Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar

Default Re: Should Cavs Pick Derrick Williams over Kyrie Irving?

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Number 1 don't mean shit......Derrick Williams could be better player than Kyrie Irving.

Look at this line-up

Baron Davis/Ramon Sessions
    Anthony Parker/Daniel Gibson
    Derrick Williams/
    J.J. Hickson/Antawn Jamison
    Anderson Varejao/Enes Kanter or Jonas Valanciunas

or

Baron Davis/Kyrie Irving
    Anthony Parker/Daniel Gibson
    Antawn Jamison
    J.J. Hickson
    Anderson Varejao/Enes Kanter or Jonas Valanciunas

So tell me which one is better...I am going with Derrick Williams.
    I agree the first lineup looks more solid, but I don't think Cavs can depend on Baron Davis to be honest. They should take Irving because Davis isn't reliable and should be traded for some more help. None of these players are really that great looking to me anyways, but they could help the Cavs out a bit.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Alec Burks could be a sleeper. Dude knows how to score the ball. I could see him becoming a all star

That could work for the 4th pick. Dude is 6-6 and he's playing PG/SG but they need SF and C more than SG/PG.

Thank you...this is what I am saying.

People acting like Kyrie Irving will make the cavs much better team and I don't see it.
    yep.

Kyrie is really getting overrated on this forum.

Sure he is a good true PG. But trying to build your team around someone like Mike Conley Jr is a joke.

@ the Cavs organization if they pick up Irving instead of D-will

Banned

That could work for the 4th pick. Dude is 6-6 and he's playing PG/SG but they need more SF and C than SG/PG.
    Williams and Burks. The wing is set for a while and if it dont work there are PLENTY more SF/SGs in the next draft so its a win/win

Davis
    Burks
    Williams
    Hickson
    Andy

edit: plus they have the 7 foot Erden kid from Turkey they got grom Boston who might be solid

That could work for the 4th pick. Dude is 6-6 and he's playing PG/SG but they need SF and C more than SG/PG.
    yeah. That is why they go after Derrick Williams. He is a SF, just like Beasley. He even stated he see's himself playing the 3.

Who do the Cavs got @ the 2?

INB4 KG215 gets butt hurt

Last edited by 8BeastlyXOIAD; 05-18-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    1st pick Derrick Williams: Why? Best player in the draft by a wide margin.

4th pick Alec Burk: Why? Burk has the most potential out of any player in this class. And he fills the SG hole nicely.
    I'm not butthurt. It's just funny how stupid you are when it comes to trying to make rational NBA arguments.

Except Derrick Williams isn't the best player in the draft by a wide margin.

It's awesome when you press forward with your stupid agendas to make a point, no matter how stupid it sounds.

Even if you don't like Kyrie Irving (I don't think he's the savior some are claiming him to be) Derrick Williams still isn't the best player in the draft by a wide margin. He might be the best athlete with the most upside, but he's not the best player by a wide margin.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Brickz187
    I agree the first lineup looks more solid, but I don't think Cavs can depend on Baron Davis to be honest. They should take Irving because Davis isn't reliable and should be traded for some more help. None of these players are really that great looking to me anyways, but they could help the Cavs out a bit.

I would keep Baron Davis.....cause they need a veteran on this team and I would trade Antawn Jamison

......Baron Davis is more valuable to this team than f*cking Antawn Jamison.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm not butthurt. It's just funny how stupid you are when it comes to trying to make rational NBA arguments.

It's awesome when you press forward with your stupid agendas to make a point, no matter how stupid it sounds.

Even if you don't like Kyrie Irving (I don't think he's the savior some are claiming him to be) Derrick Williams still isn't the best player in the draft by a wide margin. He might be the best athlete with the most upside, but he's not the best player by a wide margin.
    How isn't he the best player in the class? Explain to me how.

I'd like to hear it.

Kyrie is good, but picking him over Derrick Williams will haunt the Cavs in the future. Quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    :Picking up Kyrie Irivng wont solve their problems.

They got Daniel Gibson, Baron Davis, and Ramon Sessions @ the PG slot already, no need to pick up Kyrie when he wont be nothing more than a Mike Conley Jr.

And next year if they hit the lottery again, there is a bunch of good PG's out there.
    Exactly. There aren't two players in this draft good enough to fix a lousy team without help. Start to build a franchise, a program, a culture. The failure to plan like that is a big part of why Cleveland is as bad as they are.

Take Irvine and Williams is long gone at the 4. So you settle for the next Euro-big or the big kid from Texas.

Take Willaims and you'll still have the chance to take a good guard prospect or pretty much whatever you want at the 4 spot.

Williams is the best player in this draft. He's shown steady progression throughout his two years in college, vs a guy who was annointed a star vs Cal-Poly (Pomona), St Augustines, Colgate, etc. He can play inside or outside (shot 60% from the floor and nearly that from 3), rebounds, runs, and is a legit 6'8", 240.

Irvine may be the real deal, but it's WAY too small a sample size, especially coming off the absolute worst injury a basketball player can have: a foot injury.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    I think the Cavs should draft Demetrius McCamey with their second round pick. Let Davis mentor him and he could become solid.
    McCamey is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

19 ppg, 8 reb per. 75% FT shooter. 60% FG shooter. 58% 3 PT SHOOTER.

Following a frosh season where he went for 16/7 in 28 minutes per.

Legit 6'8", 240, with great athleticism. Actually played more than 11 college games and isn't coming off a foot injury.

Took a team without a high-level D1 guard to the round of 8. Their backcourt was so bad, the starters have already transferred, knowing they won't beat out the incoming freshmen.

Don't feel bad that you didn't know it. Most of the chuckleheads across the country didn't know his name until the Sweet 16. He was the best player on the court every game he played all season.

2008:

Should the Bulls Pick Michael Beasley over Derrick Rose?

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkrage
    2008:

Should the Bulls Pick Michael Beasley over Derrick Rose?
    this is totally different.

Derrick Rose was something else.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    19 ppg, 8 reb per. 75% FT shooter. 60% FG shooter. 58% 3 PT SHOOTER.

Following a frosh season where he went for 16/7 in 28 minutes per.

Legit 6'8", 240, with great athleticism. Actually played more than 11 college games and isn't coming off a foot injury.

Took a team without a high-level D1 guard to the round of 8. Their backcourt was so bad, the starters have already transferred, knowing they won't beat out the incoming freshmen.

Don't feel bad that you didn't know it. Most of the chuckleheads across the country didn't know his name until the Sweet 16. He was the best player on the court every game he played all season.

I didn't say he wasn't the best player in the draft, I just don't think it's by a wide-margin.

The reason I think Irving should go #1 has nothing to do with me thinking he's a for sure better pro prospect than Derrick Williams. I just think a PG fits better with the Cavs than a PF/SF combo. I don't see Derrick Williams as an NBA SF but he can get by with it. He's got good enough touch from the perimeter to play SF.

It's Beasley claiming that Williams is the best player in this draft by a wide-margin that bothers me. I just don't know if that's true. I think he was the most productive player in college with the highest ceiling but I also like the potential of players like Kanter, Brandon Knight and, yes, Kyrie Irving.

Oh, and I was and am VERY aware of Derrick Williams. I'm one of the few people who posts on ISH that watches and follows college basketball closer than the NBA. I thought Derrick Williams was the best player in the country this year. He deserved much more NPOY consideration. But thank you for educating me on things I was already very aware of.
    Last edited by KG215; 05-18-2011 at 01:25 PM.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Wait a min...I didn't know that Cavs actually got first two picks(1st and 2nd picks) til they made the deal with the T-Wolves?

Is it true?