Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snooze button

Not airballing my layups anymore Murdashow's Avatar

Default Snooze button

How many of you use this? I usually hit it 2-3 times, and its 10 minutes each time. So this morning I had my alarms set for 7:04 and 7:18, So this way I would wake up and hit the snooze once, then get up at the second alarm. Well some how I hit the snooze button like 4 times and finally realized what I did at 7:48, almost 10 minutes after the time I'm supposed to arrive to work. So I put on my clothes as fast as I could and made it to work 2 minutes before we opened. Normally the drive takes about 10 minutes but I made it in 6.
    I think i'm gonna be a little bit more carful next Saturday.

Default Re: Snooze button

i dont use the snooze button

National High School Star ILballa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeforMVP
    i dont use the snooze button
    same here

Banned

Yup. Now I set it different times every week so I'm a bit "shocked" and I have to get up. Earlier in the school year I made the mistake of pressing the off button instead of snooze =/

Decent college freshman

haha that sucks. i set my alarm to 12 minutes before i need to get up

Decent playground baller Chocogrease's Avatar

I never really understood the point of the Snooze button. Can someone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocogrease
    So people can sleep in a little more... and I push it every morning.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Chocogrease
    Basically if you set your alarm for 7:30 then you can hit the Snooze Button (usually 10 minutes long) then you can lay back in bed and get ready for the morning. Usually I lay there preparing myself for the day, but if you don't use the snooze button (and instead just turn the alarm off) then you have the risk of falling asleep again (which happens to me often haha). Then when the 10 minutes is up the alarm goes off and you get up for the day.

That's what I use it for anyways.

Decent playground baller Chocogrease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Myth
    Basically if you set your alarm for 7:30 then you can hit the Snooze Button (usually 10 minutes long) then you can lay back in bed and get ready for the morning. Usually I lay there preparing myself for the day, but if you don't use the snooze button (and instead just turn the alarm off) then you have the risk of falling asleep again (which happens to me often haha). Then when the 10 minutes is up the alarm goes off and you get up for the day.

That's what I use it for anyways.
    Thanks.

TTYGCUWDTOHOTN

The things you guys come up with during the odd hours of the night.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I usually get up a few minutes before my alarm sounds and turn it off. I get annoyed if my alarm wakes me up. I've never use the snooze button.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I usually get up a few minutes before my alarm sounds and turn it off. I get annoyed if my alarm wakes me up. I've never use the snooze button.
    Same. An alarm is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I instinctively wake up a few minutes before it goes off now.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

the time on my alarm clock is 55 minutes faster than real time and i set my alarm for 30 minutes before i need to leave (even though it only takes 5 minutes to brush my teeth, put clothes on etc.) im not a morning person at all, usually the alarm will go on for an hour then goes off, which is what motivates me to get out of bed, as if i dont there and then i will fall back to sleep then god knows when i will get up. i once got up at 4 in the afternoon when i should have been at work for 10am

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craigthomasb
    the time on my alarm clock is 55 minutes faster than real time and i set my alarm for 30 minutes before i need to leave (even though it only takes 5 minutes to brush my teeth, put clothes on etc.) im not a morning person at all, usually the alarm will go on for an hour then goes off, which is what motivates me to get out of bed, as if i dont there and then i will fall back to sleep then god knows when i will get up. i once got up at 4 in the afternoon when i should have been at work for 10am

lol! what did your boss say?

Hellbound

I don't have an alarm clock, cuz it was one of those older just incredibly annoying beep ones, so I threw it, and broke it. Now I just use my cell phone. I set two every morning, one is for when I should get up, and the other is for "Oh **** I'm bout to be late for work"

I never use the snooze button though, I usually just turn the first one off, lay there for a couple minutes, and eventually drag myself out.

Although, this morning I set my first alarm for 8:45 (I had to be to work at 10, so that's ample time to shower and get ready and what not), and my second for 9:00. But apparently at 8:45/9:00 AM, I wasn't tryin to get up, so I didn't end up gettin outta bed until 9:43. And only made it to work 10 minutes late.