Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: What's Your Opinion on the Rodney King Incident and His Life After?

Rodney King was a scumbag. He has prior run in with the law and he was drunk and going over 100 mph. He put other people in risk with his behavior and the other two passengers in the car that complied with the police officers were arrested immediately and did not face the same fate as King.

With that said, I am against authoritarians abusing their power and there was no need to beat him to the point he was on the verge of dying. I don't see how the 3 police officers were "not-guilty."

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6tmD0W5r4w

the koreans weren't fkn' around .. too bad more people weren't prepared like this

Awesome.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

My thoughts are that OJ Simpson was allowed to get away with murder as a result of the injustice surrounding Rodney King (who was a rampant piece of shit by the way).

My thoughts are also that black people are more racist than white people, in today's world.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The rioters were asinine. They destroyed their own neighborhood. They stole from their own area, destroyed their own stores. The only people who made stores inside some of these bad areas were koreans and they pretty much drove them out. I get the anger on the incident which was ridiculous (when a person isn't fighting back the police need to stop) but the actual riots accomplished nothing except making their shitty life situation more shitty.
    They didn't destroy their "own" stores. They were predominantly owned by Koreans. Koreans who did virtually nothing to recycle dollars back into the communities in which they profited from. They were part of the problem from the start economically and it really didn't make a difference to the communities after their stores were destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    They didn't destroy their "own" stores. They were predominantly owned by Koreans. Koreans who did virtually nothing to recycle dollars back into the communities in which they profited from. They were part of the problem from the start economically and it really didn't make a difference to the communities after their stores were destroyed.
    So the fact they were Korean makes it ok to loot their stores and steal because they didn't recycle money back into the black community?

NBA Superstar

jesus christ black movement brainwashing bullshit

America is a capitalist society. People are free to start business's ANYWHERE. they don't HAVE to give to black people who happen to be their biggest consumers in inner cities...GTFO here with that Lawrence Fishburne Boyz in da Hood stupidity. Y'all mf'ers always want free shit, expecting all of these double standards catering to u, its ridiculous.

so all businesses in white neighborhoods are supposed to give money or events back to white people?

they're doing YOU a service. where else are you going to buy smokes, liquor, gum/candy, etc. etc. and these small groceries deal with so much ghetto behavior its so fukked up from inner city brats.

even if a black owned those places they wouldn't be giving u shit. Its racism against other colors, thats what you're advocating but i swear there aren't more racist people than a lot of black people, but somehow they think its okay but go nuts if its against them. double standards every fukking where.

furthermore, ya'll ghetto MF'ers w/ that mentality are THE problem. Don't work hard, hate on those that do, aren't ambitious, just chilling hanging on corners expecting handouts pretending like people who start businesses that cater to your needs are stealing from you because they aren't giving u free shit. hating the government because they aren't giving you free shit. while the rest of the world are busting their ass to have what they have. constant fukking excuses for lazy mf'ers, but i swear thats a huge problem with the far left.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 08-15-2014 at 10:29 AM.

source ?

seems unlikely that this guy was the only black owner who had his business attacked ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SOwK6L5-mk

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    My thoughts are that OJ Simpson was allowed to get away with murder as a result of the injustice surrounding Rodney King (who was a rampant piece of shit by the way).

My thoughts are also that black people are more racist than white people, in today's world.
    It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

NBA Legend

Clearly on your Marion Barry shit. In more ways than one.

National High School Star

If you remember there were some simmering tensions because 13 year old Natarsha Hollins was shot in the back & killed not long before the riots(The Korean shooter was exonerated).

The real issue was the Police & the justice system however . Blacks & Hispanics had expressed frustration with the LAPD going back for decades.

The video of the King beating had the community saying 'see we busted you' , but even with the sickening video there was a NOT GUILTY verdict.

Although the L.A. Riots are considered a riot by Blacks around 56% of the arrests made during the Riots were Hispanics.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I saw this video and was shocked.

What people ignore about the Reginald Denny beating are the Black people who risked there safety to save this man's life.

Several Black men & a Nurse put Denny in his truck . Although they could not drive this 18 or 21 speed truck they managed to get it into gear while the Nurse stopped his bleeding as they slowly made their way to the hospital.

The knuckleheads that attacked him got all of the press while no one remembers the people who saved Dennys life

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    What people ignore about the Reginald Denny beating are the Black people who risked there safety to save this man's life.

Several Black men & a Nurse put Denny in his truck . Although they could not drive this 18 or 21 speed truck they managed to get it into gear while the Nurse stopped his bleeding as they slowly made their way to the hospital.

The knuckleheads that attacked him got all of the press while no one remembers the people who saved Dennys life
    most of us know there are many decent and good black people....

there are just a lot of really fukkkiing awful ones.

just like many black people do work hard, earn a honest living....

but there are a lot who do absolutely nothing and just whine, cry, and blame society and other races for all of their problems. Using history of generations past, treatment they never received themselves, to pretend like they have it so bad and so disadvantaged....meanwhile mf'ers come over here with nothing doing better than they do. Always excuses to be lazy do nothings.

sad thing is even the good, honest black people rarely will call them out.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I can't help but to think that maybe it is a good thing that people be terrified of the police.

Same way people are terrified of prisons, we let them go beyond the law...beyond fair treatment...even the guards will beat you. If prison was a safe haven no one would fear it.

Obviously it's unfair if only minorities have this fear...but I think it's probably beneficial to have the police viewed as some above the law power hungry a-holes that will fck you up if you mess around. Keeps people in check.

"driving while black..."
    Even the NBA MVP was pulled over and held at gunpoint once.

Wilt: Just Like Any Other 7-Foot Black Millionaire who Lives Next Door - Wilt Chamberlain (1973)

I had been living in New York during the season and in San Francisco during the off-season, and a flash fire destroyed my San Francisco apartment one day while I was in New York for a benefit game; when I got back to San Francisco, all that was left was one small metal box full of girls' phone numbers. (Thank God, some of them were winners!) About the same time, I got stopped by a cop in New York, and he damn near shot me. I'd bought a nightclub in Harlem several years earlier - Big Wilt's Small Paradise - and after I'd worked 18 hours a day one off-season, learning the business, I'd brought in a friend to manage the place for me. I always try to stop by when I'm in New York, and I was on my way back from there to my apartment, on Central Park West, when this cop started following me. He pulled me over, and said, "Let me see your license, boy."

I gave him the license, and asked him what the problem was.

"Be with you in a minute, boy," he said.

He kept calling me "boy," and I didn't like it much. I told him my name was on my driver's license, "and I'd suggest you use it."

This was just a few nights after the Watts riot, and cops everywhere were even more uptight than usual around blacks. He pulled his gun out of his holster, stuck it in the window about six inches from my head and cocked it. I said, "OK, mother-****er, you cocked that thing, you might as well pull the trigger." Then I started to get out of the car. Fortunately for me, the cop backed off. He pulled his gun away and apologized, and I snatched my license back and roared off, with him still standing there, holding his gun. It wasn't until I got home and got into bed that I realized how close I'd come to getting my head blown off.

Love Live Life

I honestly thought dude was still alive and well. Wasn't he on one of those celebrity rehab shows a few years back? I thought he got his life together after that.

I was young when the whole thing went down so I didn't really care but they really fvcked him up. I remember all he black comedians making jokes about the incident and the riots.