Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 02-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
paperstreet
Serious playground baller

Default Kidd will walk after this season, unless the Mavs can win it all

Coming off a great win vs Orlando and the trade deadline coming up, will the Mavs make a move?

I'm worried they won't do anything and we're stuck with this team that would be happy to make it out of the 1st round.

If this team doesn't look like a contender, Kidd walks after the season. He wants a title before retirement.
Option 1) Find a slam dunk trade to get another star in here to pair with Jet, Kidd, and Dirk. Use Howard/Stack/Bass if you must.

Option 2) Deal Kidd. Can't take the risk that he just walks after giving up Harris and the picks. The Kidd for Camby/Baron deal is interesting enough, wonder what else we can get for him.

Owing the nets are picks doesn't help if we are trying to rebuild. The Mavs have to try to win now, at least for another season or two.

Any thoughts?
paperstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
winningfreak
Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Kidd will walk after this season, unless the Mavs can win it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperstreet

Option 2) Deal Kidd. Can't take the risk that he just walks after giving up Harris and the picks. The Kidd for Camby/Baron deal is interesting enough, wonder what else we can get for him.

Any thoughts?

Clippers would never do this. Kidd has been on the downside of his carrer for 2 or 3 seasons now and probly does not want to play to much longer.

Baron Davis is younger, still enjoying playing, and likes to play in California and Camby has been one of the only good things working for the Clippers this season.

The only way they would trade them to Dallas is if you added Josh Howard or Dirk...
winningfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
marla07860
I usually hit open layups

don't worry, Mavericks won't win it all, Celtics are again, maybe mavs will in a couple years, but I don't see him winning with Dallas, if he is smart if he can walk I say he walks to play with Kobe or Lebron
marla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
Glo41
Mavs & Knicks 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by winningfreak
Clippers would never do this. Kidd has been on the downside of his carrer for 2 or 3 seasons now and probly does not want to play to much longer.

Baron Davis is younger, still enjoying playing, and likes to play in California and Camby has been one of the only good things working for the Clippers this season.

The only way they would trade them to Dallas is if you added Josh Howard or Dirk...
I'm pretty sure the Clippers would do this actually. Baron hasn't exactly been playing good and his contract is huge as well as all the displeasure he seems to be having there. This would save the Clippers a huuge amount of money and we all know how the Clippers love to do that.
Glo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
paperstreet
Serious playground baller

What I was trying to say is that, the Mavs need to make a deal, be it Kidd for youth, picks, etc, or a move to make them a contender.

They have been playing well lately, which is not a good time to give Cuban/Nelson doubts about making a neccessary move.
paperstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
JJ81
Good college starter

Which team would pick him up if he walks?
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: