Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Does a soul gem need a soul in it to enchant

So, I buy a grand soul gem.. pretty pricey.. Then I go and grab my exquisite orcish armor, and the improve heavy metal enchantment. And It would make my armor worse and improve heavy armor skill by 8 points.

I'm confused, but is this better?

before it was 126 armor, 35 weight, and 16?? value

now it would be 96 armor, 35 weight and only 1530 value.

does this look right?

This would be my very first enchantment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    So, I buy a grand soul gem.. pretty pricey.. Then I go and grab my exquisite orcish armor, and the improve heavy metal enchantment. And It would make my armor worse and improve heavy armor skill by 8 points.

I'm confused, but is this better?

before it was 126 armor, 35 weight, and 16?? value

now it would be 96 armor, 35 weight and only 1530 value.

does this look right?

This would be my very first enchantment.
    I ended up making a set of armor with this enchantment. Turns out what it said it'd be and what it was, were very different. The Value went up 2100 and the armor level stayed where it was. Only able to get 800 or so for it. Would be nice to catch the value price.

Speaking of money, how are you guys making money? I'm finally able to buy a house.. at 5K.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'm stealing everything from everyone. Just arrived at the Mage College and I've pillaged every single room for gold, soul gems, staffs, and robes. I feel this is WAY too easy but I can't stop. I must have everything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I'm stealing everything from everyone. Just arrived at the Mage College and I've pillaged every single room for gold, soul gems, staffs, and robes. I feel this is WAY too easy but I can't stop. I must have everything.
    i lol'd

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

LMAO, this is just too cute.

3 year old playing Skyrim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=e55P2XF38O0

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

I am only level 7, and I decided to make my way to the Mage Tower. I didn't realize that in itself is quite an accomplishment. I stole a horse and lost my companion because I think I out ran it. I stopped at an inn and when I got off my horse, it went beserk and tried to kill me. When I got in the inn, some drunk attacked me. So with no horse, I had to walk north. I died many times. Once I was climbing a mountain and all of a sudden I am on fire. A dragon just fly up to me a roasted me. Ice wraiths, ice spiders etc. Hope it's worth it. I also came across two treasure hunters and we went into a cave, got some good loot and a shout.

I'm not sure if I tackeld that trip to early or if there was an easier way. Anyway, I am here now!

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
    LMAO, this is just too cute.

3 year old playing Skyrim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=e55P2XF38O0
    . She pwned Fenrael. I'm slowing down a lot on Skyrim. I got my crazy addiction zone out of the way after a week. Right now I started a new Mage. I'm going to try some new other followers as more keep popping up daily on wiki.

I created this thread with much anticipation and buzz over Skyrim and scooped up my copy the day it hit the shelves but with the hustle and bustle of my hectic work schedule I couldn't find a spare minute to play it until a few days back. As expected, the animated world itself has met and exceeded my expectations. I knew this game was special the second I walked in on a deer feasting on a dead wolf lol... So random

Anyways...

A couple questions I need some enlightenment on...

1 - I'm starting my journey as a nord warrior. Should I avoid attending this magic college I keep hearing peeps talk about in the game? What's the best or most ideal route for a warrior?

2 - When you're cruising on your horse, does your companion ride with you?

3 - I know who he is but how do you perform the Fandeal glitch? Just curious...

Skyyyyyyyyyriiiiiiiiimmmmmjobs!

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    I created this thread with much anticipation and buzz over Skyrim and scooped up my copy the day it hit the shelves but with the hustle and bustle of my hectic work schedule I couldn't find a spare minute to play it until a few days back. As expected, the animated world itself has met and exceeded my expectations. I knew this game was special the second I walked in on a deer feasting on a dead wolf lol... So random

Anyways...

A couple questions I need some enlightenment on...

1 - I'm starting my journey as a nord warrior. Should I avoid attending this magic college I keep hearing peeps talk about in the game? What's the best or most ideal route for a warrior?

2 - When you're cruising on your horse, does your companion ride with you?

3 - I know who he is but how do you perform the Fandeal glitch? Just curious...

Skyyyyyyyyyriiiiiiiiimmmmmjobs!

1. Not sure what the Warrior quest line is that is comparable to Mage College for Mages and Dark Brotherhood+Thieves Guild for Rogues. I'm sure there is something comparable. Maybe join The Companions and Imperials/Stormcloak or something.

2. Nope your companions can't ride with you.

Fenrael glitch is simple. You do his quick quest and give fake note to girl he likes... then hire him as your companion. Then buy his ranged training, trade him and steal gold back. Do it at lowest level possible or it's not worth it because 5 ranged levels won't give you a level at higher levels and you'll be stuck.

I read about a similar 'cheat' when you are in a faction. I tried this but it didn't work. For example, if you are a Companion, I read that you can pickpocket people in their building because you have their trust and they won't report you. I tried this, and they didn't report me, but they 'caught' me pickpocking so I didn't get any money. Am I doint this wrong?

Good looks Clippers. You're clearly the Elder Scrolls head aficionado of the board here.

From your experiences, what do you feel is the most effective form of attack against the dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    I am only level 7, and I decided to make my way to the Mage Tower. I didn't realize that in itself is quite an accomplishment. I stole a horse and lost my companion because I think I out ran it. I stopped at an inn and when I got off my horse, it went beserk and tried to kill me. When I got in the inn, some drunk attacked me. So with no horse, I had to walk north. I died many times. Once I was climbing a mountain and all of a sudden I am on fire. A dragon just fly up to me a roasted me. Ice wraiths, ice spiders etc. Hope it's worth it. I also came across two treasure hunters and we went into a cave, got some good loot and a shout.

I'm not sure if I tackeld that trip to early or if there was an easier way. Anyway, I am here now!
    If you go to the stables outside a city like whiterun, you can catch a ride on a wagon to most of the other large cities. Thats how I quickly got to the mage college early in the game without hoofing it the whole way.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    If you go to the stables outside a city like whiterun, you can catch a ride on a wagon to most of the other large cities. Thats how I quickly got to the mage college early in the game without hoofing it the whole way.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't know that. It was an intense journey. Thanks.

Oh and one more thing...

With being a warrior and all, would attending the mage college be counter productive or is achieving a super being who's capable of an all around skill set possible? I don't see how learning the ways of magic could be detrimental to my characters growth