Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
StrongLurk
Buzz City
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,892
Default Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Simmons was good last year, but I think his lack of shooting is a much bigger problem than people think, especially come playoff time.

In fact, Simmons was the WORST mid-range shooter in the NBA last year and never even managed to make a 3-pointer.

Like, there are PLENTY of average joes who can shoot better then Simmons.
StrongLurk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
DJMcDonald
The Hamptons
 
DJMcDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,578
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Yes he is.
DJMcDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
fourkicks44
Long Live The Process
 
fourkicks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hinkie's Apple Orchard
Posts: 4,007
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
Simmons was good last year, but I think his lack of shooting is a much bigger problem than people think, especially come playoff time.

In fact, Simmons was the WORST mid-range shooter in the NBA last year and never even managed to make a 3-pointer.

Like, there are PLENTY of average joes who can shoot better then Simmons.

Thanks for the input but no one gives a f#ck what you think
fourkicks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #4
DeRozan m8
RENT FREE
 
DeRozan m8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

How can you make 3 point shots when you don't take them?

He dragged the Sixers to the 2nd round of the playoffs...

He needs to work on his shot but plays smart and managers for now.

But hey, what else would you expect from fans these days obsessed with 3 pointers and flashy play...?
DeRozan m8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:47 PM   #5
superduper
EmGOAT
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3,059
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Can't believe EmGOAT is stuck with the biggest pretender in history as his 2nd option

TJ Mcconnell > Fraud Simmons
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 47,387
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Boston loses game 7 in first rd vs Milw and no one is typing Tatum name. Kid is good but that Sixers series really has fans overrating the f*ck out of him. 87 rating on 2k, saw someone say Tatum carried Boston in the playoffs and two days ago saw folks taking Tatum over KAT.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #7
superduper
EmGOAT
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3,059
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Boston loses game 7 in first rd vs Milw and no one is typing Tatum name. Kid is good but that Sixers series really has fans overrating the f*ck out of him. 87 rating on 2k and two days ago saw folks taking Tatum over KAT.

Tatum > KAT.
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #8
StrongLurk
Buzz City
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,892
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRozan m8
How can you make 3 point shots when you don't take them?

He dragged the Sixers to the 2nd round of the playoffs...

He needs to work on his shot but plays smart and managers for now.

But hey, what else would you expect from fans these days obsessed with 3 pointers and flashy play...?

So being able to shoot AT ALL is considered flashy?
StrongLurk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #9
DeRozan m8
RENT FREE
 
DeRozan m8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
So being able to shoot AT ALL is considered flashy?

No mate, but you're acting like he can't do anything and he doesnt make up for his flaws in other areas.

He still averaged 16ppg and was in his rookie year, and played team winning ball.

He'll get his shot going, and when he does, watch out.

I mean, the dude nearly averaged a triple double.
DeRozan m8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:16 PM   #10
DeRozan m8
RENT FREE
 
DeRozan m8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

I mean, I love Tatum but Simmons smashed him in every category statistic wise.

Mitchell had 4 extra points but Simmons smashed him everywhere else too...
DeRozan m8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:57 PM   #11
StrongLurk
Buzz City
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,892
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRozan m8
No mate, but you're acting like he can't do anything and he doesnt make up for his flaws in other areas.

He still averaged 16ppg and was in his rookie year, and played team winning ball.

He'll get his shot going, and when he does, watch out.

I mean, the dude nearly averaged a triple double.

Again, your projecting. Where did I say he can't do anything? I SAID he was good last year, just not better than Tatum or Mitchell (which showed in the playoffs).
StrongLurk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #12
fourkicks44
Long Live The Process
 
fourkicks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hinkie's Apple Orchard
Posts: 4,007
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
Again, your projecting. Where did I say he can't do anything? I SAID he was good last year, just not better than Tatum or Mitchell (which showed in the playoffs).

https://youtu.be/QPrMDTks7f4
fourkicks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #13
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 23,245
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Depends on the rest of the roster, but it's a virtual coin flip for me between Mitchell and Simmons.

Tatum isn't quite in the discussion.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #14
DeRozan m8
RENT FREE
 
DeRozan m8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
Again, your projecting. Where did I say he can't do anything? I SAID he was good last year, just not better than Tatum or Mitchell (which showed in the playoffs).

Disagree.

Was far more consistent and had more impact overall.

And yeah, I love both Tatum and Mitchell, so nothing against them.
DeRozan m8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #15
Rudeboy3
Local High School Star
 
Rudeboy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: your girls house
Posts: 1,000
Default Re: Ben Simmons is not better than Tatum or Mitchell

Donovan Mitchell is starting to get overrated. The dude is an inefficient volume scorer. Took him 18 shots to score 20 points. He plays in a great defensive system that pretty much allows him to do whatever he wants. If he was playing for the suns, no one would give af about him. Tatum is also getting overrated. I'm not a 6ers fan, i lowkey hate them but still, i'm taking Ben over those 2 guys if i'm a GM.
Rudeboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy