Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Anyone listening to the Serial podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    Well since jay knew exactly where the car was that means either Jay or Adnan did it.Him knowing where the car is rules out everyone else on earth.No way he makes all this up + knows where the car is if someone else did it.They are now trying to claim that some random serial killer did it but im sure that happens in a lot of cases like this.
    You're missing another possible option. Somebody else that Jay knew killed her and Jay either did it with this person or learned about it.

A lot of people are pointing out that Jay still seems paranoid about the case to this day. He can't be in fear of Adnan, he's in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    You're missing another possible option. Somebody else that Jay knew killed her and Jay either did it with this person or learned about it.

A lot of people are pointing out that Jay still seems paranoid about the case to this day. He can't be in fear of Adnan, he's in jail.
    Side effect of smoking weed.If he really was paranoid why would he put his face out there and do a interview?

3-time NBA All-Star

So the day Jay kills Hay or helped the person that did or learned about who did, Adnan coincidentally lends his car and phone to Jay?

Like they said in the last episode, for Adnan to be innocent he is incredibly unlucky for so much other stuff that would go against that to happen.

someone please bump this thread when season 2 starts

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    Side effect of smoking weed.If he really was paranoid why would he put his face out there and do a interview?
    It was already out there.

The case files are public information and people found his facebook page weeks ago.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Finished episode 12 earlier today.. at this very moment I'm leaning towards the business partners theory on reddit. Both are clearly hiding something and giving half-truths.. someone else could also be involved that's still a threat to them and their families.

What really irritates me is the police going out of their way to distort the evidence and have Jay's story matchup with theirs.. the missing hours while being interviewed by the police.. and the obvious islamophobic slant by the jury/judge etc.. and worst of all, Jay getting a slap on the wrist with a mere 2 year probation.
    Interesting theory. But it doesn't make sense for Adnan to hide the fact that he was drug dealing when it could've saved a premeditated murder charge when Hay is already dead. It's possible that he feels like other people he cared about could've been harmed even till this day but then why the hell would Adnan agree to do this podcast?

And an ounce of weed isn't necessarily bought to be sold. You can go through an oz of weed over a week or two.
    Last edited by guy; 01-04-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Currently listening to the last few episodes. It's really interesting.

Just finished the last episode. I feel terrible after this binge. Like the host, I still don't know whose side I'm on, making me question anything and everything about this case. I keep on wondering whose story has been severely molded by hindsight or bias.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I finished it last week.

I too liked the business partner theory, and the third party threat. But it makes less sense the more time that passes.

Adnan's been in prison a long time now. How persistent has this threat been? Unless he's actually enjoying prison life, you'd think he'd've turned on any third party killer at this point if he knew about them. How powerful would a drug dealer have to be to remain this powerful 15 years later? He'd have to be on the Nino Brown level or something. Logic sort of dictates that if there is some third party who's at the level of gangland killing small time high school kids' honor student girlfriends, then he probably is either dead or in jail himself at this point, unless he's some kind of Lex Luthor style criminal genius.

At the same time throughout this whole thing, there was never really a compelling theory as to why Jay would've killed her. I know there were some small theories about her seeing him with drugs in Adnan's car, and a few other things, but murder at that point makes little sense. Then Jay starts hanging out with Adnan that same day after spontanieously deciding to kill his girlfriend as a means to set up this really complicated convoluted story to pin it on him. That might be giving Jay too much credit.

I'm at the point where I think it's most likely Adnan did it. That it probably happened something similar to Jay's story. Was there enough evidence to convict Adnan? Probably not from what I heard, if all they really have is Jay's testimony. But that doesn't mean I have to believe he's not the guy.

I do however think the state's timeline was wrong. Both Adnon and Hae were in school at 2:36 that day, according to the unused testimonies of other students like Summer and Asia. The autopsy didn't produce a specific time of death and there's no way they could have been at Best Buy by 2:36 with all of this factored in.

If Adnon did it, why hasn't he pointed the finger at Jay at any time?

Anyone know other good stuff to listen to? I'm listening to this series now and am gonna need a new fix soon

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

You know you've hit the big time when SNL does a direct parody of you.

Cecily Strong got the Sarah Koenig voice down pat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA7BCwrpn6U

The lawyer friend of Adnan is very happy about Jay's interview and she would probably tear him apart on the stand.
    The family friend of Adnan has now done her own podcast.
    The Undisclosed Podcast is a listening experience that reframes, enhances or otherwise shifts everything you've come to know about the State of Maryland's case against Adnan Syed, especially as you've come to know it through listening to Serial.
    There six episodes in and they make a very, very strong case for police and prosecutorial misconduct.

They play some of the audio of Jay, the absolutely crucial witness against Adnan, in his first interviews with the cops. There are giant pauses in his story. He sounds like a student who hasn't prepared for a test. Utterly lost.

Several times after these pauses he gives a very clear answer in a manner that that doesn't match his train of though, his earlier tone of voice or previous grammar. It's very startling to hear. They say this happens several times during Jay's interview and it's always preceded what sounds like someone tapping a pen on a desk. They also find some police documents including maps of the area the body was found and cell phone tower maps. On these maps are locations that match Jay's new clear answers. One time after a tapping, Jay gives a very specific intersection, one of the few where both streets are named on the map. Previously Jay is absolutely vague on on street locations.

You can't listen this audio without thinking that the police are interviewing a witness they already coached into a story.

The lawyer is doing the podcast who two other legal bloggers. One of whom is the one who discovered the tapping pattern.

The other thing that is interesting about this is the the map of the cell towers the cops had the first interview was wrong. One of the cell towers was in the wrong place, but the witness tells a story that keeps bringing Adnan's cell phone near that specific tower.

The other legal blogger is an evidence expert and he basically says if you look at the autopsy evidence. The murder/burial could not have happened the way the state said it did.
    The cops say the body was buried around 7PM which corresponds to a couple of cell phone pings from Adnan's phone. So this is less than 5 hours after she was seen at school.

The victims body was found laying on its right side. However all the blood evidence indicates the body was laying face down for at least 8 and up to 24 hours (the weather would affect the time) before it was moved to its side.

Banned

I listened to it and while I'm not certain who did it I think Adnan has too many coincidences in his story which means he probably did do it. That being said he should not have been convicted on that evidence especially all the misconduct going on.

I read an interview with Jay that he's done on another site, he claims his story didn't match up because he was dealing and growing drugs at his grandmas house and he'd been told previously if he were dealing there she would lose the house, he says parts of his story that changed actually took place at that house which he was trying to keep out of it. Who knows if it's true but it's an excuse I guess.