Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Brandon Jennings is ROTY

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    I don't think he has low IQ because he of a haircut. He's an inconsistent shooter who tends to fall in love with his jumper. I don't see anything he does on the court that is special or unique that Curry or Collison or Evans couldn't in his position.

First off, he hasn't been the most productive. That's not even a discussion at this point. Second, what is your basis for saying he's a better floor leader than any other PG?

What is absurd is your comment. I'm not acting like he's a scrub. I'm just acting like he's not the primary reason why the bucks are winning. I'm acting like some credit needs to be spread around instead of saying BJ = ROY because of being in the playoffs.
    Showtime thinks he's a low IQ player...

I'm not saying that because of the playoffs. I've been saying it all year. I did say wait til the playoffs because I think he'll have something special for us, and so far he has... but overall he's just played well.

Let me put it this way, he's not really a better leader for sure because we don't know how well those other guys lead. But at this point it's fair to say he's a better leader because he's the only one who is winning of the three. When the others are put into winning situations, we'll see how well they lead.

No matter what an upset win vs the Hawks (assuming it happens) is something that you have to give him credit for. You can't just keep saying "it's someone else."

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    Jennings is the offensive fire power.
    In the playoffs? Yes. During the season where RotY is earned, no. Bogut even averaged more points than Jennings did during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    In the playoffs? Yes. During the season where RotY is earned, no. Bogut even averaged more points than Jennings did during the season.
    55pts game, highest scoring total of a player this season

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    And dead last in the NBA in FG%...

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    And dead last in the NBA in FG%...
    What was his FG% during his 55pts game?

What was his FG% during his 55pts game?
    What was it after? It's called a fluke against one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA. Good for him, but one fluke performance shouldn't give him the ROTY award. If that were the case then why didn't Bryant get the MVP the year he scored 81 or last season when he scored 61? Your logic fails.

Default Re: Brandon Jennings won't win but deserves to be Rookie of Year

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    A J-Kidd fan should never be talking about FG percentage.
    lol but Kidd is a pure PG, while Jennings is a scoring first PG, which is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    What was it after? It's called a fluke against one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA. Good for him, but one fluke performance shouldn't give him the ROTY award. If that were the case then why didn't Bryant get the MVP the year he scored 81 or last season when he scored 61? Your logic fails.
    Hmm i dont know. Maybe because there is a difference between competing for a ROTY trophy with Evans and competing for an MVP with the best players n the league.

Last time i checked other players have played agaisnt the same team Jennings dropped 55pts on and none of them had the same "fluke".

Tony Delk got 50 points once. And his best offensive season was 12PPG.

/thread

I dont understand why idiots on here keep going on about FG%...

He is on a winning team, made the playoffs, and he is playing well. If more posters on here watched the game instead of just reading the box score there might be some more intelligent responses...

He might put up a few ill advised shots but remember he is a ROOKIE.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    I dont understand why idiots on here keep going on about FG%...

He is on a winning team, made the playoffs, and he is playing well. If more posters on here watched the game instead of just reading the box score there might be some more intelligent responses...

He might put up a few ill advised shots but remember he is a ROOKIE.
    But he didn't play substantially well as a rookie in the regular season. Curry and Evans by far had better seasons individually as rookies. The RotY traditionally doesn't have a lick to do with how your team does. Plus Jennings isn't a huge reason why the Bucks had a decent season, the man was highly inefficient while players like Bogut and Salmons get's mention second to Jennings because of a over-hyped 55 point game that declared him RotY while there was still almost 80 damn games to go in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    No matter what an upset win vs the Hawks (assuming it happens) is something that you have to give him credit for. You can't just keep saying "it's someone else."

-Smak
    Why can't you grasp my point? I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any credit. I'm saying his performance does not mean he automatically deserves the ROY award, which was the comment to which I responded.

There's a difference in giving a guy some credit, and giving him all the credit.

Hmm i dont know. Maybe because there is a difference between competing for a ROTY trophy with Evans and competing for an MVP with the best players n the league.

Last time i checked other players have played agaisnt the same team Jennings dropped 55pts on and none of them had the same "fluke".
    Rookies competing for ROTY can be compared to All-stars competing for MVP.

They didn't need a fluke. They were just consistently better and that's what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Tony Delk got 50 points once. And his best offensive season was 12PPG.

/thread
    Dont close this thread too fast homie. Tony Delk was never as good of a leader as Jennings even if Jennings is only in his 1st year. I saw Tony Delk play when he was on my Pistons and he was nothing but a scorer (not a really good one at that). Replace Delk with Jennings on the hawks and this series is a sweep for Atlanta.

Dont close this thread too fast homie. Tony Delk was never as good of a leader as Jennings even if Jennings is only in his 1st year. Replace Delk with Jennings on the hawks and this series is a sweep for Atlanta.
    John Salmons says hi.