Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Offseason off to too slow a start?

We've all sat back and watched how the Magic, Wizards, and Hawks, all teams in the Southeast division have gotten stronger.

Meanwhile, Riley remains unsuccessful on trading into the first round of the draft, drafts a guy in the second round, only to trade him a few minutes later, and picks up a unlikely to make the team project with the last pick in the draft.

Is this some ninja master plan that's going to fool us all, or has Riley lost his touch?
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
sobeking
I airball my layups

sobeking has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Offseason off to too slow a start?

Yeah, it's a genius plan that we can't figure it out...
Like Minnesota getting 3 PG's. It's so clever, that we can't figure it out.

I dunno guys. IMO Riley is waiting to make any sort of moves.

Riley said that he wanted Dwyane Wade commitment before making any changes... So he's wanting Wade to resign before making some moves, but I can be quite sure that he's got some ideas to improve the team, it's only that he's waiting for Wade.
I dunno if that's the best course he would take, maybe he should first make the changes and those will be the reason why Wade resign.

It's a sure thing that the offseason is off to a slow start... However, it's just the beginning, maybe we'll still be seeing some moves from Riley...

I didn't expected much from the Draft... I didn't thought the Heat would move to the first round, Riley is still saving his bullets to make the bigger killing, if you know what I mean.
sobeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Well the thing is... Riley said he didn't really want to draft another inexperienced player for the backcourt, yet that's exactly what he did in trading for Patrick Beverley. And instead of getting someone with a consistent 3PT shot, he basically got someone who is scouted as a Mario Chalmers clone... some who has a decent handle, and is somewhat okay at driving to the hoop, but is most known as a defensive PG.

Also, all three of those teams that upgraded their roster, as I quote Riley on it were "giveaways" for expiring contracts. I don't want Riley to wait too long and end up getting table scraps because all the teams who were looking to trade a good player in a salary dump have already made their moves.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

If Wade doesn't resign, i don't want Pat wasting one penny of that cap.
If Wade does dip then we are going to need as much cap space as possible.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Next offseason Miami will be sitting in a sweet position to attract free agents. For starters they can give Wade more than any team. They will have cap space to lure someone to South Beach (who doesnt wanna live there?).

I think Miami will add 1 maybe 2 bargain free agents. By bargain? Look at the free agents. They arent getting big bucks tossed at them because teams are very picky/selective. You can end up getting a guy for a 1yr deal who wants to play for a contract next offseason.

You ask who? Not sure, take a look at the free agent market and tell me what you need. What can Miami do really? You dont got much in terms of trade value. Why would you move Beasley? JO? Why move him, he is a cap clearer. Not gonna get much for the other guys....that isnt to imply they stink.

I think Riley is panning for next offseason...just my guess. Wade can pout all he wants. Kobe did the same crap and where did he go? Nowhere. And you can counter "l.a went and made moves" but Miami can do the same next offseason.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

The thing is, I feel there are talented players out there willing to take a 1yr deal.

Guys like Iverson, Flip Murray, Drew Gooden, Chris Wilcox, etc... can be had for the MLE and possibly lower towards the LLE.

Why not take a chance on one for 1yr?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: