Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-31-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
Coop-A-Loop
I can handle it!!!

Default Laker Playoff Roster???

Just wondering what three players everyone believes should be on the inactive list come the playoffs - two if Newble is not resigned today - which as insurance for Ariza I believe he will be.

We all know these guys are in:

Kobe, Lamar, D-Fish, Gasol, Bynum, Farmar,Turiaf, Sasha, Radmanovic, Walton

The last two spots come down to Newble, Mbenga, Mihm, Karl and Ariza.

Ariza, if healthy is in, if not then I believe Newble get's the spot.

The last spot depends, in my opinion, on what they want on the bench more a shooter - Karl - or a 4th big man - Mbenga or Mihm. And if it comes down to DJ and Chris - who deserves the spot more right now?
Coop-A-Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Droth24
Gonna kick cancers ass

Default Re: Laker Playoff Roster???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop-A-Loop
Just wondering what three players everyone believes should be on the inactive list come the playoffs - two if Newble is not resigned today - which as insurance for Ariza I believe he will be.

We all know these guys are in:

Kobe, Lamar, D-Fish, Gasol, Bynum, Farmar,Turiaf, Sasha, Radmanovic, Walton

The last two spots come down to Newble, Mbenga, Mihm, Karl and Ariza.

Ariza, if healthy is in, if not then I believe Newble get's the spot.

The last spot depends, in my opinion, on what they want on the bench more a shooter - Karl - or a 4th big man - Mbenga or Mihm. And if it comes down to DJ and Chris - who deserves the spot more right now?
I think the inactive list should have Mihm, Newble, and Karl.If everyone is healthy this is. this is beacause Mihm is just coming off injury and is looking a bit shaky out there, Newble hasn't played much so i don't know much about him and Karl is young and too inexperienced. Mbenga is in for defenseive purposes, and ariza is in because he was really good off of the bench before he got hurt. But of course everything comes down to how healthy the team is come playoff time.
Droth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

I think the only guarantee is that coby karl will not get a spot. If it comes down to DJ and Mihm, it will be difficult, i'm sure they will watch and see how mihm plays the nnext few weeks. I dont know, I think having more of a banger downlow in DJ would benefit us more against shaq/duncan etc. But its all on how Mihm does the next few weeks, Lakers may want to roll with him bc he knows th triangle better but only if it looks like he can contribute
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I think the only guarantee is that coby karl will not get a spot. If it comes down to DJ and Mihm, it will be difficult, i'm sure they will watch and see how mihm plays the nnext few weeks. I dont know, I think having more of a banger downlow in DJ would benefit us more against shaq/duncan etc. But its all on how Mihm does the next few weeks, Lakers may want to roll with him bc he knows th triangle better but only if it looks like he can contribute

No disrespect to mihm but Mbenga has developed a game that can help us much more on both ends of the court now. He has some moves down low and is healthy enough and in shape to keep up with anyone.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
Crash
Its Showtime

Isnt the roster declared on a "per game" basis?
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
Lakers13
Reload Time

We can only carry 12 active players in the playoffs? From that list Id go Mbenga and Mihm. If Ariza is healthy Mbenga and Ariza. Im not sure why we signed Newble when he doesnt even get any playing time.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:21 PM   #7
Crash
Its Showtime

Increase in Playoff Roster Size:

- Playoff roster size will be expanded from 13 to 15 players, with each team designating 12 active players and up to three inactive players prior to each game.

InsideHoops.com Editor Says: I like it. Teams can have 15 eligible players all season. Might as well let them have the same thing in the playoffs.

“Our owners are intent on making the playoff seeding more fair for all teams going forward and in quickening the pace of the end of games,” said Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations. “The Board also thought it made sense to allow teams to utilize the same 15-man roster in the playoffs that they use during the regular season.”

The rules changes were recommended by the Rules and Competition Committee at its annual meeting in June, and approved this week by a vote of the Board of Governors.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
Increase in Playoff Roster Size:

- Playoff roster size will be expanded from 13 to 15 players, with each team designating 12 active players and up to three inactive players prior to each game.

InsideHoops.com Editor Says: I like it. Teams can have 15 eligible players all season. Might as well let them have the same thing in the playoffs.

“Our owners are intent on making the playoff seeding more fair for all teams going forward and in quickening the pace of the end of games,” said Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations. “The Board also thought it made sense to allow teams to utilize the same 15-man roster in the playoffs that they use during the regular season.”

The rules changes were recommended by the Rules and Competition Committee at its annual meeting in June, and approved this week by a vote of the Board of Governors.

I actually mentioned this a few times but couldn't find how to prove it.

thanks so much for this crash.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #9
Coop-A-Loop
I can handle it!!!

I don't think I made my initial point clear - sorry - my question was of the 15 man roster the Lakers have now, three of those players has to be inactive for any one game in the playoffs - of the five I listed in the first post, which two would you take?
Good info Crash, thanks. This can be changed on a game-by-game basis just like the regular season I would assume?
Coop-A-Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
Crash
Its Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop-A-Loop
I don't think I made my initial point clear - sorry - my question was of the 15 man roster the Lakers have now, three of those players has to be inactive for any one game in the playoffs - of the five I listed in the first post, which two would you take?
Good info Crash, thanks. This can be changed on a game-by-game basis just like the regular season I would assume?

Tough question, if we play the Suns we might need the extra fouls for the big cactus, but if we play Golden St we're going to need more D and more speed.

Its all depending on matchups for me... and of course, injuries.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: