Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Fiscal Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    We all know what spending needs to be cut, it's the big elephant standing in the corner of the room but yet none of them will even mention it.. But instead we have clowns debating on cutting welfare programs or education to cut spending
    Didn't Obama already sign into law $1 trillion in spending cuts last year (haven't gone into effect yet). I think they included cuts to military spending.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    We all know what spending needs to be cut, it's the big elephant standing in the corner of the room but yet none of them will even mention it.. But instead we have clowns debating on cutting welfare programs or education to cut spending
    CBS? [COLOR="White"] trololol[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Haven't been following the fiscal cliff stuff lately but raising the Medicare age to 67 would be a really bad idea imo. That's the only policy change that I've seen discussed heavily.
    Taxes, perhaps?

e
    Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Taxes, perhaps?
    I meant as far as specific spending cuts. Obviously taxes have been discussed endlessly.

National High School Star

We need to extend the tax cuts only for income below $400,000 or $500,000 for the current time. After the economy stabilizes a little better, we need to let all of the tax cuts expire.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...thtopdems.html

Obama puts SS on the table. Libs are mad.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...thtopdems.html

Obama puts SS on the table. Libs are mad.

It should be on the table. It's not a sustainable system. In preparing for my own retirement I've always worked under the assumption that Social Security won't be around by then.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    It should be on the table. It's not a sustainable system. In preparing for my own retirement I've always worked under the assumption that Social Security won't be around by then.
    That's how I feel as well.

Nancy Pelosi said she can "sell" Obama's SS plan to Democrats in the House.

Obama and head Dems are making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    It would be around for 75+ years more if we just took the cap off... right now SS tax is regressive and regressive taxes are pretty stupid.

Just In

Cantor ~ GOP will have the votes to pass 'Plan B'
    http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ss-plan-b?lite

The No. 2 House Republican said Thursday that the GOP would have the votes to pass its "Plan B" solution to the fiscal cliff, and urged the Democratic Senate to follow suit.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., said that Republicans intended to follow through with their vote to pass a pair of bills which would preserve tax rates on income less than $1 million and approve new spending cuts in place of the automatic cuts -- many to defense -- set to take effect on Jan. 1.

Absent a balanced option from the president, this is our nation's best option," Cantor told reporters on Capitol Hill.
    "And Senate Democrats should take up both of these measures immediately."

President Barack Obama has promised to veto the legislation; it is virtually dead-on-arrival in the Senate, where Democrats oppose the proposal.

With less than 12 days until the tax hikes and spending cuts which compose the "fiscal cliff" will snap into place, Republicans remain locked in a stalemate with Obama over the extent of the expiring tax rates they should extend, as well as how deep of cuts should be made -- and to which programs.

Banned

Boehner is such a clown. The guy wasted precious time with his plan b (the b is short for bullshit) and he couldn't even get the necessary vote from his own party. Instead of taking a hint from his own party, like he's failed to do with the electorate, I'm sure this goof will find another way to waste more time instead of doing the right thing.

Nm.
    Last edited by longhornfan1234; 12-21-2012 at 10:46 PM.

this is a little off the subject, but Obama is such a f*ckin chump for not nominating either Rice or Chuck Hagel. GOP keeps having a fit, and Obama keeps caving. Everyone knows why they are doing it and he just caves anyway.

when will his set drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    this is a little off the subject, but Obama is such a f*ckin chump for not nominating either Rice or Chuck Hagel. GOP keeps having a fit, and Obama keeps caving. Everyone knows why they are doing it and he just caves anyway.

when will his set drop?
    Obama is not a leader of men.