Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 03-01-2007, 01:50 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Players The Pistons Might Draft Next Season

We either need a backup point guard or another big man. These guys are likely to be available at the 15th pick or so from Orlando:

Acie Law (Texas A &M's huge clutch player)
Marco Bellineli (intiguing italian guard prospect)
Josh McRoberts (Great passing big with offensive skills)
Nick Fazekas (shooting big. good offensive game weak defensively)
Corey Brewer (lockdown defender, slasher)
Taurean Green (solid college PG, championship experience)
Rudy Fernandez (Spanish guard prospect, good basketball IQ, nice jumper)

If I had to choose betwen those guys I'd probably take Acie Law if he was in any way available. If he was already drafted I'd take Marco Bellineli or Rudy Fernandez. Rudy would be good for team chemistry and he seems like a great prospect.

I think we need a guard more than another big because Maxiell/Amir Johnson are going to be our furture bigs. This means if guys like Josh McRoberts, Corey Brewer, or somehow another solid big that slipped in the draft and were available at our pick we could possibly trade or package those picks to move up.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Players The Pistons Might Draft Next Season

I live in aggieland and I am not convinced that Acie would be a significant improvement over Will Blalock. I agree we are alright with the bigs (you can never have too many though). What about some sort of athletic wing?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #3
Ridlyn
I airball my layups

Ridlyn has an OK reputation so far

I think Acie Law would be a good fit for the pistons.
Ridlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:24 AM   #4
RIP CITY
DETROIT BASKETBALL

RIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected poster

I would absolutely love to get Corey Brewer but he will be long gone by the 15th pick, or whatever pick around there we end up with. He's the player we have needed for a few years now. A slasher, scorer off the bench, and he can play great defense too. I would consider trading up just to get him around 6 thru 8, where he will likely be picked, unless his stock climbs even more during the Pre-Draft camp or individual work outs.

Acie Law would be good too. He was projected 10 to 14 a few weeks ago, but has dropped to 20 on NBADraft.net. If he slips for some reason that would be the pick for me. He will most likely be a starting Point guard in the NBA eventually. And he could learn alot from Chauncey, and maybe Lindsey if he doesn't retire after this season.

Other than Acie Law I don't like the other choices at PG. Taurean Green is the best second option I would think, but I'm not sure he will be as effective in the NBA, and I think he should have stayed in School one more year to develope his PG skills. So I would go for wings, and bigs after that. All though there is not alot of them I like either.

One guy I do like for us around those picks (Likely the second 1st Rd. Pick), is Marcus Williams from Arizona. I think he's going to be a good player, and I think he's ready to contribute off the bench right away. 6''6 Combo guard, could even play some SF. Draft.net says he is like Penny Hardaway, which I think is a decent comparison from what I have seen.

Don't like Josh McRoberts. Couple other guys that might be alright to look at are Arron Afflalo, Al Thornton, Spencer Hawes, and Aaron Gray. Even Alando Tucker for the second first round pick wouldn't be bad.
RIP CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: