Thread: PC gaming

Default PC gaming

Who here is into pc gaming?

I have a budget of $1,000 to $1,500.

I'm basing my production on websites like ibuypower

Some questions. How often do I need to upgrade the parts to keep it all max or ultra settings? Do I need the cd to boot the games or can I launch it without the cd? I don't want mouse and pad, I'm aware of the Microsoft Xbox controller for it, do I have to button map the controller every time I want to use it? What operating system would you suggest using on the computer? When building the gaming rig on websites like ibp is there an option to have then put it together because I don't know how to.

Any pc gamers here? Put some food for thought.

Default Re: PC gaming

most games these days aren't pushing for max graphics and stuff like and honestly you can keep a computer for at least 2 - 4 years without upgrading and still play on max, though your fps will drop obviously till you would need to upgrade.

well if you are planning to play some ancient games that requires the CD to play which I'm not sure which game still requires that no, but with newer games probably will need to login into some sort of online program i.e. steam, origin etc..

I don't really know the controllers but once you map it in a game you don't have to do it again but for separate games I assume you'll have to do it again. But whats the point of having a controller whilst playing on the PC... There's not that much difference between mouse and keyboard than controller for most games. I play 2k on my keyboard and i dominate on hall of fame by over 50 points everytime just fine. But each to their own.

I don't know about the website you are purchasing from but if there isn't an option that allows you to pay extra to have it assembled and shipped maybe you should look for local computer shops and what not, or ask friends who are capable and pay them to do it cause thats what i did.

My biggest issue is mouse and pad.. I just can't seem to be interested in it at all.. That's the only thing holding me back honestly..

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    My biggest issue is mouse and pad.. I just can't seem to be interested in it at all.. That's the only thing holding me back honestly..
    what games are you looking to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Who here is into pc gaming?

I have a budget of $1,000 to $1,500.

I'm basing my production on websites like ibuypower

Some questions. How often do I need to upgrade the parts to keep it all max or ultra settings? Do I need the cd to boot the games or can I launch it without the cd? I don't want mouse and pad, I'm aware of the Microsoft Xbox controller for it, do I have to button map the controller every time I want to use it? What operating system would you suggest using on the computer? When building the gaming rig on websites like ibp is there an option to have then put it together because I don't know how to.

Any pc gamers here? Put some food for thought.
    1. Depends on the games. If you're trying to max out Battlefield every fall or Crysis you'll have to update your graphics card every 1-2 years. Most other games you can keep your mobo, cpu, and memory for 4-6 years while upgrading your graphics card every 2-3 (150-300 dollars). You can usually keep a game that blows anything on the current console out of the water while maintaining high FPS by just altering some settings that are hardly noticeable if your machine is 1-2 years old.

2. You don't need CD's to launch games anymore and most of the time you purchase them digitally unless you're really into special editions and collectibles.

3. Depending on what you're into, a controller will be OK, and they're usually flexible with the mapping. That being said if you're in to being decent in online play you will be getting smoked on a XBox controller. The top 50% or so of gamers will have some combination of, or all of, controllers like Naga Razers, G13s/Nostromo, and flight sticks.

4. I've never heard of IBP, but if you buy the parts from Newegg you can not have them put together and shipped. You'll have to buy some type of pre-built unit. I'm sure there are places that do that but you will pay a massive premium. Try to find a friend who can help you; it's not that hard.