Default Derek Rose to NY, Lopez, Calderone, Grant to the Bulls

thoughts fellow knick fans?

Default Re: Derek Rose to NY, Lopez, Calderone, Grant to the Bulls

We really didn't lose anything, and gained cap space. If Rose works out, it could be fun time. Would've enjoyed seeing if Grant comes along, but Caldy's finally gone.

Not airballing my layups anymore

What happens if he plays really well and is in line for a max deal next off season? We've then got the choice of breaking up whatever chemistry was developed and starting over or taking a much longer and more expensive risk on his knees.

Do we assume this means Conley was not going to happen?

At least there's a deep FA class next off season should we need to go down that route.

i think the knicks have westbrook on their radar...wouldnt of been possible with rolo still on and whatever free agents we sign this summer

losing rolos contract is key cus now we can max one guy out this year along with the incentive of a currently healthy rose melo and zingis as your core, and max another guy out next

Well at least we have a MVP in the team.
    Am I missing something or this hasn't happened since... McAdoo?

Sure Rose's a different player now, but who knows...

We'll miss Lopez. Jose was a great guy. He did pretty average things for us. Salute to him for giving us his effort. Welcome Rose, he'll feel appreciated by the fans. Melo as well, given that his career is at the end point and he needs to follow through with a championship mentality and attitude.

What intrigues me is I'm not familiar with Hornacek's system. It's gonna be a new look, hopefully.

K.Porzingis on D-Rose: "I'm sure he's going to help us at the guard position and I love his game, how explosive he is, how quick he is, how he runs in transition. That will help us play faster and not be static all the time. I think he's going to really help us win. ... One thing I'm already imagining, he's a point guard that loves to drive and he's explosive. After he misses layups I can get those putbacks. That's one thing I'm thinking about already. We all know that he's a great passer and when he slashes he can give you the pass and kick-out to the 3-pointer you just got to be ready for a guy like that with those quick passes that he makes, you got to be ready to make the next play or shoot the ball."

-- ESPN.com

Funny how no one is mentioning how much KP will flourish having better veteran players around him. This kid's gonna go up another notch this coming season.