Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363 ... LastLast

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

we lost last night. They were pretty good but we could have kept it close.. we just had too many stupid mistakes and gave up too many easy baskets. Their press was really tough.

I had my third straight double double but i played like ****. I probably could have had a 20-20 game but i missed a few easy ones early and i fell asleep on some rebounds in the 1st quarter. I think i ended up with 14 pts and 14 rebounds or something like that.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Won our second league game 74-70. I was in foul trouble for the first half, and at the end of the first half we were down by 16. This one guy was lighting us up (30 pts at half), so we went to a box-and-one and ended up holding him to 6 pts in the second half. I ended up with 10 points, 6 steals, and a couple assists.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Do any of your high schools coaches post on maxpreps.com? Its a site for high school sports and they post stats and box scores on there. If you find your school on there you should share with the rest of us.

Our team is tiny, I mean I'm 5'9 and am playing PF, there is only 1 guy above 6 foot, it's embarrassing. Originally, we had 2 guys, a 6'5 and 6'2 guy, but the 6'5 one just left school, so we are left with the 6'2 one, but he's quite athletic, really can get up there.Our preseason game was, bleh....were losing by 16 at one point, then turned to a 1-3-1 defence, and immediately the lead was down to 5, which was great. It was a shame that we lost, we could've easily won that game, just carelessness on our part.

And I'm not sure if I have already posted hte same game in this thread already, lol....maybe I have.

Lets GO PENS!

Played 4 games at a tournment. lost 3... Two teams were just way better than us. They got a crap load of fastbreaks because we just couldn't handle them off the dribble.. The one we had a chance we were up 20-13 first quarter but it was the last game of the tournment and the refs decided to stop calling fouls...

Played a game last night we won by 3. We match up pretty well with them... We would have beat them a lot eaiser, but some players are more about them getting theres than the team winning...

We blew a team out tonight in our city tournament, and we've got two games left. I played ok, but I played like a b itch at the start. And I couldn't stroke the three. F uck.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Well, like u know Im from Serbia and type of competition is much different than in US (we don't have high school teams). We play for our clubs, and there is few leagues (very complicated to explain to someone in US). So, i have a game in like 2 hours, most players on my team is 18 years old (me too), rest is little bit younger (17 or 16). Even tho this league has no age limit, I believe that not one player is older than 20-21, and team we play against today is as young as my team, so i should pretty much dominate.

The game is starting in 2 hours, I will report the score and my stats after the game...
    howd it go?

ok guys i got a problem, what should i do

ok yesterday in a scrimmage we had to scrimmage this team which is basically all football players in practice they have their own team

the first half i was just going off i pretty much play all the positions on my younglife team i start center at 6'4 170lbs long and skinny im the tallest one on my team i know where small. but i usually take over the PG when i get my feet wet. anway i was going off first half literally keeping us in front we were up 6 at half

then i guess the coach told the players to stop letting me make them look like bytches. so anytime i drove in the lane they pushed me down like literally not even going for the ball. I tried to go baseline, this dude pushes me out of bounds he is like 5'9 prolly like 230 240 plays on the O line in football. then just starts laughing.

In a real game i would have gone to the line like 20+ we play them feb 3 in a real game so ill tell you guys how it goes ps we ended up loosing by 6.

Anyway what should i do in a real game if the try that shyt on me should throw the ball at them, or own my dic and start a fight or just beat them in baskteball which is my originial plan.

next scrimmage tho im going to keep my stats and calculate my PER but it seriously probably around 25 15reb 3assist 3 blocks 5 steals is actually close to my average in my average in our 3 scrimmages so far

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    howd it go?
    Sorry for being late. I wasn't on my computer 'till now.

We won 71-61, I had 9 points, 13 rebounds, rebounds are fine, but I should have scored more... I was shooting 3-5 FGs and 3-4 FTs...

Cornell Basketball=#1

Canadian people: do you guys play FIBA rules or do you have your own high school basketball rules?

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Sorry for being late. I wasn't on my computer 'till now.

We won 71-61, I had 9 points, 13 rebounds, rebounds are fine, but I should have scored more... I was shooting 3-5 FGs and 3-4 FTs...

so any potential for the NBA or maybe a premier league in Serbia my Slavic friend?

Lets GO PENS!

Anyone have any trouble with chucking team mates? A player on my team went 10-39! League game

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    Anyone have any trouble with chucking team mates? A player on my team went 10-39! League game
    39 shots and he should be sitting on the bench.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore jc23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    Canadian people: do you guys play FIBA rules or do you have your own high school basketball rules?
    We play highschool rules but every senior level in BC is Fiba, or so my Coach says.

I've had two games should have been four but they were canceled 'cause of snow.. First game we beat a prep school (not sure the score) I had 16 points 10 rebounds and 3 assists. Was in the paper but I can't find it.

Second game was really close, played all but 4 minutes. 22 points 9 rebounds and 6 assists. Really got my team back into the game after a 6-o run with two three's I probably shouldn't have shot. Got double coverage right away. 58-43

Overall I'm happy with my rebounds and assists, don't really care how much I'm scoring 'cause I get others wide open looks. we're also winning

Lilojmayo, you'are 6'4? Here's an easy solution: Learn how to dunk, and next time you play those guys, just flat out embarrass them but jamming it over them. Can you shoot the ball?

A little flopping won't hurt either ;)