcoholic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    Obama by fsr. 1st of all Obama finished the job Bush failed to do in killing Bin Laden. He gave tumhe order to help Libian rebels and kill ghadafi, he's even following the constitution and getting congress to Vote on attacking Syria. Obama is a president for the people, he has created many jobs and you know how Republicans want to take away entitlement programs, he wants to add more. He shows that he cares or may I remind you of Bush and Katrina. Don't go trying to compare the two, Obama is nothing like that alcoholic.

Bush killed Saddam and "ended Taliban rule" in Afghanistan, if that is the kind of thing that impresses you.

Don't go trying to compare the two, Bush is nothing like that cokehead.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I too was impressed and almost swayed myself into his direction in 2008, but I just couldn't bring myself to place a man with such little experience in charge of a country in such tough economic times. Eventually, his schtick of reading off teleprompters and making every speech into some triumphant moment in history got old. When jobs were unattainable and when he began to apologize to the world for past transgressions, I realized that he was nothing more than just a puppet in place to just pass policy and steer the country into a different direction. While he cements his own personal legacy, the country is being driven into this progressive utopian fantasy that only exists in works of fiction.

You may have facepalmed to Bush as much as the next guy, but with Bush, you felt as if though he was coming to you from the heart. With Obama, he smiles just to pull the wool over your eyes while he begins to fill your head with propaganda and lies.

This f orum sucks dick

Bush killed Saddam and "ended Taliban rule" in Afghanistan, if that is the kind of thing that impresses you.

Don't go trying to compare the two, Bush is nothing like that cokehead.
    Obama has to clean after Bush's mess stupid Neocon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    Obama has to clean after Bush's mess stupid Neocon.

Can you stop using that word, you've not once used it correctly.

NBA rookie of the year

If Obama was white he would have won by a larger margin all other things being the same (also he has a white family).

He would certainly lose some black voters, but as a democrat he would have still won the black vote.

John Kerry (who other than being a democrat has no other obvious appeal to black voters) won 88% of the black vote in 2004

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pag.../epolls.0.html
    A charismatic white man would probably have done better than Kerry (who is kind of a socially awkward stiff).

While the number of non-Hispanic white voters remained roughly the same, 2 million more blacks, 2 million more Latinos and 600,000 more Asians turned out.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/21/us...cs/21vote.html

That might have hurt hypothetical white obama, but I think white obama makes up for it by getting more white votes. Also a lot of young voters such as myself voted for obama because we were inspired by him and it had nothing to do with his race.

Obama didnt win because he was black, He won because he was better at lying to us and more charismatic about it. The same reason 99% of presidents win. Also because bush had destroyed the republican brand. Generic Dem was crushing Generic GOP candidate in the polls.

Edit: also he had weak competition. McCain was destroyed by Bush, we just flat out werent going to elect a republican that soon after Bush, the primary between hillary and obama settled who would be president.

Romney's social skills are so bad he makes Kerry seem smooth.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 09-04-2013 at 03:09 AM.

This f orum sucks dick

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    Can you stop using that word, you've not once used it correctly.
    Does the word offend you or something? Neocon just face it, Obama is a great president compared to that raging alcoholic.

This. Everybody was talking about that stupid "hope" and "change" Polyanna mantra and gullible peeps swallowed them hook, line and sinker.

Americans should have kicked him out of the White House at the first chance. Instead they reelected him.