Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #46
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: lakers turned down Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
I doubt Beasley's gonna make a difference anyways...
Point Guard is still Priority. Matt Barnes has been pretty decent this season, and Artest/World Peace was a pleasant surprise last game.

Getting Beasley wouldn't stop us from getting a PG.....why not improve the spot? Surely you don't think Barnes is better than Beasley.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #47
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

If MWP/Barnes can play CONSISTENTLY like yesterday, then we dont need Beasley. But if turning Walton into Beasley would only take 1st rd pick, then do this trade.

Im wondering if Dwight is ever going to come to LA now.
Just seriously worried about Bynum. He has never been this healthy in his career.... Hope this is not like a time bomb waiting to explode.
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #48
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Beasley may be a better individual player than Barnes, but I don't think he might be the best fit. I'm just afraid he'll come in a disrupt Chemistry. Same reason I wouldn't want Gilbert Arenas. If Michael Beasley could really help a team, then the Heat wouldn't have just given him away for almost nothing.

If the Lakers are able to pull off a Dwight deal, hopefully they can get Nelson alongside as well. I standby what I said before, we don't need Dwight that bad. Man, that vetoed CP3 trade really F***ed us over.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #49
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

I say if we could get Beasley then do it. Come on Mitch. I don't trust Ron or Matt as a starter.....
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #50
DKLaker

Quote:
Beasley may be a better individual player than Barnes, but I don't think he might be the best fit. I'm just afraid he'll come in a disrupt Chemistry. Same reason I wouldn't want Gilbert Arenas. If Michael Beasley could really help a team, then the Heat wouldn't have just given him away for almost nothing.

If the Lakers are able to pull off a Dwight deal, hopefully they can get Nelson alongside as well. I standby what I said before, we don't need Dwight that bad. Man, that vetoed CP3 trade really F***ed us over.

In case you don't remember, the Heat had to get rid of everyone in order to clear cap space to sign the big 3, it had absolutely nothing to do with Beasley's ability........come on Bro......it wasn't THAT long ago
Old 03-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #51
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
In case you don't remember, the Heat had to get rid of everyone in order to clear cap space to sign the big 3, it had absolutely nothing to do with Beasley's ability........come on Bro......it wasn't THAT long ago

Exactly!
The problem is thats what the lakers are doing right now. They got rid of Odom because the contract. As fans we selfishly want to get every single top player out on the market. As owners they have to make tough decisions. They want Beasley, and Chris Paul, and Lebron, and all those guys just as we do. They know the financial situation and CBA much better than we do.

Thank God for our big three, because we have a very diverse big three.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #52
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Exactly!
The problem is thats what the lakers are doing right now. They got rid of Odom because the contract. As fans we selfishly want to get every single top player out on the market. As owners they have to make tough decisions. They want Beasley, and Chris Paul, and Lebron, and all those guys just as we do. They know the financial situation and CBA much better than we do.

I think a contract has to go back for beas or sessions

if we are not getting Howard we should do walton/1st for Beas & Ebanks/Mcrib for sessions
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #53
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Just tuned in, wow it's closer than I thought
Old 03-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #54
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Exactly!
As fans we selfishly want to get every single top player out on the market. As owners they have to make tough decisions. They want Beasley, and Chris Paul, and Lebron, and all those guys just as we do. They know the financial situation and CBA much better than we do.

Right! I am greedy. I want 5 solid starters. If the Lakers upgraded SF and PG they would be the favorites in the West. It wouldn't even take superstars. With a guy like Beasley and a solid PG I think they would have enough to make another solid run at winning some championships. It would be a great story line if the Lakers played the Heat and had Beasley on the team too
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #55
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Right! I am greedy. I want 5 solid starters. If the Lakers upgraded SF and PG they would be the favorites in the West. It wouldn't even take superstars. With a guy like Beasley and a solid PG I think they would have enough to make another solid run at winning some championships. It would be a great story line if the Lakers played the Heat and had Beasley on the team too
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #56
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

I think us Laker Fans are just sick of watching Fish out there every night, and are desperate for just about anything. Don't worry about not having Beasley.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #57
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I think us Laker Fans are just sick of watching Fish out there every night, and are desperate for just about anything. Don't worry about not having Beasley.

This can all be mellowed out with a simple switch in the starting lineup. I don't see why Blake isn't starting. He should be playing with the big boys.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #58
DKLaker

Quote:

Oh damn.......Derek Fisher is starting?? I thought it was Clipper Darrell
Old 03-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #59
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Quote:
This can all be mellowed out with a simple switch in the starting lineup. I don't see why Blake isn't starting. He should be playing with the big boys.
At least Blake looks better than last season. But they need some kind of leader for the 2nd unit. With Blake starting, our second unit would be a mess. Well it already is actually....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: