Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-25-2006, 06:18 AM   #76
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI>LOSANGELES
Portland
Warriors
Lakers

Knicks
Celtics
Hawks
Raptors
Sixers
Bobcats
T-Wolves

In that Order
bump
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:23 AM   #77
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Gate
  1. Portland Trailblazers
    They have a very young team and a bunch of veterans that want minutes (Randolph, Miles, Pryzbilla, LaFrentz and Magloire). Having no veteran point guard hurts, and this team will struggle, but find themselves looking good in one of the deepest bigmen drafts in recent history.
  2. Charlotte Bobcats
    They have a solid young core, but they seem to have a lot of injuries each year, and I believe Brevin Knight will be traded through the season, and I see him as being their key to stability and success.
  3. Boston Celtics
    Too many young guys, and not enough veteran leadership. Paul Pierce might be questioning his decision to stay in Boston after this season, unless the Celtics get some veteran talent like they claim they're trying to do.
  4. Atlanta Hawks
    The Hawks should improve dramatically, but they are led by a sidekick type of player in Joe Johnson and need a star to emerge from Atlanta, hopefully Marvin Williams can carry over his strong summer league play to take Harrington's role. The front court and point guard spot have had great upgrades.
  5. Golden State Warriors
    All offense, no defense, the new "clippers". Except these guys are overpaid, and under-achieving. They need a low post scoring threat that can play in a run and gun type of system. I have heard that the Warriors are having a long hard look at Zach Randolph (for Troy Murhpy). He is in shape, and should vastly improve their low post game. His "zero defensive ability" shouldn't bother Coach Nelson.
  6. Seattle Supersonics
    What have they done this offseason? All signs point to Ray Allen leaving town in the next year and a half. They added a young French defensive player, and they have probably the youngest and most inexperienced center trio ever. Chris Wilcox will need to make huge strides for this team to even sniff the playoffs.
  7. Philadelphia 76ers
    Aging Iverson and Webber. They have basically just added two swingmen this offseason, Jones and Carney. So really the same team from last year. I feel sorry for Iverson. P.S. When is Iggy going to break out? After winning MVP at the Rookie-Sophmore game it should be his time to shine, as history suggests.
  8. New York Knicks
    They should be improved, but they are still undersized in the backcourt, and lack any sort of style and roles. Is Marbury their go-to-guy? What sort of running offense can utilise Eddy "Chubby" Curry? He is after all their best low post option. I doubt he could succeed in a run and gun styled team. Their lack of defensive intensity will hurt them, and they won't be able to play Phoenix Suns style basketball (like they want to) because they lack the outside shooters, after all Steve Francis is slotted in to start at shooting guard, and Jared Jeffries at small forward.
  9. Minnesota Timberwolves
    A great lineup of guards, but still nothing at center, and KG plays mainly in the high post. I just don't see this team being able to beat the likes of the Lakers, Hornets, Jazz and Kins for that 8th spot.
  10. Toronto Raptors
    They will surpise a lot of teams. Running and gunning their way to about 40 wins. They are going to play beyond their ability in the sort of system they will go with, especially once Sam Mitchell gets fired mid season and they make their run for the playoffs. The Bucks could have this place here, because the Raptors are going to suprise some teams. They have accumulated the right pieces to have a solid team. I want to see how Garbajosa transfers to the NBA, he reminds me of Nocioni.

JJ a side kick type player? I have never seen a sidekick player avg 28/6/4 before. Maybe you think that Jordan was Pippen's sidekick?
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #78
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Default Re: Top Ten Worst Teams for the '06-'07 season

Looks like everyone was bang-on with their predictions so far
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #79
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Default Re: From worst to best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Gate
  1. Portland Trailblazers
    They have a very young team and a bunch of veterans that want minutes (Randolph, Miles, Pryzbilla, LaFrentz and Magloire). Having no veteran point guard hurts, and this team will struggle, but find themselves looking good in one of the deepest bigmen drafts in recent history.
  2. Charlotte Bobcats
    They have a solid young core, but they seem to have a lot of injuries each year, and I believe Brevin Knight will be traded through the season, and I see him as being their key to stability and success.
  3. Boston Celtics
    Too many young guys, and not enough veteran leadership. Paul Pierce might be questioning his decision to stay in Boston after this season, unless the Celtics get some veteran talent like they claim they're trying to do.
  4. Atlanta Hawks
    The Hawks should improve dramatically, but they are led by a sidekick type of player in Joe Johnson and need a star to emerge from Atlanta, hopefully Marvin Williams can carry over his strong summer league play to take Harrington's role. The front court and point guard spot have had great upgrades.
  5. Golden State Warriors
    All offense, no defense, the new "clippers". Except these guys are overpaid, and under-achieving. They need a low post scoring threat that can play in a run and gun type of system. I have heard that the Warriors are having a long hard look at Zach Randolph (for Troy Murhpy). He is in shape, and should vastly improve their low post game. His "zero defensive ability" shouldn't bother Coach Nelson.
  6. Seattle Supersonics
    What have they done this offseason? All signs point to Ray Allen leaving town in the next year and a half. They added a young French defensive player, and they have probably the youngest and most inexperienced center trio ever. Chris Wilcox will need to make huge strides for this team to even sniff the playoffs.
  7. Philadelphia 76ers
    Aging Iverson and Webber. They have basically just added two swingmen this offseason, Jones and Carney. So really the same team from last year. I feel sorry for Iverson. P.S. When is Iggy going to break out? After winning MVP at the Rookie-Sophmore game it should be his time to shine, as history suggests.
  8. New York Knicks
    They should be improved, but they are still undersized in the backcourt, and lack any sort of style and roles. Is Marbury their go-to-guy? What sort of running offense can utilise Eddy "Chubby" Curry? He is after all their best low post option. I doubt he could succeed in a run and gun styled team. Their lack of defensive intensity will hurt them, and they won't be able to play Phoenix Suns style basketball (like they want to) because they lack the outside shooters, after all Steve Francis is slotted in to start at shooting guard, and Jared Jeffries at small forward.
  9. Minnesota Timberwolves
    A great lineup of guards, but still nothing at center, and KG plays mainly in the high post. I just don't see this team being able to beat the likes of the Lakers, Hornets, Jazz and Kins for that 8th spot.
  10. Toronto Raptors
    They will surpise a lot of teams. Running and gunning their way to about 40 wins. They are going to play beyond their ability in the sort of system they will go with, especially once Sam Mitchell gets fired mid season and they make their run for the playoffs. The Bucks could have this place here, because the Raptors are going to suprise some teams. They have accumulated the right pieces to have a solid team. I want to see how Garbajosa transfers to the NBA, he reminds me of Nocioni.

Haha this poster is me, I forgot I had this account.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #80
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Default Re: Top Ten Worst Teams for the '06-'07 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
JJ a side kick type player? I have never seen a sidekick player avg 28/6/4 before. Maybe you think that Jordan was Pippen's sidekick?

I stil lstand by this. Could JJ ever lead a team to a championship? I highly doubt it, 1% chance of ever happening.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #81
Tail Gate
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Haha this poster is me, I forgot I had this account.

BS homo
Tail Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #82
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Ced stop talking to yourself online and go do it in the mirror like a sane person.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #83
Kobe24
Banned

Congrats to the people who put the Raptors . I guess they missed the addition of Rasho " playoff" Nesterovic.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #84
Tail Gate
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Ced stop talking to yourself online and go do it in the mirror like a sane person.

Tail Gate... where the hell did I get that name from?

BTW, still got 4 active accounts here other than my Kwajo and Senor Cedric accounts.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #85
Tail Gate
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Congrats to the people who put the Raptors . I guess they missed the addition of Rasho " playoff" Nesterovic.

I had them at 10 wookie
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: