Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 12-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Default Marc Stein: Terry Dallas' best player so far

Quote:
When they're not trying to avoid Devin Harris' box scores from Jersey, Mavs sympathizers are giving thanks that they still have Jason Terry, who's been the league's best sixth man so far ... as well as the Mavs' best player.

from his current power ranking.

do you agree? i certainly don't, Dirk is averaging 24/9/3 and only 1.44 TOs versus Terry's 20/3/4 on equal shooting and more TOs.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
NastaMaverick
College star

Talking Re: Marc Stein: Terry Dallas' best player so far

Dirk has been inconsistent and Terry has been there for us in the clutch, unlike Dirk who practically disappears in the 4th quarter.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Default Re: Marc Stein: Terry Dallas' best player so far

Dirk has been throwing down double doubles 5 out of the last 7 games. And was Western Conference player of the week last week. I'd wouldn't exactly call him inconsistant. That would go more to Terry to start the season until he started his tear.

In the 4th teams are coming at Dirk and making someone else beat them. And for a change Jet and Kidd are coming through. I don't know that I've ever seen Jet more aggressive and confident since he's been here. He really has taken off with the 6th man role. And couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Always upbeat and ready to go. Not to mention the steals have been very nice as well. Never saw that coming.

Anyone else notice that the ball seems to be moving around more since Josh has been out hurt? I hope he has and joins in when he gets back.

And it's good seeing the young guys like Wright and Green getting some time instead of Stack. Need to see if these guys can contribute on a consistant basis. Of course I still cringe every time Barea is on the court. But I do like what Carlisle is doing pushing buttons with the players and combos.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #4
NastaMaverick
College star

Agreed. I cant stand Barea and whats the point of Carlisle starting Green if he's just gonna play less than 10 minutes? I dont get it, and he's been doing every game lately. Also, you say Dirk hasnt been inconsistent? So he's having one small streak of him doing alright...so what. Where has he been late in the 4th when weve needed him? We were beating the Lakers all game when we played them and they went on a 17 point streak. You know who stepped up? Terry. We still lost but he made it close.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
Glo41
Mavs & Knicks 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
Agreed. I cant stand Barea and whats the point of Carlisle starting Green if he's just gonna play less than 10 minutes? I dont get it, and he's been doing every game lately. Also, you say Dirk hasnt been inconsistent? So he's having one small streak of him doing alright...so what. Where has he been late in the 4th when weve needed him? We were beating the Lakers all game when we played them and they went on a 17 point streak. You know who stepped up? Terry. We still lost but he made it close.
We went into overtime with New York. You know who stepped up? Dirk.

Like Silent Mav said, in the 4th defenders clamp down on Dirk and double or triple team usually when he actually gets the ball. Its happening even more so this year with our lack of scorers and shooters. Terry's taking advantage of that and driving in those open lanes as well hitting open shots thanks to Dirk's defenders never leaving him.

Still though I agree that Dirk should be more aggressive in the 4th. He settles for the fade away jumpers way too much at times.

Oh and Terry's one of my favorite players. He's been the best player for us for sure during the last 2 or 3 games. The whole season so far though? Cmon.

Last edited by Glo41 : 12-02-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Glo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #6
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Terry started slow, so they both are guilty of streaks. But Dirk does need to quit looking to pass so quick in the 4th. Wait for the double to come. And I'm with you on Green. Though I'm not sure if his back is ok or not. He's wearing a brace around his back when they show him on the bench.

Let's face it though, we're going to need all of them contributing to do any good.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:34 AM   #7
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Nasta, looks like we are going to have to cut Barea a little slack. At least for a game or two. The little guy did alright tonight.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #8
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Of course Dirk was the best Mavs player so far.

Did you know he is the 6th best defensive rebounder in the league this year (averaging 7.9 drpg)? Ahead of Garnett, Biedrins, Bosh, Duncan....
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #9
NastaMaverick
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Nasta, looks like we are going to have to cut Barea a little slack. At least for a game or two. The little guy did alright tonight.
wow I know. he was sick last night.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: