Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Is there any stereotype that's not true?

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Mexicans are lazy. Don't know where that one came from. On the contrary, Mexicans should be stereotyped as being hard working people.
    mexicans get stereotyped as working low end jobs but not lazy really. if anything they get stereotyped as working 2-3 jobs.

'work like a mexican' is a common phrase...which is not lazy.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 09-08-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    mexicans get stereotyped as working low end jobs but not lazy really. if anything they get stereotyped as working 2-3 jobs.
    See you can't even properly define a stereotype. Don't call someone stupid when you don't even know what you are talking about.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    A generalization is a faulty conclusion based on a number of instances. For example, you see a sample of such instances and then you conclude it for the entire population.

No matter how you cut it it is a flaw in logic.

no retard, its a generalization, ie based on a lot of some type of people or race being good/bad at something. azn's are good at math. deny it all u want but they are good at math but according to your politically correct stupid PC reality every race is equally as good at math as azn's are...

some of you live by a fairy tale world where everyone must be equal, when in reality they're not. there ARE differences but some of u are dumb as fukk for not realizing that.

NBA Superstar

See you can't even properly define a stereotype. Don't call someone stupid when you don't even know what you are talking about.

i swear you're the dumbest mf'er here tbh. your views on conspiracies in themselves are really fukking dumb. i'm usually bias for other azn's or give other azn's some credit for intelligence but i swear you're one of those that buck my benefit of doubt.

This thread is full of ignorance. I'm not even going to comment, other than to say Rambo is extremely dull and I enjoy laughing at his expense.

no retard, its a generalization, ie based on a lot of some type of people or race being good/bad at something. azn's are good at math. deny it all u want but they are good at math but according to your politically correct stupid PC reality every race is equally as good at math as azn's are...

some of you live by a fairy tale world where everyone must be equal, when in reality they're not. there ARE differences but some of u are dumb as fukk for not realizing that.
    Not all asians are good at math. You are aware when you say "asians" you are implying all asians right? That's how the premise of a generalization works. I'm dealing with logic. You are committing a fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    This thread is full of ignorance. I'm not even going to comment, other than to say Rambo is extremely dull and I enjoy laughing at his expense.
    It is a matter of perrspective; I only deal with logic and concrete truths, while most of you deal with bullsh*t generalizations, so of course, the structure of your thinking believes it is true, but logic and reality speak otherwise.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I've never even heard that one.

I never understood the black people like chicken stereotype. It's accurate, but EVERYBODY likes chicken. Why pick them out? It's like saying gingers like sandwiches. Yeah, of course. Who doesn't?
    LOL i've thought of this one too, and i agree. i love chicken, everyone i know loves chicken, even fried chicken. i LOVE watermelon too, its one of the tastiest, sweetest fruits. i know a lot of people who aren't black who like watermelon as well.

but black people get stereotyped really hard for it. altho i do agree black people love chicken and watermelon but i'd swear a lot of people do....and there is a good reason for that.

NBA Superstar

Not all asians are good at math. You are aware when you say "asians" you are implying all asians right? That's how the premise of a generalization works. I'm dealing with logic. You are committing a fallacy.

you do realize what i said about 'not all, but many'...i.e. generaliztion/stereotype?

+1

Zuki is a weirdo I don't get him sometimes.

The whole Asians being good at math theory is a prime example of a stereotype. In reality, there may be a lot of Asians who are good at math, but that does not equate to "Asians are good at math"

NBA Superstar

+1

The whole Asians being good at math theory is a prime example of a stereotype. In reality, there may be a lot of Asians who are good at math, but that does not equate to "Asians are good at math"

the stupidity of ISH

and i swear its based on very sensitive, insecure ego's...

you do realize what i said about 'not all, but many'...i.e. generaliztion/stereotype?
    There are many people good at math from all different races. Most of the greatest mathematicians aren't even asian.

+1

He's got issues. As an asian, I've seen this level of insecurity before; he can get emotionally riled up and that can be disconcerting.

the stupidity of ISH
    Exactly. You are stupid and fail to comprehend what a stereotype is, and what generalizing means.

You don't even understand the claims you are making. "Asians are good at math" Do you not understand what that statement claims? It claims all asians are good at math. You and I both know that is untrue. But you fail to understand the English language.

NBA Superstar

There are many people good at math from all different races. Most of the greatest mathematicians aren't even asian.

u can't use exceptions to prove a norm.

like i said there ARE racial differences...its stupid not to accept that. there ARE exceptions, stereotypes/generalizations are not saying EVERYONE, they're saying many, not all....

but i swear a lot of you are so sensitive, such politically correct sheep you refuse to accept some of these obvious realities of the world. but again its what makes a lot of u some dumb mf'ers because you're PC to a fault.