Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 12-27-2006, 03:12 AM   #1
T21
I brick open layups

Question Your opinion?

Well... Unfortunately our season looks very ugly so far and it won't be getting any better any time soon. We got off to a great start and showed everyone that we had talent and potential, but with all the injuries we never really stood a chance... Yes, this is another hard evidence that there's only a thin margin between winning and losing in the NBA. Chemistry and the momentum are so fragile, hard to find and so easy to lose...
Question is, what now? Hawks have two options, continue competing and finish 10-12 in the East tops (that brings nothing good), or continue developing young players and lose as many games as we need to in order to land 1-3 lottery protected draft picks in the strong class of 2007...
Personally, I would choose the second option. I'm not a pesimist, just a realist and I believe that if Hawks choose this path, thay could land great talent from the draft, plus use the cap space to sign veteran FA. These moves would make Hawks one of the top 3 teams in the East and a strong contender for years to come... just thinking out loud...
What do you think?
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: