Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 374445464748495057 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Alright looks like I need to crank up the difficulty. Through 3 games, Westbrook is averaging 40 points and Durant is averaging 35/10/8

My Player Blacktop sucks. Half court?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

...steve nash is an 87 in this game?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I ****ing hate it how they incorporated Jay-Z into absolutely everything. Come on now. Game so far is much superior to 2K12. Smoother, better controls, animations, defense, AI. Haven't started MyCareer yet and will get on that tomorrow or Thursday. Want to make some VC to buy a suit.

Got it tonight. Went to Wal-Mart around 10:00 and there was one PS3 copy left.

What's up with Brandon Roy and Iman Shumpert being 80s overall? Jason Kidd, too. Not sure I understand why Steve Nash is an 87 overall, but the Lakers (as expected) are scary good with Howard (95 OVR), Kobe (93 OVR), Gasol (87 OVR), and Nash (87 OVR).

There's some other guys at an 80 OVR or in the low 80s overall that feel weird being rated that highly, but I guess it's not egregious. Someone will eventually come out with some better rosters. Not sure what I want to do in the mean time. Probably going to start an Association with an intriguing team like Brooklyn (just because they're new) or the Warriors, Cavs, or 76ers or something like that.

Did do a quick test sim. Like the whole "total sim control" thing. All hell brok loose in the playoffs. The 1-seed (OKC), 2-seed (Lakers, and 3-seed (Nuggets) lost in the first round to the T-Wolves, Grizzlies, and Suns respectively. The Grizzlies (7-seed) swept the Spurs (4-seed) in the WCF and the Heat (1-seed) beat the Nets (2-seed) in the ECF. The Heat beat the Grizzlies in six in the Finals.

The Nets almost had the best record in the East going 57-25 to Miami's 58-24. OKC had the best record in the league going 63-19 and the Lakers went 57-25. Durant was MVP, Howard DPOY, Anthony Davis ROY, and Goran Dragic Most Improved.

Would you guys like a separate My Career stickied thread like last year? Or prefer to keep all discussion in one thread?

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

The game is great from the couple hours I played, but my god, the ratings are absolutely horrendous. Just bad. I'm pretty sure Steve Novak is still a 53. Gordon Hayward is still a 68 while Raja Bell is a 71.

This game is terrible. It's the exact same as 2k12. Which was the same as 2k11, which was the same as 2k10...

They didn't fix paint scoring wtf, those "physics" don't do jack shit, I can have 2-3 guys in front and the guy still just pushes everyone outta the way and dunks/lays it in. Javale Mcgee is like ****in Shaq. Howard completely unstoppable, gets all the offensive rebounds and pump fake dunks over 3 guys, it"s ridiculous. Defense hasn't been improved for shit, in 2k12 I could at least bump bum rushers or lock down turbo mashers, now this freeflowing "physics" system lets scrub NBA players do shit as if no one is around them. 5'8 Ty Lawson making a lay up over Howard/Gasol's outstretched arms and Gasol's fingers actually touching the ball, wtf is that.

They will never fix this shit, otherwise all the kids will lose their button mashing dunks. BTW who was the retard that accepted A+B as the Give n Go, that shit is ridiculously annoying to pull off in an active game.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    The game is great from the couple hours I played, but my god, the ratings are absolutely horrendous. Just bad. I'm pretty sure Steve Novak is still a 53. Gordon Hayward is still a 68 while Raja Bell is a 71.
    Don't forget Jason Kidd is 80 rofl, while Bledsoe is like 65 and Shumpert like 82.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Why is there so many people rated super high? There is like 4 point guards in the 90's.

Can you switch the controls back to last year's controls? I don't have that much time to play in general, if there's a learning curve to get up and going i'll probably wait awhile before getting it as i won't have time for it anyway.

I don't mind skewed ratings, because players don't often behave like their numbers overall. The individual numbers (for different qualities) as long as those make the player play like his nba self, that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Why is there so many people rated super high? There is like 4 point guards in the 90's.
    Rose, Westbrook, CP3 and Deron in low 90s, seems legit. Though Westbrook being above Rose is kind of strange considering Rose is basically a more patient, slightly better version of Westbrook.