Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 08-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Pistons Won't Sign 3rd PG

Quote:
It appears the Pistons won't sign a third point guard before the season opener Oct. 28 at Memphis. So, as of now, Rodney Stuckey will be the starter and Will Bynum, coming off an impressive season, will be the main backup. One reason the Pistons might feel a true third point guard isn't necessary is the signing of free-agent Ben Gordon. Detroit Free Press

It looks like Joe D and the Pistons staff are confident in Stuckey. I am too! This might mean there are times we will see BG and Rip on the court together. I'm not sure how I feel about BG running the point. That's a pretty risky move.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Default Re: Pistons Won't Sign 3rd PG

I like Stuckey and all, but I am not sold on him being the next great PG… and I really don't know BG's ball handling capability. With that, I'm not too enthused at the idea of BG handling the ball and running any type of offense. I'd feel better with Tay at the point forward role rather than BG as a ball handler. Plus, BG strength is a scorer.

I can only hope Stuckey comes to this season… at least to the level that Hunter was back in the days. Also hoping that Bynum builds on last season and is able to have a solid season as a primary back up.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
dd24
NBA lottery pick

I think Stuckey will still improve and he'll be better at running the point. He really has the potential to dominate that position. I think Chicago tried to have BG play PG a bit before last year and it didn't work out well.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #4
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
I'd feel better with Tay at the point forward role rather than BG as a ball handler. Plus, BG strength is a scorer.

and that's probably what they will do.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think Stuckey will still improve and he'll be better at running the point. He really has the potential to dominate that position. I think Chicago tried to have BG play PG a bit before last year and it didn't work out well.

Nah we never had him at point....earlier in the year....we just couldnt get it out of his hands in clutch situations...instead of letting rose set up the plays...we would run iso with Gordon

But anyways Pistons fans....get ready for bad shot selection and turnovers....and no defense..
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
But anyways Pistons fans....get ready for bad shot selection and turnovers....and no defense..

I've been preparing myself for that all summer...
Old 08-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Stuckey, Bynum, Gordon, Tayshaun, and probably RIP can all share time at the PG spot IMO. But mostly Stuckey and Bynum.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Well, I guess that rumor was a lie. They just signed a 3rd PG, although it wasn't a guaranteed contract.

Quote:
There will be a third point guard at Pistons training camp, which begins late next month. Baylor point guard Curtis Jerrells signed a non-guaranteed contract this summer, and if he plays well, he'll have a chance to be on the opening night roster. But he could be facing an uphill climb. Detroit Free Press

The team has two roster spots left, but president of basketball operations Joe Dumars likes to keep one spot open during the season for flexibility. Detroit Free Press

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz0PhcosuRT
Old 09-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Apocalyptic0n3
The End Is Near

They've also invited Chucky Atkins to training camp to tryout for the team.
Apocalyptic0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #10
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I saw that. I always liked Chucky. He's a guy who could give us some quality minutes if we needed him to. More than likely he would only average a couple of minutes per game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: