Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: JR Smith injured in car crash

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Maybe his breaks failed?
    Yea, sounds like a good one.

Emergency break? Honk the horn to make vehicles aware? Wait this requires THINKING. Something JR Smith has never been good at in life.

Denver Nuggets player J.R. Smith remains in hospital
    Email this story

Printer friendly format
    June 11, 2007, 12:55 PM EDT

NEPTUNE, N.J. -- Denver Nuggets guard J.R. Smith remained hospitalized Monday, two days after he was ejected from his sport utility vehicle during a crash, officials said.

Smith, 21, hurt his left shoulder and got numerous scratches and bruises when the SUV he was driving went through a stop sign and overturned after colliding with a car at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday in Millstone Township, said state police spokesman Sgt. Stephen Jones.

He was recovering Monday at Jersey Shore University Medical Center.

Smith's passenger, Andre Bell, remained in critical condition Monday, hospital spokesman John Shaffer said.

Nuggets spokesman Eric Sebastian said he did not know when Smith might be released.

"I think it's too early to say," Sebastian said. "From everything we hear, he's going to be OK."

Sebastian said he did not know if Smith would miss any training, but added, "We didn't hear anything that would indicate his career would be jeopardized in any way."

Bell, 21, of East Orange, suffered a severe head injury and is in a coma, Jones said. Neither Smith nor Bell was wearing seat belts and both were ejected from the SUV, he said.

Smith has been issued two traffic tickets for failure to stop at stop sign and improper passing, Jones said. Both carry fines, though the amount was not immediately available.

The two people in the car had only minor injuries.

Smith had been a star at Lakewood High School and St. Benedict's Prep in Newark before being the 18th overall pick of New Orleans in the 2004 NBA draft. He averaged 13.0 points in 63 games for Denver this past season.

High School Varsity 6th Man GoldNugg21's Avatar

Alot of people here are very immature. The kid did something stupid- really stupid. No one is denying that. But the "serves him right" attitude is disgusting. If this was, say, your cousin, I doubt you'd have the same attitude. I just hope his passenger is OK, and I hope he learns from this and becomes a better person because of it.

Default Re: JR Smith seriously injured in car crash

Quote Originally Posted by bomber
    Of course they didn't deserve it. Don't try to portray the image I'm only concerned about Smith.

They deserved it less than him, he was at fault for a driving accident.

It's not like he did it on purpose because he's a punk, he's immature and made a driving mistake, a huge one.

Don't try that on me Gobb, it won't work.
    Here you go kid...yeah a driving mistake. Dont ever talk back to me.

[I]Smith's driving record

According to New Jersey state records, J.R. Smith amassed 27 points and five suspensions of his license in less than a year. Mike Horan, a spokesman for the N.J.Motor Vehicle Commission, outlined the following history: