Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Live 07

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease SixerFan03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKA AAP
    I've played NBA Live 06 or 05 at a friend's house, and it was horrible. Almost felt like I was playing NBA Live 96 on Super Nintendo. No way Live ever catches up to the 2K series.
    Honestly, the 2K series has fallen off a little bit. It's still better than Live, though. Live '05 wasn't terrible. It had some problems, but it wasn't terrible. Live '06 was really bad, though (as was '03, '02, and '01).

Quote Originally Posted by PureElement
    I don't understand why 2k fans are always trying to convince people that 2k is better. Live fans DON'T CARE.
    You sound like a Texan who goes against all reason to hail George W. Bush as the greatest president in the history of the US.

"Iraq War? 9/11 Conspiracy? Stem cells? Gay marriage? LIKE I CARE, because I can only see one side to an argument and I refuse to budge despite all the evidence before me that should lead me towards a logical decision"

NBA 2K simply OWNS NBA Live in every aspect. I dunno if you're blind but NBA Live has some of the crappiest graphics ever. It looks like something fresh off the N64. You simply cannot compare to the detail and effort put into NBA 2K. Gameplay is much more realistic as well...as I stated before, Carter and McGrady dunking on three guys from the free-throw line is physically impossible. Peja cannot score 80 points off 3pointers. Fcuk, I've seen SHAQ drain a few threes in an NBA Live game.

If you want arcade, fast paced, unrealistic hogwash, look no further than NBA Live. But in terms of TRUE basketball simulation, NBA 2K rules, with no competition.
    Last edited by JSub; 08-23-2006 at 12:25 AM.

I rule the local playground PureElement's Avatar

You sound like a Texan who goes against all reason to hail George W. Bush as the greatest president in the history of the US.

"Iraq War? 9/11 Conspiracy? Stem cells? Gay marriage? LIKE I CARE, because I can only see one side to an argument and I refuse to budge despite all the evidence before me that should lead me towards a logical decision"
    Doesn't sound like me at all. I hate bush for his retardedness but then againI love the Iraq war for the money its bringing to my province. (Thats a reason)

NBA 2K simply OWNS NBA Live in every aspect.

I dunno if you're blind but NBA Live has some of the crappiest graphics ever. It looks like something fresh off the N64. You simply cannot compare to the detail and effort put into NBA 2K.
    Have you played live AT ALL. I don't get this 2k propaganda at all. Do you work for them?

Gameplay is much more realistic as well...as I stated before, Carter and McGrady dunking on three guys from the free-throw line is physically impossible.
    Actuallys whats most unrealistic about live is how you can block basically everyone who tries to dunk on you (even shaq). You've obviously never played the game before.

Peja cannot score 80 points off 3pointers. Fcuk, I've seen SHAQ drain a few threes in an NBA Live game.
    I scored 50 with billups (13 were three pointers) in 2k5, and dominated the game with Kwame Brown (KWAME!!!) in 2k6. so?

If you want arcade, fast paced, unrealistic hogwash, look no further than NBA Live. But in terms of TRUE basketball simulation, NBA 2K rules, with no competition.
    You really sound like you have a personal vendetta against everything you don't agree with. Is there wonder why AAP (Hates Kobe), Applenader (Hates US Basketball) and you would come in here and disrupt a live topic? Do you have to go and hate live? Do you see me going into the 2k topic and doing the same?
    Last edited by PureElement; 08-23-2006 at 12:44 AM.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by different107
    ill play it...i hope the freestyle superstar stuff isnt as unstoppable

This is EA sports you're talking about, of course it will be unstoppable. Live is adding player tendancies this year too, something 2k is now on the 2nd generation, and really it's the 3rd since the people who made Inside Drive 04 are working on Nba 2k series, and that game was the first to have tendencies. So, knowing how unbalanced new features are in EA games, Im guessing the tendencies will be all out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    This is EA sports you're talking about, of course it will be unstoppable. Live is adding player tendancies this year too, something 2k is now on the 2nd generation, and really it's the 3rd since the people who made Inside Drive 04 are working on Nba 2k series, and that game was the first to have tendencies. So, knowing how unbalanced new features are in EA games, Im guessing the tendencies will be all out of whack.
    They are actually balancing the superstar features so only the true stars of the league (Kobe, T-Mac) etc, can use it effectively, while the one dimensional players can still use it but not even close to the same effectiveness.

My roommate in college had all the NBA Live games and I had one of the NBA 2k's, so ya, I have experienced both first-hand and logically, have come to the conclusion that NBA Live is a complete joke, in ALL aspects of what a basketball simulation should be. Keep bonking yourself on the head, because its all true .

Of course the block party in NBA Live pisses the hell out of me, but whenever you use a tremedously high ranked dunker, you can basically dunk on anyone from the free throw line. Lets not even bring up the Allstar game mode. Its just flippin' ridiculous what you are able to do there. I was down 30pnts at the half, then I put Peja into the game and I won by 3 points by scoring every single basket in the 2nd half off 3 pnters. Is this even possible?

So you're telling me that Kwame Brown should not be able to dominate any basketball video game? Is this possible as well? How do you prevent someone from using Kwame Brown in a video game to his full potential? Its not hard if you've mastered the control scheme and have good bball IQ for the video game. You cant expect the programmers to be biased and make Kwame miss every single dunk or layup to prevent him from being dominant.

Whats wrong with Billups scoring 50 points? Is this an impossibility? Granted 13 3pnters is ridiculous, but does it top the 30 3pnters I had with Peja that game? As I said before, there is no competition when it comes to realism. Stop trying to argue with me because you're clearly talking out of your ass.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by PureElement
    They are actually balancing the superstar features so only the true stars of the league (Kobe, T-Mac) etc, can use it effectively, while the one dimensional players can still use it but not even close to the same effectiveness.

I was talking about tendencies really, Live will have them for the first time this year, while 2k will be on their second version of it, and 3rd version that the developers have worked on. Tendencies, you know, the sliders that each individual player gets in 2k, that dictates what their game is? 2k7 has 16 sliders, and 20-30 tendency ratings that govern how a player plays the game, what they like to do etc.

]My roommate in college had all the NBA Live games and I had one of the NBA 2k's, so ya, I have experienced both first-hand and logically, have come to the conclusion that NBA Live is a complete joke, in ALL aspects of what a basketball simulation should be. Keep bonking yourself on the head, because its all true .
    I have come to the conclusion that you are insecure that not everyone plays your precious NBA 2k games, and that your opinion doesn't persuade anyone.

Of course the block party in NBA Live pisses the hell out of me, but whenever you use a tremedously high ranked dunker, you can basically dunk on anyone from the free throw line. Lets not even bring up the Allstar game mode. Its just flippin' ridiculous what you are able to do there. I was down 30pnts at the half, then I put Peja into the game and I won by 3 points by scoring every single basket in the 2nd half off 3 pnters. Is this even possible?
    1.) I don't remmeber Peja being an allstar last year.
    2.) No its not possible, you are clearly talking out of your ass
    3.) How the hell did you get down by 30?!

So you're telling me that Kwame Brown should not be able to dominate any basketball video game? Is this possible as well? How do you prevent someone from using Kwame Brown in a video game to his full potential? Its not hard if you've mastered the control scheme and have good bball IQ for the video game. You cant expect the programmers to be biased and make Kwame miss every single dunk or layup to prevent him from being dominant.
    I expect programmers to make Kwame Brown, Kwame Brown, not Hakeem or Wilt.

Whats wrong with Billups scoring 50 points? Is this an impossibility? Granted 13 3pnters is ridiculous, but does it top the 30 3pnters I had with Peja that game? As I said before, there is no competition when it comes to realism. Stop trying to argue with me because you're clearly talking out of your ass.
    I scored it in about a quarter the length of a real NBA game.

I love how you respond to my lengthy posts with these half-assed one-liners. Awfully convenient when you got nothing to bring to this argument.

Stick with your NBA Live. NBA 2K blows Live away in the game reviews and ratings anyways. I dont need to justify anything to you. The things you are asking for are basically impossible. Nobody is going to play an NBA video game with 12 minute quarters. You're complaining because Billups scores too fast? If everyone scored at normal rates, the final score for your average 4 minute quarter game would be 20 to 30 points.

At least I dont see Nash DUNKING the damn ball in NBA 2k. At least I dont see Shaq hitting fade-away 3pnters. My biggest pet peeve is trying to convey simple logic to idiots. Why you hanging all over my balls?

I love how you respond to my lengthy posts with these half-assed one-liners. Awfully convenient when you got nothing to bring to this argument.
    Its quality not quantities. Half of your arguements are made up and completely biased. I don't need to response to crap like "NBA 2k is simply better then Live" (Almost word for word). If the world is made up of these garbage arguements, we wouldn't have an reasonable debate at all.

Stick with your NBA Live. NBA 2K blows Live away in the game reviews and ratings anyways. I dont need to justify anything to you. The things you are asking for are basically impossible. Nobody is going to play an NBA video game with 12 minute quarters. You're complaining because Billups scores too fast? If everyone scored at normal rates, the final score for your average 4 minute quarter game would be 20 to 30 points.
    Exactly. But 2k is suppose to be godly realistic right? Is scoring 50 in that short amount of time possible? I think the most anyone has scored in a quarter was only 30. I guess Billups is an all time great.

At least I dont see Nash DUNKING the damn ball in NBA 2k.
    Considering Nash has the dunk rating of "0" it is literally impossible. But you haven't played the game so whatever.

At least I dont see Shaq hitting fade-away 3pnters.
    Again, impossible.

My biggest pet peeve is trying to convey simple logic to idiots. Why you hanging all over my balls?
    And you're an egotistic idiot who is so insecure about his interests that you have to go out of your way to bash a game. Establishing a personal vendetta against a game, thats pretty sad.
    Last edited by PureElement; 08-23-2006 at 01:21 AM.

Shut the hell up, you fool. I told you my roomate owns every copy of NBA Live since 2002. He's a maniac just like you. You're a damn dolt to think these things I've stated are impossible b/c I DID THEM IN THE GAME. Then we all laugh about how ridiculous it is. "Oh shiz, dont let Nash posterize you AGAIN!!"

2K IS godly realistic....compared to NBA Live. You know what? I dont even know what you're arguing about. All you're trying to do is discredit everything I type, and on top of that, saying I'm INSECURE about my video game-ality. Why dont you list the reasons why NBA Live is so muich better than NBA 2k?

Frankly, I dont give a sh!t what video game you play. I'm just telling you from my experience with both games why one sh!ts all over the other. You're not telling me anything new here. Quality over quantity? What quality are you bringing to the table?

Considering Nash has the dunk rating of "0" it is literally impossible. But you haven't played the game so whatever.
    Again, impossible.
    I expect programmers to make Kwame Brown, Kwame Brown, not Hakeem or Wilt.
    Doesn't sound like me at all. I hate bush for his retardedness but then againI love the Iraq war for the money its bringing to my province. (Thats a reason)
    Nice argument buddy. You're boosting the quality of this board with your QUALITY posts!!!

Exclamation

Shut the hell up, you fool. I told you my roomate owns every copy of NBA Live since 2002. He's a maniac just like you. You're a damn dolt to think these things I've stated are impossible b/c I DID THEM IN THE GAME. Then we all laugh about how ridiculous it is. "Oh shiz, dont let Nash posterize you AGAIN!!"
    Stop Lieing you FOOL. YOU CAN'T Dunk with Nash. You can try it in practice mode, it DOESN"T WORK. Unless you maybe download a dunk pack for the animations to Nash dunking its impossible!

2K IS godly realistic....compared to NBA Live. You know what? I dont even know what you're arguing about. All you're trying to do is discredit everything I type, and on top of that, saying I'm INSECURE about my video game-ality. Why dont you list the reasons why NBA Live is so muich better than NBA 2k?
    I already did in the posts above. I don't feel like copy and pasting it here. And yes you are insecure, you go out of your way to bash live when you can just ignore this entire topic.

Frankly, I dont get a sh!t what video game you play. I'm just telling you from my experience with both games why one sh!ts all over the other.
    And I'm telling you I don't give a *** about your opinion or your experience. Keep saying 2k is simply better is not an arguement at all. Its opinion that no one here cares about.

Nice argument buddy. You're boosting the quality of this board with your QUALITY posts!!!
    Comparing my post to your posts, and I quote "one sh!ts all over the other".

Cornell Basketball=#1

describe NBA Live's strengths:

You STILL didnt give me a single reason why NBA Live is better than NBA 2K, jackass!!! I've been reeling off my reasons, so I can justify my statement "NBA 2K IS SIMPLY BETTER" you fcuking numbskull. You're idiocy is pissing me off. Its a disgrace that you have my favorite player as your avatar.

I dunked with Nash, I didnt video-tape it for you, you just have to take my word for it. I also draining 3 3pnters in a game with Shaq. I didnt TiVo THAT for you either. I dont even know what you're argument about anymore. You havent given any reasons why NBA Live is so much better than the game I prefer. I played them both, a lot I might add. One is clearly better than the other!! I'm not going to repeat myself again. I already GAVE you all my reasons. Post something significant or just STFU already.

Cuba

I personally think people buy a lot of EA games out of tradition more than anything else. They are just used to the game, and dont really care if there's an actual better product. Because, from like 1997 to 2003 Live was absolutely horrible and it sold well. But then again, it might be changing as the 2k series inches closer and closer in sales to Live, and 2k6 even outsold Live 06 on Xbox 360.