Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Thoughts On Selling The Pistons

So we all should know by now that the Pistons will be sold to a new owner. We were kind of fortunate to have an owner that was committed to winning. Hopefully when they finally sell the Pistons we will still have the same. I'm not sure if anyone has read any of the rumors but this team is definitely going to be sold and Karen Davidson has been really straight forward about that.

Quote:
As the Pistons enter a period of unprecedented flux, on the court and off, give owner Karen Davidson credit. She recognizes the enormity of the challenge and the price of competition, and she’s willing to admit the task probably isn’t right for her. No fake bravado here, no forced passion about the big business of basketball. She’s not hiding from the reality of the situation, which is why she confirmed she’d like to sell the team, the Palace and other properties founded by her late husband, Bill. As she sat courtside Wednesday night watching the Pistons grab an impressive 92-86 victory over Rasheed Wallace and the Celtics, Davidson was straightforward when asked why she wants to sell one of the NBA’s long-time successful franchises. The Pistons (15-26) are entering a difficult rebuilding period, and firm, committed ownership will be needed. “You’d always want a real engaged, enthusiastic owner, I think that’s the primary concern,” she said. Asked if that’s not her, she shrugged. “I wouldn’t want an absentee owner, I don’t think anybody would,” she said. “I love basketball, I came to every game with Bill. But I would have had a good time with Bill anyhow. It’s Bill’s baby, what can I say?” — Detroit News

I'm waiting to see the lists of potentials on this. It's too bad Michael Jordan invested so heavily in the Bobcats. That would have been kind of cool. He would at least have been completely dedicated to winning championships. There's other former NBA guys who have talked about buying a team together though. Charles Barkley was one of those names. I think there's a possibility we could see a former NBA name in the mix.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
DetroitPiston
Form a ****ing wall

Default Re: Thoughts On Selling The Pistons

Look at it this way, I'd rather have it in the hands of an owner who wants to own and fund us than someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Mrs. D is a nice person, and I'm glad that she realizes it.

It is a shame that no one else in the Davidson family wants to run it but it had to end sometime.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
goldenryan
I'm Back

Default Re: Thoughts On Selling The Pistons

i really don't care who buys the team as long as they don't relocate. seattle had their chance
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: