now check out this rotation

AC/Atkins
    AI/JR/Weems
    Melo/Balkman
    More/Landry/Birdman
    Miller/Nene/Hunter

THIS LOOKS LIKE A PLAYOFF TEAM TO ME

pce gussied
    Works for us if we're pushing for the playoffs. But if we're rebuilding we should keep Kleiza. Brad's a decent big man with a lotta experience while Moore can provide some help off the bench. Kleiza's absence would hurt us though. JR Smith is the only other decent long range shooter we have.

In Billups We Trust Mile High Crew's Avatar

Default Re: Official Thread: Off-Season Trades, Rumors, News, Thoughts

All that trade stuff people has been processing with ESPN is fine with, but we need to realize from the facts of what is going to happen in real life and what we want to happen.

I think if we are going to make a trade with a team has to be for a Point Guard. All that center and power forward stuff is fine, but we can't win games without a consistent and solid pg.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
    All that trade stuff people has been processing with ESPN is fine with, but we need to realize from the facts of what is going to happen in real life and what we want to happen.

I think if we are going to make a trade with a team has to be for a Point Guard. All that center and power forward stuff is fine, but we can't win games without a consistent and solid pg.

I feel y'all on that. I think the Nuggets should go after Raymond Felton of the Bobcats. I like his game and I think he would be a good fit with the Nuggets cause Chucky Atkins and Anthony Carter ain't gone cut it and its time to get some young blood in their.

The Nuggets haven't had a player from a Denver area high school on the roster since trading Chauncey Billups in February 2000.

Nick Fazekas would like to change that.

Fazekas, a 2003 Ralston Valley High School graduate, said Tuesday he will sign a nonguaranteed contract with the Nuggets before the start of next week's training camp. The 6-foot-11 forward said he had "lots" of camp offers but believes he can make the Nuggets, who recently lost big men Marcus Camby and Eduardo Najera.

"I'm confident I can," said Fazekas, who will sign for the $711,517 minimum after averaging 4.1 points in 26 games last season as a rookie with Dallas and the Clippers. "I don't want it to sound like I'm talking with an ego, but I feel I'm good enough to play in the NBA."

If Fazekas, who worked out at the Pepsi Center on Tuesday for a second straight day after having recent workouts with Cleveland, Dallas, Oklahoma City and San Antonio, doesn't bring local flavor to the Nuggets, forward Michael Ruffin could. Ruffin, who also has been working out at the Pepsi Center, expects to attend training camp with Denver or Chicago.

"I'll know in the next few days," said Ruffin, a 1995 Cherry Creek High School graduate who played last season with Milwaukee and has a 1.8 average in eight NBA seasons. "I'll talk to my agent (Andy Miller) and talk to (Denver) coaches and try to get an idea about them keeping a 14th player."

The cost-cutting Nuggets might begin the season with the minimum of 13 players. But word now is a 14th could be kept, especially if a young prospect such as Fazekas shows promise.

While Fazekas said it would be "unique" playing for his hometown team, he'll get paid this season regardless. Dallas, which waived him in February after signing him to a two-year guaranteed deal, owes him $711,517.

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    The Nuggets haven't had a player from a Denver area high school on the roster since trading Chauncey Billups in February 2000.

Nick Fazekas would like to change that.

Fazekas, a 2003 Ralston Valley High School graduate, said Tuesday he will sign a nonguaranteed contract with the Nuggets before the start of next week's training camp. The 6-foot-11 forward said he had "lots" of camp offers but believes he can make the Nuggets, who recently lost big men Marcus Camby and Eduardo Najera.

"I'm confident I can," said Fazekas, who will sign for the $711,517 minimum after averaging 4.1 points in 26 games last season as a rookie with Dallas and the Clippers. "I don't want it to sound like I'm talking with an ego, but I feel I'm good enough to play in the NBA."

If Fazekas, who worked out at the Pepsi Center on Tuesday for a second straight day after having recent workouts with Cleveland, Dallas, Oklahoma City and San Antonio, doesn't bring local flavor to the Nuggets, forward Michael Ruffin could. Ruffin, who also has been working out at the Pepsi Center, expects to attend training camp with Denver or Chicago.

"I'll know in the next few days," said Ruffin, a 1995 Cherry Creek High School graduate who played last season with Milwaukee and has a 1.8 average in eight NBA seasons. "I'll talk to my agent (Andy Miller) and talk to (Denver) coaches and try to get an idea about them keeping a 14th player."

The cost-cutting Nuggets might begin the season with the minimum of 13 players. But word now is a 14th could be kept, especially if a young prospect such as Fazekas shows promise.

While Fazekas said it would be "unique" playing for his hometown team, he'll get paid this season regardless. Dallas, which waived him in February after signing him to a two-year guaranteed deal, owes him $711,517.
    Wanna cite this?

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

It's from Rocky Mountain News. He puts up pretty good numbers for the amount of time he plays so that's a good sign, but I still maintain the idea that we need starters, not deep reserves, regardless of the financial situation.

Cleaves' signing with Nuggets imminent
    By Chris Tomasson, Rocky Mountain News (Contact
    )

With Chucky Atkins injured, point guard Mateen Cleaves will get another chance to return to the NBA.

Danny Servick, the agent for Cleaves, confirmed Friday his client will sign with the Nuggets before training camp, which begins Tuesday. Cleaves, a six-year veteran, last played in the NBA in 2005-06.

Cleaves, scheduled to arrive in Denver on Friday afternoon, will sign a one-year nonguaranteed minimum contract. While Servick said Cleaves had been invited to Denver

Seriously what is with denver and signing older, backup/3rd string PG's...

I wonder how his defense is, at least he's got the size to match up with other PG's...

The trade didn't happen.

Decent college freshman

Nene's work thrills Karl

It was an early August evening at The Capital Grille, and George Karl was simmering like a filet mignon.

The Nuggets coach had a clear understanding that in the upcoming season, Nene's role would be paramount. He wondered if Nene understood this too.

During dinner, Karl and Nene had "a direct conversation with a little anger," said the coach, who let his starting center know he needed to start centering his days on basketball preparation.

"Since that day, I think he averaged four to five days in the gym, which he had never done for us," Karl said.

And in the first week of preseason camp, well, "he's been tremendous," Karl said.

There have been glimpses of greatness, said the coach, and many have come during Denver's scrimmages, in which Nene has dominated the low post, occasionally showing off his off-hand finishes at the rim, a nifty weapon for a big man.

Nene, of course, missed the majority of last season while recovering from testicular cancer, as well as suffering numerous other injuries. With center Marcus Camby traded to the Clippers, Nene has been anointed the starting center, while Denver fans have their fingers crossed that the injury-prone player will be prone only to double- doubles.

Karl said he expects Nene to go from seemingly "overpaid" to "underpaid," but it will be a process that spills into the season.

"When you miss a whole season, there are little steps to regain confidence, condition and involvement with the team," Karl said. He added: "I would say the two guys if we lose, we couldn't replace, would be Nene and Carmelo (Anthony)."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10640046

Nene

Decent college freshman

Nine of the league's 30 teams exceed the Luxury Tax:

They include the Cleveland Cavaliers, with an $89.6 million payroll, Dallas Mavericks ($85.7 million), Los Angeles Lakers ($83.1 million), Portland Trail Blazers ($81.5 million), Boston Celtics ($81.3 million), Denver Nuggets ($74.6 million), Phoenix Suns ($74.4 million) and Houston Rockets ($74.2 million).
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/inde...650.xml&coll=1

We rank 6th. We gotta be challenging for the title

And good to see the team working on defense big time!

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10639788

Decent college freshman

10) Denver Nuggets

By all reports, the Marcus Camby trade didn't go down too well. There were rumours a few weeks ago about a possible 'Melo trade, now there are rumours that Allen Iverson could be traded. This team was not good defensively, but they practically gave away their best defensive player in Camby.

Denver needs to work out what they are going to do next, because they need to make some changes.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...power-rankings

Another crap prediction on us for a laugh..

I like being underrated this year.

Not airballing my layups anymore RobboUK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    I like being underrated this year.
    Exactly, i think people are worrying too much anyway. who knows whats in store for us...