Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default for those in college who do lots of "cool s hit"

So, I was browsing through some of my friends' profiles on facebook, and it cracks me up what some of these cats do. For instance, I know of people who seem to be doing all kinds of crazy traveling, such as hitting up places for Spring Break, memorial day weekend, etc. Another thing is some of these guys wear top-notch, designer clothing My question is...........how in the F UCK do they afford it? I just grad. from school and I'm broke as a joke. When I was in school, I took out lots of loans, but I hardly had anything left over after stuff was paid for. Combine that with the fact that my parents could never pay for anything, and I skimmed by. How can people afford this s hit? I mean, SERIOUSLY?? Rich parents, credit cards? I'm sure I just answered my own question, but plz explain how one can be a college student and living the "high life?"
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
different107
National High School Star

Default Re: for those in college who do lots of "cool s hit"

Tons of people are in credit card debt today. That may be part of it.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

rich parents.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #4
telephone
Banned

Simple. They are in debt.

I have to pay for all of my stuff that requires me to live while in college. Food, supplies, groceries and going out etc.

I will probably be able to go on some trips with my parents during spring break and summer but my parents arent rich. My dad travels a lot for what he does and gets a lot of miles.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
So, I was browsing through some of my friends' profiles on facebook, and it cracks me up what some of these cats do. For instance, I know of people who seem to be doing all kinds of crazy traveling, such as hitting up places for Spring Break, memorial day weekend, etc. Another thing is some of these guys wear top-notch, designer clothing My question is...........how in the F UCK do they afford it? I just grad. from school and I'm broke as a joke. When I was in school, I took out lots of loans, but I hardly had anything left over after stuff was paid for. Combine that with the fact that my parents could never pay for anything, and I skimmed by. How can people afford this s hit? I mean, SERIOUSLY?? Rich parents, credit cards? I'm sure I just answered my own question, but plz explain how one can be a college student and living the "high life?"

It's the parents. I constantly see girls and guys on campus in their Audi A8's or BMW X5's with $400 designer sunglasses and outfits. Their parents pay their tuition, rent, and give them several THOUSAND dollars a month for f*cking spending money.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
different107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
It's the parents. I constantly see girls and guys on campus in their Audi A8's or BMW X5's with $400 designer sunglasses and outfits. Their parents pay their tuition, rent, and give them several THOUSAND dollars a month for f*cking spending money.

And then they blow their education and just party all the time in most cases. It's nice to see the dedicated students.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

ask bence23.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #8
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
And then they blow their education and just party all the time in most cases. It's nice to see the dedicated students.

I am a film student at CU so naturally I idolize Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and in the recent Rolling Stone there was a small section that perfectly summarizes my experiences here:

A woman approached Matt Stone at a party in LA and said something along the lines of "My son goes to CU, but I can't get him to go to class because he is always snowboarding." Matt responded something along the lines of, "F*ck you and your son. When I was in college I couldn't afford to go snowboarding so I actually went to class."

So bad ass Matt! Of course now these guys have all the money in the world but are still grounded and humble. Hopefully my career will end up like theirs.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:43 PM   #9
different107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I am a film student at CU so naturally I idolize Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and in the recent Rolling Stone there was a small section that perfectly summarizes my experiences here:

A woman approached Matt Stone at a party in LA and said something along the lines of "My son goes to CU, but I can't get him to go to class because he is always snowboarding." Matt responded something along the lines of, "F*ck you and your son. When I was in college I couldn't afford to go snowboarding so I actually went to class."

So bad ass Matt! Of course now these guys have all the money in the world but are still grounded and humble. Hopefully my career will end up like theirs.

: Thats great
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: