Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #16
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Sports gods hate lakers fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Yes I can deny it. Injuries happen to every team. You guys have 18 championships and ur complaining about some regular season injuries that are only gonna cost you seeding.

Its 14, dont over exaggerate

Its true, other teams have worse luck then the Lakers. We are just not used to it happening to us this often. But it has happen in the past.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #17
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers13
Its 14, dont over exaggerate

Its true, other teams have worse luck then the Lakers. We are just not used to it happening to us this often. But it has happen in the past.

I remember when both Magic and Scott got injured just before the Finals
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:22 AM   #18
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
wait a minute, you wern't going to win with that system anyways remember?
that's why you got shaq...
at least that's what the suns fans keep saying to justify the trade...

now which is it? excuses for a bad run of luck or excuses for d'antoni's system?
In 05-06 the SUns had a legit chance to win the championship with Dallas beating the Spurs. With Amare I think there style could have won it because they would have been matched up with Dallas and then Miami who wasnt a very good team.

I brought up Joe Johnson because it was bad luck. Never said they would have won it. I'm pretty sure they would have took it to 6 though.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:22 AM   #19
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

I did say (to god? myself? my friends? my family?) after we 3-peated during the Kobe/Shaq years that I would never again complain about not having been blessed with great luck as a Lakers fan. Not only did my two favorite players (KB and the diesel) win 3 titles, but they did it just as I became old enough to truly understand, love, and follow basketball. They did it in entertaining ways, with last minute comebacks, last second shots, emerging superstars, amazing role-players. All that came following the heart-breaking defeats year after year to the Jazz and others, a long period of mediocrity, and turbulence. It was sweeter than I could have ever imagined.

I won't get down on this recent string of bad luck. Sure it would be nice to win it all every year, but its also nice to remind yourself that you as a Laker fan have lived through more titles than most teams have in their history. God certainly does not hate the Lakers, he just wants us to enjoy the victories even more later, by going through a bit of pain now!
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #20
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stop tripping yall.

All is well....we just need to get a top four seed and that is still very very doable.

And the past history of the first seed out West just goes to show it don't matter. We just need our troops healthy and ready come playoffs. And there is still time for that. Every game here on out will be like a playoff game in the West..and Pau and Bynum should be back real soon. Same goes with Mihm...so we will have three bigs. Trust me...NOBODY will want to see us come playoff time!!!!

Last edited by crisoner : 03-18-2008 at 03:00 AM.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #21
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
I remember when both Magic and Scott got injured just before the Finals

Yeah, that one kinda stings still
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: