Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by hayden695
    Have you done the Black Star quest yet? Or the one in Markarth for the abandoned house?

Both are very fun and have great rewards. though the black star quest is pretty difficult, and im not sure if they are levelled or what.

I haven't done either of those. I just made it to Markarth last night. My initial route was to run west along the northern border, and then head back along the river. I made it out to the mountain range that blocks off Markarth, and started rounding back toward Whiterun. Then I began heading back east and north along the river to Windhelm. Then almost dew north to Riften. I've done a handfull of side quests in each town. Trying mainly to stay close. That's why I've been bouncing back and fourth, because I look for quests close to those three cities and go from there.

I wound up in Markarth after blacking out during a drinking contest in Windhelm. I didn't do too much there because I'm getting overwhelmed with tasks, and I don't seem to have the requisite funds to make due in some of the cities yet.

I've done a lot of smithing, in part because it had been hard to lug around so much stuff, so that trimmed weight, same with conjuring, and enchanting, specifically disenchanting, because it eliminated weight, so I have a ton of enchantments available to me at the moment.

Oh yes the hangover quest, definitely do that one, one of the more funner quests

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Oh yes the hangover quest, definitely do that one, one of the more funner quests
    Agree. Quests like that Hangover quest you mentioned and the Sheograth dream quest really show the creative approaches developers can take when designing quests.

Level 40 with full Daedric Armor upgraded to legendary (100 smithing).

Shit can't touch me.

Im guessing i have to choose on or the other storm cloaks or imperials right? Which one should i choose?

Im level 34 now and in the main quest i just retrieved the greybeards item and that chick wants me to meet her to kill some dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Im guessing i have to choose on or the other storm cloaks or imperials right? Which one should i choose?

Im level 34 now and in the main quest i just retrieved the greybeards item and that chick wants me to meet her to kill some dragon.

I can sort of sense that coming too. So far, and again, I'm almost nowhere in the main story, but the imperials seem like complete douchebags.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

So Thorpe......you don't mind 1st person melee combat? I though if anything you'd go for 3rd person like Dark Souls.

I'm level 17.. just starting to get into it but been really busy with work. I keep getting mercked by some frost dragon repeatedly. I don't want to run away from the battle but the thing has devoured me over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    So Thorpe......you don't mind 1st person melee combat? I though if anything you'd go for 3rd person like Dark Souls.

I griped about it earlier, and then someone told me how you could change it to third person, which has really made the whole experience for me. If I was still in first person, I would've stopped playing it a while ago.

I finally made it up to the temple of Azur last night, and I'm free to start into the Dark Star missions. I'm at level 21 and still haven't seen a dragon (aside from the opening sequence). I stumbled up to Winterhold, just so I could access it as a fast travel, then immediately ran away before I got saddled with even more oddball missions. I did finish off a couple last night. Mostly fetch and get type stuff. Brought some chick some ice wraith teeth, and another chick an amulet she had lost, and then one of the cat guys a lunar necklace he had stolen from him. That guy was all over the place. Very hard to find. Every time I'd show him on the map, he was in a different spot. And by the time I fast travelled somewhere, he'd be halfway across the world going the other way. I finally got close enough to him to chase him down last night.

In both games I'm playing ( I have a Lvl40 2H Warrior and a Lvl25 Destruction Mage) I have never been able to complete the "Find the Redguard Woman" quest, where the hell is this bitch?

It's the only side quest I haven't finished before starting on the main quest, I need to get it done, any help would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    In both games I'm playing ( I have a Lvl40 2H Warrior and a Lvl25 Destruction Mage) I have never been able to complete the "Find the Redguard Woman" quest, where the hell is this bitch?

It's the only side quest I haven't finished before starting on the main quest, I need to get it done, any help would be good.
    Shes the cook in whiterun.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Shes the cook in whiterun.
    The cook? In the Tavern?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    The cook? In the Tavern?
    I dont know if its the tavern but i guess so.It is in white run though.

She works in the Bannered Mair, the inn in Whiterun.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I'll first point out I've enjoyed Skyrim. I'm not at all saying it's a bad game, but I am saying it's overrated and I feel as though people are giving Bethesda a sign that says "this is flawless keep it this way forever". This should not be the case.

There's something about this game that is simply off. I've talked about it with a friend before who really enjoys the game and he agrees.

Now Skyrim is a good game that has it's obvious flaws. Ones that I often point out is the foolishness of dungeons and repetitiveness(run in, kill dragur, grab something or kill a major boss, word wall, secret exit). Another is the lack of character growth. I'm the leader of a guild, helped lead a rebellion, and I'm just as respected as if all I had done with my character is run around naked collecting wolf pelts. Oh, and I'm the dragonborn. There's others as well but those are two key points.

Something I was just thinking about was how your character seems "forced". This game is supposed to be an open world game where I choose my own adventure and be what I want to be. Yet, I feel forced on the "chaotic" spectrum of character alignment. Stormcloaks and Imperials both have problems. While at first you just think "Stormcloaks rebels against a government they don't like" you soon find out that both sides are pretty ****ed up.

If I wanted to make a stereotypical warrior type character who fights with a sword and shield with his armor and is no doubt totally good, I'd have issues. There's no real guild I can align myself with as they are all evil or don't fit the role of a warrior, and both the Imperials and Stormcloaks are(as I mentioned before) flawed.

In the main storyline if you aren't paying sufficient attention at one point you almost get forced into the Thieves Guild. I found myself doing the recruit quest where you go and talk to the people thinking it was part of the main storyline. Now this is semi my fault for not paying full attention, but I didn't want my warrior character have anything to do with these evil thievey people(who suck in this game and were cooler in Oblivion).

I feel as I could go on more but I'll stop as I don't want to seem like too much of a complainer. This game is months old now and I feel more comfortable doling out criticisms.

Anybody have any ideas/opinions in regards to above?