Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #46
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Default Re: Which Pink Floyd album I should get next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I don't care if you've seen them 30 times, that album is a snooze-fest.
Then snooze all you want. I disagree. Of everything mentioned in this thread, I just added something else to the list. And it's a great album, I enjoy it, and I don't snooze through it. What you do while listening to music is your own business.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #47
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

I get it, your opinion is better than mine.

You danced all night listening the Division Bell, lol.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #48
BasedTom
Dream Reality

Meddle was their best work. **** that Seamus song for being on an otherwise flawless album.

Syd's Floyd was great but his contribution was probably overrated.
BasedTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:57 PM   #49
gigantes
   

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Some people like The Final Cut, but The Final Cut is to Floyd as what Slash said about the Spaghetti Incident: "That's the sound of Guns n' Roses breaking up".

There are two singles off of A Momentary Lapse of Reason; it's worth listening too. If you've got a hard on for classic Floyd sound but are sick of the classics you can listen to Gilmour's first two solo albums; both of which are good. Has a self titled from the band years and the About Face which is from after their break up. His solo album from 2006 is good too, but it's very mellow as he's getting old.
i had the final cut on vinyl and couldn't recycle that POS fast enough. i read your comment earlier that it was B-stuff from the wall sessions, and it made perfect sense. lots of pomp and little substance.

thx-- i'll check out those singles. TBH i'm bored stiff of the floyd, but just curious enough for one last sampling, perhaps.

re: meddle,
i was watching some bruce lee film one time (enter the dragon?) and was blown away that they used a track from meddle for the penultimate fight scene music. really cool and really hilarious at the same time.

random side note-- i saw some recent pictures of waters and he went from gangly-looking freak to suave-looking, silver-haired dude... sort of the most interesting man type. then i saw some recent footage of gilmour and noticed that he'd gone from 70's heartthrob to 100-yr old man. talk about some reversals.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:07 AM   #50
gigantes
   

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedTom
Meddle was their best work. **** that Seamus song for being on an otherwise flawless album.

Syd's Floyd was great but his contribution was probably overrated.
yea, i've rarely seen someone get such adulation for such a relatively minor contribution to a group. i mean, sure, barrett was a co-founder and wrote some minor psychedelic hits and stuff, but otherwise he was a huge PITA and they couldn't get rid of that asshole fast enough. almost all their best stuff dates after he left, in any case.

but i'm going to have to try and wrap my head around how someone could possibly consider meddle better than the wall, dark side, wish you were here, etc. i mean it's a fine album, but... just, wow.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:36 AM   #51
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
yea, i've rarely seen someone get such adulation for such a relatively minor contribution to a group. i mean, sure, barrett was a co-founder and wrote some minor psychedelic hits and stuff, but otherwise he was a huge PITA and they couldn't get rid of that asshole fast enough. almost all their best stuff dates after he left, in any case.

I never understood people's adulation with him either. Syd's best contribution to Pink Floyd was inspiring them to write about him.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: