Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: IS, Hamas and Hezbollah brainwashing little kids: video evidence

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    that's an analogy, not an apology you fu[COLOR="Black"]cking ret[/COLOR]ard

at this point i'm not entirely sure you think there's even a difference between terrorism and radical jihad. correct me if i'm wrong but you use them as synonyms on a consistent basis.
    To be fair terrorist comes in different shapes and sizes.

Radical Jihad, for the most part are all terrorists. Find me a radical jihadists that is not a terrorist. Actually you can look up the term Jihadism and it will tell you everything you need to know and the word is synonymous with terrorism.

Banned

It's about damn time. You've come a long way since your turn modding the NBA forum with Bluth and Bill Cosby.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    To be fair terrorist comes in different shapes and sizes.

Radical Jihad, for the most part are all terrorists. Find me a radical jihadists that is not a terrorist. Actually you can look up the term Jihadism and it will tell you everything you need to know and the word is synonymous with terrorism.
    which is precisely the point and i'm glad you brought it up

nanners and droid101 were accused by both scdac and patrickchewing (only the former of whom we need pay any heed) of being incapable of discussing islamic terrorism. that clearly isn't true but it isn't even remotely the point.

the accusation was leveled on the basis of their injection of christian/jewish terrorism in a thread clearly devoted to a discussion on islamic terrorism.

what the accusation fails to factor is that they would not need to make such an injection were it not a fact that an overwhelming use of the word terrorism (the exact subject of conversation in this thread only a few days ago) restricts itself to the islamic variety. insidehoops provides an easy database of this but just watching or reading the western news, you'll find the same.

of course the familiar response to this claim of unfairness is that it's precisely fair because it's precisely proportional. muslims commit more terrorist atrocities than anyone else, therefore terrorism at least during the present period carries with it an appropriate connotation of islamic. this is not prejudice, it is merely reflective of the facts.

which isn't true. i won't cite any studies here (because nobody ever reads them anyway) but by some estimates, you'll find that in the united states over the past several decades, islamic terrorism accounts for only a tiny percent of all attacks. according to europol, islamic terrorism only made up a fraction of a tiny percent between 2005 and 2007.

so the issue isn't moral equivalency or political correctness or any nonsense of that sort. the issue is that the public discourse blatantly warps the facts to portend that islam is the major source of terrorism, not just around the world but right here at home.

this is why jesusland gets brought up in a sort of balancing act, to correct for this misrepresentation.

came into the thread expecting the terrorism apologia from the usual suspects

left satisfied

rank sentamentalist

left satisfied
    disagree, the left is never satisfied

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

at this point i'm not entirely sure you think there's even a difference between terrorism and radical jihad. correct me if i'm wrong but you use them as synonyms on a consistent basis.

It's the same shit you stupid c*nt.

You excuse the action of one by pointing out the flaws of another. Left-wing tactic extraordinaire to trap the minds of the downright dumb, like you.

Plenty of cowards on this site condemn Islam by condemning Christianity instead.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    It's the same shit you stupid c*nt.

You excuse the action of one by pointing out the flaws of another. Left-wing tactic extraordinaire to trap the minds of the downright dumb, like you.

Plenty of cowards on this site condemn Islam by condemning Christianity instead.
    good god i hate u so much and u need so many serious lessons in logic it makes me sick u r the worst poster in the history of insidehoops and im disappointed the entire ish community hasnt chased u away with fire and pitchforks u fking naive bigoted ****** ass fk even ur name makes me cringe with disgust fk u

i mean c'mon... ur last sentence doesn't even make sense. do me a sincere favour and read it again for yourself. or maybe its a typo. i shouldn't hound you on typos since theres more than enough foolishness and ignorance in your posts on which to focus.

the point, lest i exhaust my breath by making it too many goddamn times, is that POINTING OUT THE CRIMES OF CRIMINAL A DOES NOT NECESSARILY EXCUSE THE CRIMES OF CRIMINAL B.

terrorism is unjustifiable. every anarchist (u dont know what this means) / liberal (u also dont know what this means) poster in this thread believes that all forms of terrorism, properly defined, is unjustifiable.

in a thread that singles out islam for teaching violent activity, pointing out that christianity engages in the same activities and has for many hundreds of years is NOT an attempt to excuse anything. it is merely pointing out a double standard.

i hate u so much.

of course the familiar response to this claim of unfairness is that it's precisely fair because it's precisely proportional. muslims commit more terrorist atrocities than anyone else, therefore terrorism at least during the present period carries with it an appropriate connotation of islamic. this is not prejudice, it is merely reflective of the facts.

which isn't true. i won't cite any studies here (because nobody ever reads them anyway) but by some estimates, you'll find that in the united states over the past several decades, islamic terrorism accounts for only a tiny percent of all attacks. according to europol, islamic terrorism only made up a fraction of a tiny percent between 2005 and 2007.
    No no no. That is exactly, 100% true.

Go find me a study where only "a tiny fraction" of the casualties caused by terrorism have anything to do with Islamic terrorism. (globally please, since terrorism is a global issue. Obviously a place where Muslims don't live isn't gonna have a huge amount of Islamic terror)

Please. Waiting......Gonna keep waiting for that one. Open my eyes where the Christian terrorist, completely separate from any involvement from Islam at all, are responsible for thousands upon thousands upon thousands of deaths in recent times.
    Last edited by LJJ; 10-28-2014 at 09:45 PM.

You may speak for yourself, but there are plenty of apologists/Muslim sympathizers on this site and it's quite sickening.

These are the same losers that talk about Christian violence and the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition in the same sentence. They think they're making a correlation with all religions by mentioning atrocities that happened hundreds of years ago. They're too warped in the head from the invisible PC God that they never even think of a negative thought about Islam.

Typical conversation on ISH:

Poster A: Islam brainwashes their children and here is video proof.

Poster B: All religions brainwash their children.

Poster B completely sidetracks Poster A's initial topic.

rank sentamentalist

Go find me a study where only "a tiny fraction" of the casualties caused by terrorism have anything to do with Islamic terrorism. (globally please, since terrorism is a global issue. Obviously a place where Muslims don't live isn't gonna have a huge amount of Islamic terror)
    i wasn't citing casualty figures, i was citing overall incidents. if we are talking about the impact of islamic teaching on individuals, it is only rational to weigh quantity (# of perpetrators) over quality (extent of destruction).

as for your challenge, i will not take it up. my reflections pertained specifically to the western world and its perception of islamic terrorism against the reality of islamic terrorism they experience. i am talking about "they hate our freedoms" & "euro-americans are the infidels" & "middle easterners resent us cuz we're better" & all of that nonsense. i am sure you are familiar.

that may sound like an escape hatch. it is not. i am well aware that if you take into account every violent attack against civilians around the world, majority islam countries would most likely take the lead in both incidents and the casualties resulting from them.

but that is not what i am talking about. most of those are internal ethnic conflicts with extraordinarily long histories that i do not even remotely attribute to islamic doctrine. that a sunni suicide bomber in iraq murders twenty or taliban sympathizers in afghanistan storm a courthouse and murder ten... these are far more complicated subjects that boil down not to religious ideology but to political reality. to engage in that conversation would take far more time. i have wasted that effort far too often on this website. only once with you unfortunately. plus i'm drunk and somewhat incoherent.

the point IS NOT islam vs christianity, right now, who murders more. that's a dumb conversation and i'm not interested in it.

of course if i were interested in it, i could quite easily and significantly point to george bush's proclamation that "god told [him] to end the tyranny in iraq" (thats an exact quote, and not the only one). coming from a self-proclaimed and quite proud born again christian, gw clearly means the holy trinity from the bible. that war killed over a million at latest count. cancer rates in felluja are still through the roof thanks to uranium tipped bullets that are somehow legal. yet if i were to make such a claim that the invasion of iraq was based on the whim of a nutcase fundamentalist who hatched the idea when the supreme creator of the universe whispered it in his ear, you would say "BUT THAT WAS JUST PROPAGANDA".

well my friend, i feel virtually the exact same way about osama bin-laden's proclamations. and that does not mean i think george bush or osama bin-laden are clever manipulators. in fact it is my opinion that they know and wholeheartedly believe everything they are saying. but they nevertheless invoke the great lord to justify their actions.

Open my eyes where the Christian terrorist, completely separate from any involvement from Islam at all, are responsible for thousands upon thousands upon thousands of deaths in recent times.
    this challenge however is simple enough to oblige. the lord's resistance army, an example of extreme christian militants if ever there was one, serves as a fine yet horrendous example of the violence that can be inflicted in the name of dear jesus christ. the number of deaths let alone just civilians afflicted by kony and his band of madmen do not stop at "thousands upon thousands" unfortunately.

rank sentamentalist

These are the same losers that talk about Christian violence and the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition in the same sentence. They think they're making a correlation with all religions by mentioning atrocities that happened hundreds of years ago. They're too warped in the head from the invisible PC God that they never even think of a negative thought about Islam.
    the fact you think hundreds upon hundreds of years of human history have no bearing on this argument suggests volumes about you lack of understanding that pertains to the very issues we're discussing.

the fact you think hundreds upon hundreds of years of human history have no bearing on this argument suggests volumes about you lack of understanding that pertains to the very issues we're discussing.

In Islam, yes. They've been killing others and each other since the inception of the religion.

Christianity and Judaism?? No! Both religions reformed to not follow a literal translation of their holy books and eventually realized that violence was pretty stupid.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    In Islam, yes. They've been killing others and each other since the inception of the religion.

Christianity and Judaism?? No! Both religions reformed to not follow a literal translation of their holy books and eventually realized that violence was pretty stupid.
    both of them started 800+ years earlier. in other words, i long freaking time. do you deny this fact or do you feel it is inconsequential? btw many scholars of islam who i am sure you are not well read up on believe that islam is current going through ITS reformation. while judaism and christianity were going through their respective reformations, do you not believe that there were many people claiming they were inherently violent religions much as you proclaim islam to be?

both of them started 800+ years earlier. in other words, i long freaking time. do you deny this fact or do you feel it is inconsequential? btw many scholars of islam who i am sure you are not well read up on believe that islam is current going through ITS reformation. while judaism and christianity were going through their respective reformations, do you not believe that there were many people claiming they were inherently violent religions much as you proclaim islam to be?
    He hasn't read up on shit. He knows literal shit, and is a piece of shit.

He doesn't understand that if you study history, you can learn from it and how to change the future. Why did Christians and Catholics perform their atrocities hundreds of years ago, in the name of the Bible? What made them change their ways? Perhaps the answer to that can answer to current atrocities done in the name of the Qur'an.

You waste your time arguing while Nick Young collects that Mossad paycheck.