Page 58 of 153 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168108 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Remix
    Erm.. whoever it was on that one loose ball with like 30 seconds left when illinois got the ball... he got raped and no foul was called.
    Chester? Yeah there were several reaches in that. Trent also getting put into a headlock with no call was outrageous. We pulled through though.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

I absolutely loved the "BCS! BCS! BCS!" chants after the game. I called that one.

Shaun Pruitt lost this game for us. No other explanation. Can't even split free throws. ****ing pathetic.

In my opinion, there was no reason for him to come back in the second half.

Credit to everyone else though, they played their heart out. I normally love Shaun, but missing free throws is worse than missing layups in my world.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Shaun Pruitt lost this game for us. No other explanation. Can't even split free throws. ****ing pathetic.

In my opinion, there was no reason for him to come back in the second half.

Credit to everyone else though, they played their heart out. I normally love Shaun, but missing free throws is worse than missing layups in my world.
    I was at the game, man was it brutal when he missed those FT. I should stop going to game cuz we lost the 2 that ive been to this year. I went the the Miami OH game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mnsully15
    I was at the game, man was it brutal when he missed those FT. I should stop going to game cuz we lost the 2 that ive been to this year. I went the the Miami OH game as well.
    Leading to my senior year I had never gone to a game where we lost..then by miraculous design I got a free ticket to the Maryland game last year. I thought we'd win cause my record at attending games was impeccable. Then we lost and subsequently I lost a huge bet with my roommates--who were from the College Park area. Not going to say what I had to do, but it's just this team this year isn't good.

Rodney Alexander isn't as good as I thought he'd be. He just looks lost in the offense. He doesn't know where to go, where to be, it's discerning. He clogs the lane by flashing the same time Shaun Pruitt does or just rotates around the perimeter. It's sad cause I think he's better than Warren or McBride, but Bruce just has no confidence in him so he looks horrible. If he gave Rodney the green light to attack the basket at his will, then I think he could make big things happen.

Chester Frazier really should not be trusted with so many minutes. He can't run the break, his passing is overrated, and his defense doesn't make up for it. He's really a hustle guy that should get 15 minutes at most to spur change. D-Mac should be starting in front of him.

I'm a big fan of Mike Davis though. He's a stud.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

This season just isn't worth getting upset about at this point. It's clear we suck.

We've had a borderline unbelievable run of success since 2000 that rivals just about anyone except Florida. I mean, no program goes as long as Illinois has with this kind of run of success without a hiccup. Even UConn, which has won two national titles since 1999, has missed the tourney twice since then and will probably miss it again this year. Duke missed the tourney in 1995 after winning it all in '91 and '92 and losing the title game in '93. UNC went 45-47 in the three years preceding their national title.

I'm not absolving Weber of blame for the mess he's created. I'm not writing off the recruiting misses that led to what we currently have.

But it's fairly clear that the recruiting troubles have corrected themselves. Legion, Bertrand, Richardson, Paul, Richmond, Head- not to mention McCamey, Davis and Tisdale within the next couple years- are the caliber of players that can compete not only for the Big Ten title, but nationally as well.

You're right, and this is something I'm not accoustomed to since becoming an Illinois fan.

I'm still proud of how far we got this football season. Heads high.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

I'm still proud of how far we got this football season. Heads high.
    Yeah. We are just going to get better. A LOT better if Mendenhall stays, which I doubt he does. Can't wait to see Martez Wilson out there on every snap next year. He's gona be nasty.

Oh well at the OSU game. Hopefully Crandall commits to us still.

Oh well at the OSU game. Hopefully Crandall commits to us still.
    There's no question about that. The future is bright.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Yeah. We are just going to get better. A LOT better if Mendenhall stays, which I doubt he does. Can't wait to see Martez Wilson out there on every snap next year. He's gona be nasty.
    I think Mendenhall will stay. His bro isnt that great to get drafted so I think he wants to finish out his career alongside his bro.

Mendenhall declares for Draft.

Crandell Head moves comes to the Illinois.

Penn St???? AT HOME!? How the hell did we beat anyone this year? This is starting to get ugly. Maybe we play better on the road?

This season is all but over for us. Barring a miraculous run and somehow Brian Randle-Shaun Pruitt become anything less thant he college version of Kobe and Shaq, we are done.

It's ok though. Only thing I would change is to start rewarding the freshman with more minutes. Davis/DMac need to learn how to play with each other for the following seasons and the more on court time they get the better the combo will become. I even give Tisdale some more time. Also I'd supplement that with asking Bruce to not be animated all the time. The players are eventually going to tune him out (if they haven't already) and there's only so much yelling at refs and at players can accomplish. Have to be patient with these guys. They're just not that good. I watched Michigan the other day and feel like Michigan played with more poise and aggressiveness than us (despite being less talented) and part of that is because I think Beilin is just an overall more patient and understanding coach. You can only push these guys so far and end of games we're seeing how far they are breaking. If I were Bruce I'd just sit down all the upperclassmen (Alexander not included) and calmly, ask them what they want to do. As far Brian, Calvin, and Shaun go, they were there when we went to the NC game. They should know what the attitude of winners are since they witnessed it first hand. Put it in their hands. Don't yell. Don't be irate. If they simply don't want to accomplish things, then that's them. That's their life. Move on to the players who have bright futures and bright paths for our program.

Bruce doesn't have to do **** of what I say. But I'm just glad I'm not at campus to witness this season. I think I'd blow a gasket. I also don't appreciate how he calls out these young kids in the media and challenges them there, it's discerning but whatever.