Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    is it crazy to think mcgee could be as good as ibaka with the right coaching?
    Not at all, you can see some glimpse of greatness from mcgee sometimes. Low bbiq though, but it will improve as he gets older.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

Seriously? 12 million a year for him? Wow.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by OG LeeTSkeeT
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Oklahoma City Thunder forward Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year contract extension, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Story will be posted soon on Y! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--se...homa-city.html

What'll they do with Perkins? Ainge was a genius to get rid of him. I'll admit I was extremely disappointed but now I see why.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    How much are max contracts worth under the new CBA?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    thats the same as bogut, LMA, horford, noah and marc gasol.

so that sounds about right to me, assuming ibaka continues to improve

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    it varies based on a lot of things

how long a player has been with his team, whether he has made all-star teams, been mvp, voted to all-nba teams

there are a lot of different factors
    Last edited by chips93; 08-18-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    Yea, seriously. Dude isn't all that good. He's a good defender, but he can't do much else. However, in the NBA these days, as long as you're over 6'9 and can block a few shots, grab a few rebounds, and have some sort of inside presence, you'll get paid.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

This is a great deal. He's a nice fit for the scorers they have on that squad and Ibaka should only improve.

If Andy V, Javele McGee, Nene, Ben Wallace, etc, can all get huge contracts that this contract for Ibaka is a steal.

I don't think Perkins gets amnied this season. I think they'll want him as a weapon against Dwight in the playoffs.

Decent playground baller franchiez's Avatar

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year contract extension

Now what about Harden?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    This is a great deal. He's a nice fit for the scorers they have on that squad and Ibaka should only improve.

If Andy V, Javele McGee, Nene, Ben Wallace, etc, can all get huge contracts that this contract for Ibaka is a steal.

I don't think Perkins gets amnied this season. I think they'll want him as a weapon against Dwight in the playoffs.
    I think the hype surrounding Perkins and his defense against Dwight is nearing barf material. Perkins is and always has been a far better defender on Bynum than Dwight (which makes the trade all the more interesting). Perkins does not do well at all against mobile players at the center position, hence he spent alot of time on the bench this past post season, as teams realize this weakness of OKC. He's the furthest thing from an offensive threat, and when guarding the pick and roll he goes from a defensive presence to a defensive liability - bad news for OKC with the emergence of Nash/Kobe pick and roll combo with Dwight.

Though Perkins is probably better to have than resorting to Collison or what ever big man they could receive back in a salary dump trade, Perkins is expendable in terms of what he offers (or doesn't offer) on the court. I think looking back, Sam Presti may regret trading Jeff Green for Perkins instead some cheap, bench depth. He'll also probably regret giving him the money he did, considering Perkins had little to do with OKC's success in the playoffs last year (it was their young guns that led the way to the Finals).

Amnestying Perk doesn't get you anything in return, and once Ibaka and Harden's (if he also resigns) contracts kick in, OKC will be hard-pressed to find a starting quality center for the cheap through free agency. Trading Perk will probably be the best option for OKC, and the sooner the better, as his value will continue to decrease as time goes on.

I would say based on Market value, that's a fair deal. Right around what was expected for them to do. However, it's gonna be a beyatch Keeping Durant/Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka/Perkins together.

Just think about it: (averages

Durant - around 18/yr
    Westrbook - around 15/yr
    Harden - Lets say they offer him 10/yr
    Ibaka - 12/yr

They're headed for Laker territory. That's 55M/year committed to FOUR players. I don't see them retaining Harden at all. I feel like they are gonna offer him something like 4 years 30M and he's gonna go elsewhere and get a bigger offer.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by franchiez
    Now what about Harden?
    Harden knows he will get max offers if he hits free agency. OKC better offer him that or they'll just have to wait to match an offer sheet.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
    I would say based on Market value, that's a fair deal. Right around what was expected for them to do. However, it's gonna be a beyatch Keeping Durant/Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka/Perkins together.

Just think about it: (averages

Durant - around 18/yr
    Westrbook - around 15/yr
    Harden - Lets say they offer him 10/yr
    Ibaka - 12/yr

They're headed for Laker territory. That's 55M/year committed to FOUR players. I don't see them retaining Harden at all. I feel like they are gonna offer him something like 4 years 30M and he's gonna go elsewhere and get a bigger offer.
    Westbrook will only be making $15 million a year? Seems low.

No way in hell OKC offers Harden, the reigning (though still overrated) Sixth Man of the Year, less money than Ibaka. That's why I asked how much is the max contract worth under the new CBA (thanks to Chips93 for the answer, vague but still, thanks), because Harden's market value is probably around $15 Million a year, and I'm sure if he hits the market some dumb team will offer him the max.

OKC will be as ****ed as the Lakers are with the new tax, minus the fact that the Lakers have revenue out the ass that shrinks the impact of those taxes. Meanwhile, OKC could be financially crippled during it's player's best years.

Decent playground baller franchiez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Harden knows he will get max offers if he hits free agency. OKC better offer him that or they'll just have to wait to match an offer sheet.
    I think Dallas will make a run at him.

Deal is official, team announced:

The Oklahoma City Thunder have signed forward Serge Ibaka to a multi-year extension, it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti. According to Yahoo Sports, the deal is for four years, $48 million.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10776

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    thats the same as bogut, LMA, horford, noah and marc gasol.

so that sounds about right to me, assuming ibaka continues to improve

it varies based on a lot of things

how long a player has been with his team, whether he has made all-star teams, been mvp, voted to all-nba teams

there are a lot of different factors
    WTF? Lamarcus Alridge is much better than Serge Ibaka and there is no comparison. Marc Gasol is just plain better too and should start to come into his prime soon and reach is peak. As far as Bogut...if he can ever actually avoid injury he's better than Ibaka defensively and offensively. It's as simple as that. Andrew Bogut would have the reputation down as the 2nd best defensive player down after Dwight howard if not for those injuries. He regressed in 2011 offensively because he wouldn't use the arm he had broke, but he has to be over that by now. I'm interested to see how he'll do this upcoming season for the Warriors as his ankle should be fine by then, but either way, a healthy Bogut is easily better than Ibaka.