Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: home
Posts: 3,708
Default Deron Washington, does he make the Final Roster ?

I would like for him to be on the roster so he can enter the slam dunk contest. He could keep Pistons name out there if he can win. he has hops and his jams are crazy. Hope joe can work out something, from what i heard Joe likes to live a roster position open just incase he has to make some moves in the before the trade deadline.
dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Deron Washington, does he make the Final Roster ?

The first year of his contract is partially guaranteed. In the summer they anticipated he would play enough to make it fully guaranteed. His contract is similiar to Will Bynum's. I would think they would keep him just because of his contract.

While the kid can dunk and be entertaining, he hasn't shown enough to be in the league yet. He wasn't very good in summer league and he isn't getting any PT in the preseason. IMO, what's the point of paying someone for nothing? He needs to step up his game before he can make it in the league.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,818
Default Re: Deron Washington, does he make the Final Roster ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr8ked
I would like for him to be on the roster so he can enter the slam dunk contest. He could keep Pistons name out there if he can win. he has hops and his jams are crazy. Hope joe can work out something, from what i heard Joe likes to live a roster position open just incase he has to make some moves in the before the trade deadline.
even with him they are only at 14 players.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Deron Washington, does he make the Final Roster ?

14 players and a guaranteed contract means he has a spot.... on the bench. They could potentially send him to the D-League for a while too. That would probably benefit him quite a bit. He has some work to do.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,818
Default Re: Deron Washington, does he make the Final Roster ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
14 players and a guaranteed contract means he has a spot.... on the bench. They could potentially send him to the D-League for a while too. That would probably benefit him quite a bit. He has some work to do.
yeah, I dont expect him to ever be on the active roster unless there is an injury. He wont see any time at the 2 with rip, bg and stuckey all taking minutes, and he wont see any mins at the 3 either. NBDL sounds good to me. I expect him and Jerkebo to be on the inactive list most of the time with summers also subbing in and out for jerkebo.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Deron Washington, does he make the Final Roster ?

I actually think Jerebko and Summers could see some real minutes this year (and Daye too). Potentially 5 to 10 minutes per game. They have played well thus far and are really earning spots on the roster. Summers has the potential for the most as he really looks like that backup to Tay we have been looking for. I could potentially see Jerebko going to the D-League just because he'll be playing behind Charlie, Kwame, Wilcox, Big Ben, Daye, Maxiell, etc. It might be hard to find him minutes.

Here's the weird thing that Keuster was talking about..... he played Daye at SG two nights ago and intends to do more weird things like that. We are already stacked at SG so that would lead me to believe even more that Washington will be in the D-League.

Scary things with the roster so far:
Daye at SG
Kwame & Wallace starting down low (absolutely no offensive productivity/threat there)
Gordon at PG
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,818
Default Re: Deron Washington, does he make the Final Roster ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I actually think Jerebko and Summers could see some real minutes this year (and Daye too). Potentially 5 to 10 minutes per game. They have played well thus far and are really earning spots on the roster. Summers has the potential for the most as he really looks like that backup to Tay we have been looking for. I could potentially see Jerebko going to the D-League just because he'll be playing behind Charlie, Kwame, Wilcox, Big Ben, Daye, Maxiell, etc. It might be hard to find him minutes.

Here's the weird thing that Keuster was talking about..... he played Daye at SG two nights ago and intends to do more weird things like that. We are already stacked at SG so that would lead me to believe even more that Washington will be in the D-League.

Scary things with the roster so far:
Daye at SG
Kwame & Wallace starting down low (absolutely no offensive productivity/threat there)
Gordon at PG
I like the kwame/wallace pairing (not to start since CV will man the 4). Our two best defenders (yes, both are better than max IMO) and will hustle for the easy basket when the other team breaks down/helps too much. I think playing/starting wallace may set a tone that will help them concentrate on the D (hard to do as just a locker room veteran leader).

IMO daye will get the most minutes of the rookies and jerkebo the least (mostly since hes being molded as a big, where we have 5 deep in front of him).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Deron Washington, does he make the Final Roster ?

I understand Villaneuva will be starting at PF. I don't think Kwame is one of our two best defenders. I think his defense gets over rated because of his size. Being big doesn't make someone a good defender. I think using him and Ben at the same time kills what we can do offensively. Without having a guy with their back to the basket who can give us a bucket the defense will know we are either taking an outside shot or one of our guards is going to try to penetrate the lane. It puts a lot more pressure on them. I think Ben and Tay are our two best defenders. I think at C Kwame is our best defensive option (at least so far) but that doesn't make him a good defender.

I agree Jerebko will get the least amount of playing time out of the three rookies. There's a lot of people he's playing behind. He'll still get in the games some though. It all depends on who ends up getting hurt too.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #9
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: home
Posts: 3,708
Default Re: Deron Washington, does he make the Final Roster ?

Deron Washington didnt make the final roster
dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
dd24
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Deron Washington, does he make the Final Roster ?

Way to give a kid who wasn't good enough to make the team a guaranteed contract and then cut him. Did he get completely cut or is he on his way to the D-League? I didn't think he was good enough to make the team but thought he would because they gave him a guaranteed contract (or at least partially). It just doesn't make sense to me to be throwing money at a player who really didn't have a shot at making the team.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy