Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Dwight is averaging 17ppg, 12rpg, on 56% shooting, why are laker fans dissing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    He's frustrated with teams putting him at the line whenever he gets the ball (something that leads to him averaging stuff like 17 points. When a third of your points come from free throws the opposing team courts you to take , you have to look at them from a different perspective).

In this system needs to do a better job on the offensive boards and he needs to find a way to catch the ball when he gets it. Thing about this system is that it's more balanced than Stans.

If he posts up people are going to deny him, if he gets put in the pick and roll people are going to be around him.

With Stan they just ran high pick and roll and cleared the whole side of the floor for him so that the help defense would be isolated on one side of the court. Now guards are spacing the floor evenly and their men are helping so he isn't

1. Getting as much room
    2. Making as much impact.

It's tricky and I feel bad for him because he can't really figure this out taking seven shots a game - and neither can he develop a rhythm BUT this should not be an excuse for the defensive ineptitude I've seen from him.

He can make a impact and be the best player on the team on that end of the floor, not being able to execute offensively shouldn't mean shit to him. If he does his job defensively he gets even more points in transition.
    He takes way more than 7 shots a game, it just doesn't show up on box scores because he gets hacked on most of his shots and gets freethrows.

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Dwight is averaging 17ppg, 12rpg, on 56% shooting, why are laker fans dissing him?

I think the back is really effecting him. I've never seen him play this bad in Orlando. Right now, he is clearly struggling to get the control of the ball when given in the post or in P&R situation because his movements are static and slow where he can't seem to even bend properly to grab the ball when not passed straight to him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCoward
    I think the back is really effecting him. I've never seen him play this bad in Orlando. Right now, he is clearly struggling to get the control of the ball when given in the post or in P&R situation because his movements are static and slow where he can't seem to even bend properly to grab the ball when not passed straight to him.
    Back doesnt affect your ability to keep the ball, or keep the ball up high so you don't get stripped constantly by 6'0 guards.

Back doesn't affect your ability to catch the ball when under pressure.

The SVG system really covered up all his deficiencies.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Back doesnt affect your ability to keep the ball, or keep the ball up high so you don't get stripped constantly by 6'0 guards.

Back doesn't affect your ability to catch the ball when under pressure.

The SVG system really covered up all his deficiencies.
    Also known as USING YOUR PLAYER PROPERLY

kobe ball takes him out of the offense, where he gets the little pickings of a role player

combine that with his butterfingers

So let me get this straight.... do Laker fans think Howard isn't the league's best center?

Banned

It's remarkable how so many players, which often led teams to good playoffs results, all of a sudden are considered crap by Kobe/Bron fans when they play with Kobe (or Lebron).

I usually hit open layups stickfigure87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    17ppg, 12rpg, 2apg, 2.6bpg, 56%FG, there's no other center in the league as productive and efficient as dwight howard right now, his stats is only a bit drop off from his Magic days because he's being used less. And laker fans are here disrespecting him?

serious laker fans are a bunch of no good spoiled brats, complaining about their porsche when everyone else drives ****ing hondas
    this is the problem with basketball and stats. Stats can definitely be misleading in basketball, as there are so many intangibles. Bad defense, deflections that lead to steals, extra passes, missed shots. In baseball there's an error - there isn't in basketball.

Looking at Dwight's stats make it look like he had a solid game, but if you account for the number of strips and uncounted FG's from free throws, the line wouldn't look so impressive.

Watch.the.damn.game.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

NO IMPACT on games

he's basically the garbage man collecting garbage stats. not a go to guy and bobble any bounce pass u throw his way

Banned

How difficult is it to use a very talented player like Dwight in a system which doesnt suit him? That's basically the only question which should be asked.

Has there ever been a high profile center playing well in the post in a system like D'Antoni's? Nope.

I'm a Jazz fan, and I hate to agree with Kobe fans, but I've watched every Laker game since Nash came back and Dwight's numbers really don't tell the story. He missimg a lot of point blank shots at the basket, getting the basketball stripped, trying to make post moves in incorrect situations and he's just struggling to find an offensive rhythem. Also he's getting shots in the low post, but teams are just fouling him at an extremly high rate, because no one respects his abilty to shoot freethrows. Him and Pau were 3-19 on shots within the paint last night I believe. I Think Nash himself has stated he feels Dwight at this point is much better going to the Rim where defenses have to react to him coming into the paint, as opposed to catching the ball where he's struggling to make moves and not get stripped.
    Last edited by Purch; 01-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.

OP, you watch basketball and THEN create threads. Not the other way around.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Also known as USING YOUR PLAYER PROPERLY
    No, it hurt the rest of the team. Everyone surrounding Dwight had to be a long distance shooter standing on the perimeter for it to work. It got to one NBA finals (because KG was hurt) and then Dwight got exposed in the finals against one legged Bynum+pau.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chapallaz
    How difficult is it to use a very talented player like Dwight in a system which doesnt suit him? That's basically the only question which should be asked.

Has there ever been a high profile center playing well in the post in a system like D'Antoni's? Nope.
    Boris Diaw had an amazing season when Amare went out as a center.

In theory, Pau should be able to be a better version of MIP year Boris Diaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    No, it hurt the rest of the team. Everyone surrounding Dwight had to be a long distance shooter standing on the perimeter for it to work. It got to one NBA finals (because KG was hurt) and then Dwight got exposed in the finals against one legged Bynum+pau.
    exactly.

People forget how meaningless and fluke an eastern conference finalist may be. The path is to the finals there is a walk in the park.

Astronomically speaking, in the west you need every planet to align in order to make the finals, in the east you just need a sunrise.