Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #31
KG215
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Your expections for the Thunder going forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja0710
So are you like a Boston and OKC fan? Or just a KG fan? Just wondering because of your screenname.

Thunder fan but KG is my favorite player, probably ever. I made the account in 2009 and wasn't really thinking of team allegiances for the screen name, so I just went with my favorite player. I live in West Arkansas (almost in Oklahoma) and started going to a Thunder game or two or three every year when they moved here. Until that time I never had a favorite team so I figured might as well go with the Thunder. Had no idea they'd be this good when I went to a couple of games in the 23-59 season.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #32
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
The Clippers worry me the most if they lock up CP3 long term. Memphis, too, but Z-Bo is already 30 so he's not going to drastically improve. And something is just off about that whole team. They should be a legit contender but something isn't working. As long as VDN is the Clippers coach, though, I won't be particularly worried about them either.

And the Lakers will figure something out sooner or later. Even after Kobe gets too old or retires, something good will happen to them. Every time it looks like they'er going to go into a long stretch of mediocrity God reaches down and gives them a Shaq or Gail Goodrich signing as a vet FA with another team, forcing that team to compensate them with a draft pick, which turns into #1 overall and Magic Johnson. No matter how inevitable it may seem, they always find a way to stay more than relevant.

Yea Lakers rebuild quickly but I honestly think this time it's going to be a little longer than 2 years. I expect a good 5-7 year rebuild. Mainly because of the hardcore tax penalties now and the fact that Lakers don't have any young valuable pieces. Teams don't jump at the opportunity to take on 18+ million dollar contracts with the repeater tax penalty. It's being called the "Death Tax" around the league because it can really cripple teams.

As for the Clippers once they find a new coach Blake Griffin is getting his 5 year extension I'm hearing. Chris Paul has backed up the front office every time when asked and sources say he's going to ink up. I agree Memphis is deadly but something is just off. Anybody outside of Memphis has known all along that Zbo/Gay don't compliment each other well. Won't surprise me if one is traded.

BTW I forgot Sixers in the east. They are a rising team where if they deal with trades/free agents properly and get a reliable go to guy they can contend as well. This is one thing I love about basketball..... you have perennial winners but in general new teams rise and fall every couple years. With the Thunder their ownership/Presti and everybody seems so competent that I expect 10+ years of good runs.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I think we need to add another bench scorer or two including one frontcourt player who's an offensive threat. Oh, and a better back-up PG. Losing Maynor this year really hurt more than the casual fan would know.

No doubt. Maynor was usually good for an average of 10 ppg. He ran the 2nd unit extremely well. I used to think he was better than Goatbrook at times last year.
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #34
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
No doubt. Maynor was usually good for an average of 10 ppg. He ran the 2nd unit extremely well. I used to think he was better than Goatbrook at times last year.

Eric Bledsoe anybody?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #35
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Being low post capable is the important thing, not the volume. If Dirk is matched up with smaller players he will ALWAYS post up. Not to mention if Carlisle says hey Dirk go get us some buckets in the low post... he's very deadly and capable from there with the face up game.
People not gonna understand or accept that...
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: