Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast
    Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: Where does AI fit in the new team?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiiner
    AI is more of a shooting guard who gets points based on how many shots he takes. I doubt he will be running the Pistons Offense.

Rip Hamilton is cemented in as shooting guard.

Stuckey is probably going to pick up 35+ minutes a night with the trade.

So where is AI's place?
    i think this could work. AI definitely fits with Pistons more than the Nuggets.

But they still got no shot in hell of winning it all though.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

they never should have traded andre miller, but now they have a better version of him. Expect real big things from melo.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    i think this could work. AI definitely fits with Pistons more than the Nuggets.

But they still got no shot in hell of winning it all though.
    I dont think this will be the last trade for the pistons.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

So what, the Nuggets essentially traded Andre Miller for Chauncey Billups?

I'm leaving out other players, maybe draft picks/money, but I'm kind of suprised Denver didn't opt to keep Iverson till he expires.

Iverson in Detroit will be, well, kind of weird, but you have to think he'll come out "motivated", maybe even ready to tone down a bit for the sake of the team... but is that his game?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Well I love the move by the Denver front office, if Billups plays to his talent level then he's a perfect fit for what Denver wants and needs to do as he's a real pg, can defend and probably most importantly shoot the 3.

1 thing that people fail to realize, is that as much as people say Chauncey was expendable because of Stuckey, AI is probably even more expendable because of JR and basically the numerous other scorers Denver has and Chauncey doesn't really suck at that either
    I'm not saying Billups is a horrible player, far, far from it. But his deal is going to hurt, starting very soon. It just doesn't make sense after the moves they'd made to cut salary in the offseason, they were poised to have AI's massive deal coming off the books, now they bring in a contract I hate. All goes well, Denver does what, 2nd round? They just can't seem to pick a direction.

Man, if only Denver hadn't of let go of Camby, they'd be in a much better situation, especially if Dyess retires or wants to be waived.

Camby
    Martin
    Melo
    Smith
    Billups
    --
    Nene
    Anderson
    Kleiza
    Balkman
    Carter

is dangerous.

Interesting trade.

Pistons get a little more explosive on offense.

Nuggets get some needed leadership at the point, as well as another bigman to help Nene.

Melo and JR Smith fantasy owners should be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    Definitely not.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    Unless the next trade will bring in someone who will take the best player/#1 option title from Iverson (and knock him to the #2 spot), the Pistons still aint gonna win it all. No team with Iverson as the #1 option/best player will win it all.

I'm not hating on AI. But really... undersized shoot-first guard ain't the right foundation to build a winning team. Especially at Iverson's age. Right now he's not even a top five guard in the league.

Not airballing my layups anymore Wiiner's Avatar

Lets hope the future trades make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    So what, the Nuggets essentially traded Andre Miller for Chauncey Billups?

I'm leaving out other players, maybe draft picks/money, but I'm kind of suprised Denver didn't opt to keep Iverson till he expires.

Iverson in Detroit will be, well, kind of weird, but you have to think he'll come out "motivated", maybe even ready to tone down a bit for the sake of the team... but is that his game?

Well, the thing is, the Pistons can use AI's scoring. The Pistons also lacked someone who could penetrate consistantly and break down the defense. Look for RIP's and Tayshaun's numbers to increase with AI breaking down defenses and kicking it out.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrcp3
    A.i will be the Starting PG .... he now actually has players how he can FULLY trust ..... Rip and Prince, they demand respect from any player including iverson .... member A.i avgs like 6 - 7 apg ..... but as for Iverson and Rasheed LOL WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS .... BOTH ARE KNUCKLE HEADS or at least Iverson was .... Rasheed still is and always will be !
    When will the excuses stop? What's wrong w/Melo and everyone else in Denver?

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

how so? they were 6 games short (hypothectially speaking) last year?. Iverson is much better than Billups on offense how many points did they lose by in game six? 10 11? AI scores close to 30 points per game esspecailly in the playoffs who knows ????

Local High School Star bballnoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I'm not saying Billups is a horrible player, far, far from it. But his deal is going to hurt, starting very soon. It just doesn't make sense after the moves they'd made to cut salary in the offseason, they were poised to have AI's massive deal coming off the books, now they bring in a contract I hate. All goes well, Denver does what, 2nd round? They just can't seem to pick a direction.
    Agreed. Defeats the purpose of the Camby deal.

Better move for Detroit IMO. They aren't in a position to be knocking of Boston/LA so might as well begin retooling now with the cap room. Also, Iverson brings a different dimension of offense to the Pistons. He can attack the paint as opposed to the more jumpshooting oriented Pistons before. Yeah he's inefficient as hell but there's more flexibility at least for the offense.