Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 10-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
Mavs4ever
Saw a basketball once

Default Pacers trade forward Shawne Williams to Mavs

INDIANAPOLIS: Shawne Williams is getting a new start in the NBA.

Dogged by three incidents involving police in the past 13 months, the 6-foot-9 forward has been traded by the Indiana Pacers to Dallas for future draft picks, cash and possibly another player, his agent said Friday.

Williams will be reunited with new Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle, who coached the Pacers when Indiana drafted him out of Memphis in the first round in 2006.

"He's excited to get to a team and get a new shot and kind of get reinvigorated," agent Happy Walters said. "He loves Larry (Bird), so he's sad to leave Larry and the Pacers because he has friends there, but he's excited with a new start."

Source : http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/...s-Williams.php

I kinda like this trade
Mavs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
Glo41
Mavs & Knicks 4ever

Default Re: Pacers trade forward Shawne Williams to Mavs

Low risk high reward type trade.

I like it because I remember this guy being a really good scorer back in Indiana and seems perfect for Jason Kidd. I just hope he doesn't become continue his knucklehead acts because we already got our hands full with Josh.
Glo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I'm a Pacer fan, so I've watched Shawne the last few years. When he's on, he's very good. He's a good shooter, solid with the ball, pretty average defense. He's pretty athletic, but he doesn't really use it. He just seems rather lazy and uninterested. He could be a solid 6th man someday, but I just don't know if he's willing.

It's worth the risk though. Given his off court trouble it was time to cut ties in Indy, but it wasn't because the kid's talentless. If they want Jones back just resign him, I've gotta think he'll be waived. Does anyone know the details of the 2 2nd round picks? Are they Dallas's own from the next 2 seasons or is one you got from the Nets included?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Dallas gave up way too much for Shawne Williams. The kid has done nothing in the NBA. Dallas traded Eddie Jones, two 2nd rounders and cash considerations for a player who averaged only six points, two rebounds and under one assit per game last season while playing on a bad Pacers team.

Indiana was basically giving the guy away and Dallas payed a heavy price for him. Also, Dallas already has two players like Shawne Williams on the team in Gerald Green and Antoine Wright.

I just don't like this trade at all.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: