Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-16-2018, 02:15 PM   #61
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Re: Is Dak a franchise QB?

#1 - Allen Hurns (Jax wouldnt keep him as a #2)
#2 - Michael Gallup (3rd round rookie)
Slot - Beasley/Austin (this is Daks best weapon, which is sad)
TE - Swaim (even Dallas fans saying "who?")

I mean come on, what QB has it worse than this?

I just have to assume the FO thoughts are "fck the offense, lets go all out on D"
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:10 PM   #62
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
He was a great passer with Dez. He was top5 in yards per pass. IIRC he was #1 overall in fantasy MEANING he put up big numbers, both in air and on his feet.

He has a strong arm, can get it down field with accuracy.

This year his numbers will lack big time...but its not HIM. He didnt change, the people around him changed.

From what I remember Dez was much better when Romo was out there.

We get it, Dak has shit weapons at the moment, but Dak was never a guy who would kill you with his arm to begin with, he is still young and has time to develop so we will see how his career pans out.

Don't blindly crown a young QB after just one good season, I'm learning the hard way with Carr.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:58 PM   #63
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
From what I remember Dez was much better when Romo was out there.

We get it, Dak has shit weapons at the moment, but Dak was never a guy who would kill you with his arm to begin with, he is still young and has time to develop so we will see how his career pans out.

Don't blindly crown a young QB after just one good season, I'm learning the hard way with Carr.
I'm just crowning him as "good"..."above average"...etc

I have said repeatedly in here he isn't Rodgers/Brady/etc...likely never will be

Carr is a great example of a "good" QB being brought down by the team around him. He's still Carr.

QBs get way too much cred in this league...and all the other players get way too little. The guys around the QB MATTER...A LOT. It's always been this way with fans, and always will be...if a back up QB winning a SB doesn't clue people in, nothing will.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:42 AM   #64
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

You guys are ****ed.

QB is a dependant position. You need guys to get open via skill or play calling. Dallas has neither consistently.

Like prime said he's not crowning him anything other than a good QB. What's the big deal?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #65
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Who you calling ****ed

He's talking out of both sides of his mouth. One post saying Dak is just good In another post saying Dak is accurate with the ball downfield. Where's the evidence of this at any point of his career? All of Dak's int's are on the receivers. Give me a break. He's still throwing wildly on the move, off his back foot and takes too many sacks he shouldn't. That's not being a hater. That's being realistic. He's limited as a passer.

We're talking about him in 2018. He's got one more year on his rookie deal after this. Would I want > 15% of my cap tied up in him on a long term deal? No. That's a big investment for a player who hasn't shown me much as a passer besides his quick reads on the slant to beasley.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:14 PM   #66
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Dak is "good" and accurate and I know for fact at least 3 of his ints were deflected off his receiver. Cant remember the 4th.

Earl Thomas had 2 picks off Dak this year...both bounced to him luckily.

PFF does "adjusted INTs" which remove all INTs that arent on the QB...I absolutely guarantee they remove at least 3.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #67
Charlie Sheen

https://streamable.com/b1oha

You're right... the bounce was lucky. What about the poor placement that allowed wagner to get in there and break it up? Dak has a share in that INT. It's not pure luck and coincidence it happened.

Does PFF count the "should have been picked" throws too? Dak had two of those from the Texans game.

Right now, Dak is the definition of average. He isn't going to rescue a tired defense. Look at the Texans game. He won't light it up for 300 yards when zeke can't get it going. That's not all on the receivers. Dak was stacking up games under 200 yards passing when he had Witten and Dez.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:25 AM   #68
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
https://streamable.com/b1oha

You're right... the bounce was lucky. What about the poor placement that allowed wagner to get in there and break it up? Dak has a share in that INT. It's not pure luck and coincidence it happened.

Does PFF count the "should have been picked" throws too? Dak had two of those from the Texans game.

Right now, Dak is the definition of average. He isn't going to rescue a tired defense. Look at the Texans game. He won't light it up for 300 yards when zeke can't get it going. That's not all on the receivers. Dak was stacking up games under 200 yards passing when he had Witten and Dez.
So we are just arguing between "good" and "average"...okay I guess him going off on the #1 defense in the NFL with just Cole Beasley was enough for you to stray away from "bad"

When Deak had Dez/Wit he put up good numbers...as a rookie even. He was ROY and a ProBowler. It is hard for a "bad" player to accomplish that and if you think that's the case then you must think Dez is a God.

In 2016 he averaged 7.99 YPA...which ranked 4th in the NFL...that means he was throwing it deep down field...A LOT. And he was with accuracy...he ranked 4th in comp% as well. He was hitting his targets.

This year the difference isn't him...it's his cast...he has none. If Dallas just had an average cast of receivers I wouldn't even be arguing here. But this the absolute worst. In fact, I legit feel this might be one of the worst WR/TE cores in HISTORY. Not even exagerating here either. We just flat out don't even have a #1 WR. We really don't even have a legit #2. We have NOTHIG at TE worth a shit. The ONLY thing that might be satifactory is the slot guy Cole Beasley, and that's it.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #69
Charlie Sheen

When did I even say bad?
I said Dak isn't good enough... yet... to make plays with his arm to help his tired defense or take some pressure off the ground game. When you start talking about getting paid like a franchise QB not on a rookie deal, that is kind of important.

The receivers aren't good. I have a question for you. Is this Dallas team any better if you take away from the defense or the offensive line to get Dak better receivers? Do you want him shouldering more of the load to win games?
Old 10-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #70
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

We dont need to take away from anything, we have cap room to keep Dez. Jerry fcked up releasing him.

With Dez and Witten our core was "average"...we still had no deep threat to open things up. We still needed help in that department, most agreed.

Without Dez qnd Wit its absolutely abysmal. I would trade our core with any other team in the NFL.

Its bafflung that anyone in our FO thought Hurns would be an ungrade to Dez...even a run down shitty Dez who drops everything is 10x better. A novice fantasy football player knows this.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #71
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Dallas must have a terrible GM...
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #72
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Dallas must have a terrible GM...
He makes some good moves...and he makes some bad moves

Drafting Dez was good...releasing him after one down year was bad

Wish he would suck up his pride, admitt having no #1 was a bad idea, and call Dez
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: