Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: #5 NBA Player Peak Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical-24
    Kobe Bryant at his peak was nearly unstoppable when it came to the offensive end. I'm gonna go with one of the leagues premier, all time scorers, Mr. Bean.
    Agreed, add my vote for Kobe as well. His peak is so underrated, makes no sense. He was beating teams entirely by himself with his amazing offensive repertoire. People forget that he literally had to score 40, 50 or more each night for them to have a fighting chance to win. He averaged 40+ points a month a few times as well. I remember teams were in locker rooms getting ready for their games but were watching kobe on tv to see what he was gunna do next, or how much he was gunna score.

So yea, add me in for Kobe.

Kobe

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Kobe.

Averaging 30 easily, and 40 at times while having 3 other starters than belong in the D-League.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Hands of Iron

Dirk Nowitzki? I thought many people were saying how his 2011 performance resembled Hakeem's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands of Iron
    Oh crap, for some reason I was thinking he had already been voted in. That's my next vote then. Strongly considering changing my vote for #5 from Bird to Kareem, but for now I'll stick with Bird.
    Last edited by KG215; 09-10-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Dirk Nowitzki? I thought many people were saying how his 2011 performance resembled Hakeem's.
    I think this is one of the few instances where it gets tricky and what the OP said in his OP comes into play...he says (and I agree with this), that we should look at a player over a time period of at least more than one year.

One year (or in this case...20 games in the playoffs) can be the result of a player just catching fire (or getting cold) and might not be indicative of his true ability.

We obviously wouldn't just look at one game for example (for example...Tony Delk once scored 52 points on 27 shots) and say that that day was Tony Delk's peak and so Tony Delk should be top ten on this list lol.

Now where we'd draw the line (1 reg season and 1 playoffs, 1 reg season + the playoffs that year + the next reg season...or what) is up for debate. But I don't think we can just use 1 playoff run for this.

And is Kobe really about to get voted in at #5 or #6 all-time peak? Really? The biggest reason he's as high as #7 all-time period is due to his longevity, not his peak. He had a very good peak, don't get me wrong, but his offensive and defensive peak never coincided so it's hard to put him even in the top 10 all-time for something like this. His true peak (either '06 or '08) is not among the top 5 or even 10 all-time in my opinion.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Hoiids's Avatar

Lebron

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    And is Kobe really about to get voted in at #5 or #6 all-time peak? Really? The biggest reason he's as high as #7 all-time period is due to his longevity, not his peak. He had a very good peak, don't get me wrong, but his offensive and defensive peak never coincided so it's hard to put him even in the top 10 all-time for something like this. His true peak (either '06 or '08) is not among the top 5 or even 10 all-time in my opinion.
    Yes. It is kinda hilarious how his peak would be ranked so high when the reason he is high on the legacy lists is his longevity and not his peak. I mean, if his peak really was top 5, then i guess on the legacy list he should be number 2 lol.

But he has so many fans on here (many of whom even have Kobe references in their user name) that we'll just have to deal with it.

We could all try to consolidate our votes onto one player, so then all the other votes wouldn't be spread out between Kareem, Bird, Magic, and Lebron, but that would be stupid and ruin the whole thing.

This isn't a vote for LeBron, but I think people on here underestimate just how good he is in comparison to other greats.

Yeah, right now Kobe is running away with this.

Kobe - 15
    Lebron - 10
    Bird - 10

What a joke.
    Last edited by KG215; 09-10-2012 at 10:53 PM.

College superstar

Kobe Bryant.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Kobe.
    Effortless.