Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: Do you tip?

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Do you tip?

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Most restaurants will charge you at least 10% service charge, which is why people rarely bother tipping in Europe. Also, bring water! They always try to charge you for water, and if you ask for tap water, they literally sneer at you. But if it's an experienced waiter, they can tell you're American and might think you're stingy for not tipping like other American tourists :P

I've lived in UK for 3 years, been to US twice, never noticed any difference in restaurant service at all.
    I have heard the UK service is not bad...but that France was bad, and that Italy was "REALLY BAD"

I am not sure why that is...Brits take more pride in their jobs maybe

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    Why did tipping start in America? And why is it a big deal? If I ever went there I think I would tip just to avoid people shitting in my food, but I think its a ridiculous concept.
    Don't know why it started. It's a big deal because the restaurant expects you to tip your server/driver since they do not charge you for their services in the bill like in non tipping restaurants.

Stiffing someone won't automatically make them **** with your food like everyone makes it seem. Most of the time they will just have an attitude and not put much effort into providing you with any service. It's really not that big of a deal to servers since most of their customers do tip.

Treating them like shit while they have to serve you for their job is more surely to get your food ****ed with.

Banned

this one goes out to all you saps out there who tip waiters, even when they do a shitty job, act rude and get your order wrong.

Have you ever been a waiter? They have one of the easiest jobs in the world. They don't deserve extra money simply for doing their job that they are already paid to do.

Japan works just fine and Japanese are insulted if you tip them.

We should be like Japan in this case.

#stoptipping

Bump.

This is Epic.

LMAOO.

Please,

lets keep this going

If they're bad....15%

20% standard

above that depending how nice,hot, attentive they are.