Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Has Dwight ever been asked bout his Christianity and having many premarital babies?

Every single Christian in the world is a hypocrite. You can't follow the bible accurately without being a criminal, and even then you'd still be breaking some rules.

Ultimately there's too many logical fallacies to even begin to take Christianity seriously at all.

Default Re: Has Dwight ever been asked bout his Christianity and having many premarital babies?

Quote Originally Posted by drizzy0503
    Every single Christian in the world is a hypocrite. You can't follow the bible accurately without being a criminal, and even then you'd still be breaking some rules.

Ultimately there's too many logical fallacies to even begin to take Christianity seriously at all.
    You don't understand the basic principles of true Christianity then.
    Don't base your understanding on GCB.

This whole Christianity thing is fake bullshit, so who cares.

Admitting in public you are christian like writing a check you can't cash.

You claim to read the bible and live the lifestyle of a Christian but you've probably committed sin in your heart more times than you will admit.

Remember that g0d see all and everyone so you can hide your true sinful nature from other humans but g0d see all.

I've met particular Christian peeps rationalizing themselves to me about their actions. Their constant gossiping and I called them out of their paradoxal behavior and they will always resort to the famous saying "only g0d can judge me."

And yet I am watching NBA ball on TV and they go on a 30 minute rant how evil sports are and I will go to hell for watching sports instead of fulfilling the perfect g0d had for me.

Talking to a Christian about his/her faith is like talking to a person who says looks and money don't matter but they would date Brad Pitt or Scarlett Johansson.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I am a christian. I am 28 years old I never had ******l sex. But I have done sinful things in my life.

Part of the problem is that some christians try to pass Christianity off as a work based faith.

Christianity is the belief that we are all sinners and that you can not save yourself by living righteously but by putting your faith in the one man who did live righteously Jesus Christ. He took the punishment for all men so whoever would believe in him would not perish but have everlasting life.

Because of what Jesus did, christians try to follow his example of righteous living. But in this world chrisitan will never be perfect they will make mistakes, but we are held to higher standard and honestly we probably should be. But that doesn't necessarily make our faith insincere.

All my friends fornicate, or did fornicate before they were married. I just met a girl who wants to have sex with me and she is super hot, I know what I should do, but its not easy. And its no guarantee that I will do it. And if I do do it, I'm wrong but that doesn't make me fake.

Again, I'm not excusing Dwight Howard for having children out of wedlock. Its wrong. And honestly I don't know how sincere Howard's faith is. But I do know its not easy trying to live a life for God.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Warners0
    I am a christian. I am 28 years old I never had ******l sex. But I have done sinful things in my life.

Part of the problem is that some christians try to pass Christianity off as a work based faith.

Christianity is the belief that we are all sinners and that you can not save yourself by living righteously but by putting your faith in the one man who did live righteously Jesus Christ. He took the punishment for all men so whoever would believe in him would not perish but have everlasting life.

Because of what Jesus did, christians try to follow his example of righteous living. But in this world chrisitan will never be perfect they will make mistakes, but we are held to higher standard and honestly we probably should be. But that doesn't necessarily make our faith insincere.

All my friends fornicate, or did fornicate before they were married. I just met a girl who wants to have sex with me and she is super hot, I know what I should do, but its not easy. And its no guarantee that I will do it. And if I do do it, I'm wrong but that doesn't make me fake.

Again, I'm not excusing Dwight Howard for having children out of wedlock. Its wrong. And honestly I don't know how sincere Howard's faith is. But I do know its not easy trying to live a life for God.
    Ahahahaha! Unbelievable. This guy comes onto the forum and openly admits he is a fully grown 28 year old human being who believes in God.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I think of Christian Quarterback that cant pass.
    As little off topic but the nfl needs a Muslim quarterback who can pass - praising Allah for every touchdown pass

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Like the rest of the world, even religious zealots tend to think with their d1ck rather than their head. and dwight is no religious zealot.

A lot of "loud" Christians are fake. Using it as some type of social stepping stool to look good/feel better than other people...can be said for any religion or non religion though

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Like the rest of the world, even religious zealots tend to think with their d1ck rather than their head. and dwight is no religious zealot.
    That is my point, why is everyone giving dwight such a hard time about being a christian. It's not like he acts like tebow, who seems to believe he is a preacher.

I think dwight identifies as a christian to appease family, much like I do. Neither of us is particularly devout. Most Christians are casual Christians and as long as they dont preach and judge others I dont think its fair to judge them.

Now if someone like Tebow or pat roberson did something like this then judge away.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

howard is like holyfield

talk one way, walk another way

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

I credit my early Christian faith for laying the foundation for my self-introspection and moral compass, but I stopped believing there was a god at the age of 18.

I don't know how any adult can continue to believe any of these religions are authentic and to be taken seriously. Maybe D12 is the same way at heart and just pays his "faith" lip service.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    I credit my early Christian faith for laying the foundation for my self-introspection and moral compass, but I stopped believing there was a god at the age of 18.

I don't know how any adult can continue to believe any of these religions are authentic and to be taken seriously. Maybe D12 is the same way at heart and just pays his "faith" lip service.
    I suspect very few people believe in Christianity literally. I mean come on virgin births, talking snakes, turning into pillars of salt, and etc. The bible is against eating shellfish lol. The bible can be used to justify or condemn just about anything what you take out of it says more about you than the book written by goat herders.

As our scientific understanding of the universe improves we will eventually see more and more of the bible disproved and will force intelligent Christians to rationalize that the bible isnt being literal. I dont think your moral compass is due to Christianity, but rather due to evolution. There is an evolutionary advantage to being social and making connections to others. People tend to avoid immoral people. There are many moral people in cultures untouched by Christianity.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I dont think your moral compass is due to Christianity, but rather due to evolution. There is an evolutionary advantage to being social and making connections to others. People tend to avoid immoral people. There are many moral people in cultures untouched by Christianity.
    True.

I guess what I meant is that X-tianity helped me by fortifying my innate morality with a sense of guilt. It acted as more of a stabilizing force that still somewhat lingers to this day.

To be honest, even though I'm no longer a theist I still feel tinges of guilt for not believing at times and subtly fear the "Wrath". I know I won't be going to hell or anything like that, but it just goes to show just how powerful the brainwashing of religion is.

Quote Originally Posted by Warners0

One of the problems with Christianity is that its a guilt based religion (with outdated set of laws) that needs a deity to be a savor. The idea that we're inherently evil (original sin) is the fallacy that cause many judgemental issues on things that don't matter: Sex before marriage isn't wrong...its in biological nature to have sex and procreate... As long as its between two consenting adults.

Dwight shouldn't need to be excused for having kids out of wedlock. The only bases for that would be if he's not living up to his responsibility as a father
    Last edited by just_NONchalant; 10-08-2012 at 02:15 PM.