Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #586
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Playoffs Round 1: #3 Spurs vs #6 Mavericks

why all the angst. When Manu went down we all knew the Spurs were not going anywhere in the playoffs. They played tough, Tim and Tony have done well but you need a third scorer. I do not expect the Mavs to advance much farther either but they could surprise me. Anyway good luck to all the the teams in the playoffs. If there is any team besides Lakers and Cavs in the finals I will be shocked.

Last edited by icemanfan : 04-27-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #587
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
why all the angst. When Manu went down we all knew the Spurs were not going anywhere in the playoffs. They played tough, Tim and Tony have done well but you need a third scorer. I do not expect the Mavs to advance much farther either but they could surprise me. Anyway good luck to all the the teams in the playoffs. If there is any team besides Lakers and Cavs in the finals I will be shocked.

LOL Love that one Ice!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #588
#1SportsFan86
Mavs All Day

#1SportsFan86 has decent reputation

Old 04-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #589
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

It's funny to hear people say Duncan can't carry his team like he used to.

News flash - this has been Parkers team this postseason - watching them play everything starts with him on the offensive side of the ball for the most part - they don't play through Tim enough to warrent it truly being his team.

Which is not surprising - Dallas has more trouble guarding pick and roll basketball than Tim Duncan on the blocks, but I've always said the most important aspect of a dominant big man is they slow the game down for everyone else. Not so much energy being put out to get a shot off - which effects the defensive intensity/energy you play with.

You also have to realize that the supporting cast for Tim & Parker is a few levels below the other legit playoff teams. They literally have nobody else on the roster that creates their own shot.

I've always said you can't judge a supertsar for not winning titles if he doesn't have a supporting cast thats close to the compeition your playing.

I don't blame Garnett for all the losing in Minnesota - he didn't have supporting casts around him to win. However, looking at the Lakers this past year with Kobe - they did have the talent but still failed. Two different things. If Kobe doesn't win a ring this year there has to be some serious doubts that he can lead a championship team as the main guy.

Anyways, you gotta have comparable supporting casts to the best teams in the league. It's rare a superstar can lead his team to a playoff series victory if they have a D+ supporting cast compared to the other team who has a A- supporting cast.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread