Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Nixon Aide Reportedly Admitted Drug War Was Meant To Target Black People

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Because the connotation of thug has morphed into an ascription of how someone projects themselves. The way they talk, act, dress.

People used to describe mafia henchmen and petty crooks and brutes as thugs all the time. But just like popular black culture adopted the word 'gangsta' from gangster, and used it on themselves, they did the exact same with the word thug.

People think of that word when they see ghetto looking black guys, because we all heard 2pac and Biggie and Bone Thugz N Harmony and Slim Thug and Mobb Deep's album "Thugg Muzik" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. use it to describe ghetto ass black dudes.

Okay?

Stop with the 'everything is racist' paranoia. Look in the mirror. Ask your community to look in the mirror. When they actually get their shit together, come back and we'll talk about changing perceptions. If you care about black folks then you got a lot more things to worry bout then the word 'thug.'
    Now hold on. Go back and reread the convo between six and me. The OP posted an interview in which Nixon was exposed as having a vendetta against Blacks. Six ask what would be the purpose? I responded by saying loom up the phrase "the southern strategy". I even gave a brief summary as to what that was. It was a way to get white southern racists to vote by speaking to them in code just like the term thug is used today. If the word thug is generally used for everyone TODAY???? SHOW ME AN INSTANCE WHERE A WHITE CRIMINAL OR RIOTERS HAVE BEEN REFERRED TO AS THUGS!!!!!!????? TODAY!!!!! NOT BACK IN THE 1950s.

NBA Legend

Default Re: Nixon Aide Reportedly Admitted Drug War Was Meant To Target Black People

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Now hold on. Go back and reread the convo between six and me. The OP posted an interview in which Nixon was exposed as having a vendetta against Blacks. Six ask what would be the purpose? I responded by saying loom up the phrase "the southern strategy". I even gave a brief summary as to what that was. It was a way to get white southern racists to vote by speaking to them in code just like the term thug is used today. If the word thug is generally used for everyone TODAY???? SHOW ME AN INSTANCE WHERE A WHITE CRIMINAL OR RIOTERS HAVE BEEN REFERRED TO AS THUGS!!!!!!????? TODAY!!!!! NOT BACK IN THE 1950s.

Nah I'm aight.

You go ahead n believe whatever you wanna believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    beat me to it .. blacks are constantly glorifying themselves as 'thugs' .. 'gangsta' and all that shit .. and now you idiots are complaining that they're being labelled those things ? lol
    Lol. Rappers???? Those are portrayals. I bet most of them don't even write their own lyrics.

Lol. Rappers???? Those are portrayals. I bet most of them don't even write their own lyrics.
    rappers who are being emulated by impressionable black kids .. black kids acting out those portrayals .. so how about we go after those making those portrayals ? maybe that portrayal would change .. just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Nah I'm aight.

You go ahead n believe whatever you wanna believe.
    Lol. All I did was answer a question bro. And asked a question. If you had a rebuttal, you would've been posted it.

An Icon Forever

Hey Six. Please show me an instance, where a white person has been reffered to as a "thug"

On the show Boy Meets World these characters were referred to as thugs:

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    rappers who are being emulated by impressionable black kids .. black kids acting out those portrayals .. so how about we go after those making those portrayals ? maybe that portrayal would change .. just a thought
    Wtf???? Dude. These guys are entertainers. Businessmen. How are they thugs? You're making my point for me. Are Al Pacino, or Joe Peschi, or Robert Deniro thugs because they constantly play gangsters in mafia movies? Hell Pacino played the devil once.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige

Lol.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige

Harley Keiner with Joey and Fankie

90's

LeBron fan since 1988 AceManIII's Avatar

you're right .. y'all need to stop being ignorant .. they brought it on themselves .. if you keep calling yourself a name, it's going to stick and everyone else is going to start using it to refer to you .. go blame the people glorifying those names in the media and associating them to blacks

That's why I also included the word. "NEW". You'd be hard pressed to find a white criminal be caller a thug today.
    They're still called that today.

Wtf???? Dude. These guys are entertainers. Businessmen. How are they thugs? You're making my point for me. Are Al Pacino, or Joe Peschi, or Robert Deniro thugs because they constantly play gangsters in mafia movies? Hell Pacino played the devil once.
    Those actors didn't bring their roles into REAL life like many rappers did and do to this day. Look at the 90s artists that were doing "gangsta rap". Dude's legtimately tried living that life, making them MORE than just entertainers in a fantasy land.

Don't be naive.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    They're still called that today.

Those actors didn't bring their roles into REAL life like many rappers did and do to this day. Look at the 90s artists that were doing "gangsta rap". Dude's legtimately tried living that life, making them MORE than just entertainers in a fantasy land.

Don't be naive.
    Who? 2pac? Biggie smalls? What laws were they breaking? Do you even know what a thug is? Rick Ross (the rapper ) is a damn prison guard for goodness sake. Again. You guys are making my argument for me. Lil Wayne was a straight A student. Ice cube has a college education. Rapping about a life style is not the same as living it. Do you honeatly think Dr. DRE does drive bys? Come on. Give me some examples. I beg of you

Ex police officer who now speaks out against corrupt officers Michael Woods has himself stated this to be pretty much along the lines of what they're told by superiors. He's firmly against the war on drugs.

Yet the assholes on this board still find a way to argue the contrary to it in some shape or form.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Ex police officer who now speaks out against corrupt officers Michael Woods has himself stated this to be pretty much along the lines of what they're told by superiors. He's firmly against the war on drugs.

Yet the assholes on this board still find a way to argue the contrary to it in some shape or form.

Literally nobody did this.