Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 05-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #16
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Default Re: shoe recommendations

The low 1.5s are an Asia exclusive. Haven't seen them here in the Philippines though. Just saw pictures of them online in one of the stores here.

And no big. I don't really care what brand you're into, just as long as you have that "real talk" when it comes to shoes. I am SOOO sick and tired of seeing posts like "RoboCOPPED", "Deez whack", or "These the best coz they Kobe" like on the sneaker boards right now. Well, I don't exactly know bout that, but most people here wear their shoes out in about 6-8 months. My cuz's USA Vs look REALLY messed up after months of playing in them almost everyday but he could still use them comfortably. He's been saying though he's in the hunt for a new pair of shoes. What do you mean by protection for top of the foot though?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
OnlyChanceToWin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
The low 1.5s are an Asia exclusive. Haven't seen them here in the Philippines though. Just saw pictures of them online in one of the stores here.

And no big. I don't really care what brand you're into, just as long as you have that "real talk" when it comes to shoes. I am SOOO sick and tired of seeing posts like "RoboCOPPED", "Deez whack", or "These the best coz they Kobe" like on the sneaker boards right now. Well, I don't exactly know bout that, but most people here wear their shoes out in about 6-8 months. My cuz's USA Vs look REALLY messed up after months of playing in them almost everyday but he could still use them comfortably. He's been saying though he's in the hunt for a new pair of shoes. What do you mean by protection for top of the foot though?

Ah I was hoping that wouldn't be the case for the low roses. And I do understand that bball shoes don't have a long lifespan, especially from daily play. To me it looks like the Kobe VIs would be a little less durable than the Vs or Roses, and durability is a main concern for me since I don't play on hardwood (I don't play on concrete either). By protection of the top of the foot, it looks like the Kobe VIs, especially in the toebox, lack the protection that the roses or Vs would from someone stepping on your foot. I haven't tried on the VIs but the material looks maybe more aesthetic and less functional than previous models.

BTW I have been a visitor on this forum for some time now and I noticed that this subsection gets next to no traffic!! WHY?!
OnlyChanceToWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #18
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Kobes, especially these FlyWire ones, definitely have a thin upper. The 1.5s though also have a thin upper due to the nature of Sprintskin, but it still feels plush enough. I don't know though, no one's stepped on my foot while wearing them yet. Let me tell you though, the toe box? I asked my dudes on another shoe forum what the material was, and one of them said it was a special foam made of German happiness. I think it's true. But still, if anyone's going to step on your feet, you'll definitely feel it.

Well, I guess it's just that most come here to talk basketball (or just spew random shit arguing who's the "bess"). And we get visitors here too ... From fake online shoe stores.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: