Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

Default Update Dirk surpasses Havlicek on All Time Scoring List

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...n-scoring-list

"The Dallas Mavericks' star pulled even with Boston Celtics legend John Havlicek for 12th place on the league's all-time scoring list during Tuesday night's loss to the Golden State Warriors. The milestone came on an off night for Nowitzki, who finished with only 12 points on 4-of-11 shooting.

Nowitzki now has 26,395 points in his 16-year career. He has moved past Jerry West, Reggie Miller, Kevin Garnett and Alex English on the all-time scoring list this season.

Nowitzki, who is averaging 21.5 points per game this season, is on pace become one of the top 10 scorers in NBA history by the end of the season. Dominique Wilkins (26,668 points) and Oscar Robertson (26,710) are next on the list for Nowitzki.
    "

He hasn't been playing great in the last games, but I prefer so than him get injured in case if the mavs make the playoffs (which I actually don't prefer this year).
    If he scores 15ppg till the end of the season he'll get Dominique. I am not sure about Oscar this season. But the Dirk will be back next season .
    Last edited by moaz; 03-12-2014 at 09:22 PM. Reason: update

Default Re: Dirk ties Havlicek on All Time Scoring List

Nice. He'll keep climbing up that ladder.

He needs 315 more points to tie Oscar for 10th alltime. With 17 games left, that means he'd have to average 18.5ppg if he plays every game. It's certainly doable, and even if he doesn't get there this season, he will obviously get there next season, where he will also move past Hakeem (9th), Hayes (8th) and Moses (7th).

Should make this thread after he actually surpasses him though If Dirk averages 18.5 PPG for the last 17 Games he will surpass Oscar for 10th this Year. Easy.

Been an absolute pleasure and privilege to watch him play for the last 16 seasons. To be a Mavericks fan from the heart breaking 7 game loss in the '88 WCFs vs Showtime, to the fall of Roy Tarpley, the tease of the 3 Js, the scare of the proposed Ross Perot Jr. "Tampa Bay Mavericks" move in the 90's, to trading young Jason Kidd for 60 cents on the dollar....to be a Mavs fan since 1986 and to endure all of that, to be literally the worst sports franchise, not NBA, but all of the Big 3 American Sports in the 90s...

...to make it to that day in 1998 when the Mavs drafted Dirk and the ride began...all I can do is thank him for what he is meant to this city, to this fanbase, and to the culture of North Texas. A place where the Mavs, in a Cowboys town, currently holds the longest current sellout streak in professional sports history at over 500 straight games dating back to 2001...

Thank You Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Been an absolute pleasure and privilege to watch him play for the last 16 seasons. To be a Mavericks fan from the heart breaking 7 game loss in the '88 WCFs vs Showtime, to the fall of Roy Tarpley, the tease of the 3 Js, the scare of the proposed Ross Perot Jr. "Tampa Bay Mavericks" move in the 90's, to trading young Jason Kidd for 60 cents on the dollar....to be a Mavs fan since 1986 and to endure all of that, to be literally the worst sports franchise, not NBA, but all of the Big 3 American Sports in the 90s...

...to make it to that day in 1998 when the Mavs drafted Dirk and the ride began...all I can do is thank him for what he is meant to this city, to this fanbase, and to the culture of North Texas. A place where the Mavs, in a Cowboys town, currently holds the longest current sellout streak in professional sports history at over 500 straight games dating back to 2001...

Thank You Dirk.

Had no idea he was that close to 10! Go get 'em Dirk

Dirk

Respect too one of the greatest shooter ever

College superstar

This sucks because John Havlicek is one of my favorite old school players of all time while Dirk is one of my least favorite NBA All Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    This sucks because John Havlicek is one of my favorite old school players of all time while Dirk is one of my least favorite NBA All Stars.
    lol

Banned

every point he scores milbuck dies little inside

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg

Thank You Dirk.

After seeing Dallas rally around Modano recently...I just can't wait to see what we do for Dirk in the future.

I remember going to games when I first moved to Dallas in the 80's when Reunion Arena really was "roaring"...it sold me on the Mavs. And then having to deal with the pain of the 90's...it has made it all so much sweeter.

I can't believe that German kid we got would ever have reached the levels he did, but to be such a great representative of the city...and to have the work ethic and dedication to continue to play this good for so long...it's just amazing.

And he's taking a pay cut this summer to help us fans to be able to follow a better team for the next couple years hopefully.

I don't think most fans these days realize just what a joke the Mavs were from 91 through 99....before Cuban and Dirk.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

After seeing Dallas rally around Modano recently...I just can't wait to see what we do for Dirk in the future.

I remember going to games when I first moved to Dallas in the 80's when Reunion Arena really was "roaring"...it sold me on the Mavs. And then having to deal with the pain of the 90's...it has made it all so much sweeter.

I can't believe that German kid we got would ever have reached the levels he did, but to be such a great representative of the city...and to have the work ethic and dedication to continue to play this good for so long...it's just amazing.

And he's taking a pay cut this summer to help us fans to be able to follow a better team for the next couple years hopefully.

I don't think most fans these days realize just what a joke the Mavs were from 91 through 99....before Cuban and Dirk.

the mavs of the 90s could have been a good team, but egos got in the way of success. jason kidd, jamal mashburn, and prime jimmy jackson were good enough to be an 5-7th seeded play-off team, but they didn't get along along well on, nor off the court.