Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #31
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Default Re: More awesome cops doing their job well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
That's a very common command. In fact, it's SOP.

But you knew that already. Tell us more about what they should have done.
I'm no cop but how bout when the guy is face down, arms away from the body, his partner approaches from behind and handcuffs him??? The kid is clearly scared, nervous and trying to comply with the cop's sadistic Simon Says game...

Really dude, you're gonna defend the cop on this on this too?
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #32
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
I'm no cop but how bout when the guy is face down, arms away from the body, his partner approaches from behind and handcuffs him??? The kid is clearly scared, nervous and trying to comply with the cop's sadistic Simon Says game...

What I don't get is, why not just handcuff him when he was lying face down?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:35 PM   #33
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
What I don't get is, why not just handcuff him when he was lying face down?

Had they had confirmation the room was clear, outside of just the dude claiming it, that would've been the course of action.

Watching the fully unedited version, I was surprised they didn't open fire the first time he put his hands behind his back.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #34
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

I really think this is the worst video I've ever watched of cop and civilian interactions. The cop was itching to shoot someone and the language he was using was only used to make the guy that much more nervous.

How are you even supposed to crawl that well with your legs crossed. That's absolutely ****ed.

I think his basketball shorts were coming off that's why he kept reaching.

The cop really messed up in this one. Why did he keep telling the guy to stfu? Is conversation not allowed?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:53 AM   #35
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
They told his ass if you reach towards the small of your back we're going to shoot you. And he did it anyway. What a dumbass.
Dude was drunk, crying (and quite possibly pissing his shorts), and completely harmless. The Cop was waiting for the guy slip up and just wanted to kill him and he did it.

Quote:
That's a very common command. In fact, it's SOP.

But you knew that already. Tell us more about what they should have done.
Can you please make a video of yourself crawling with your feet crossed and your hands in the air?

The cop should've sent in another cop to secure him when he had the guy on the floor with his feet crossed and hands on his head.

This is just plain murder and the psychotic cop should've been put down, TBH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
undoubtedly one of the worst misdemeanors, police behaviour incidents Ive ever seen... thats saying something.

This guy was shaking, nervous to death, the cop was a pure sadist, and reveled in it.... he was screaming, yelling, vocally hounding a harmless person lying on the floor in baseball shorts crying unable to carry any weapon that would not be visible.

He could have gone to him and handcuffed him, instead he enjoyed holding that AR right on him while screaming at him, giving impossible instructions...

He stated hands up and hands down... he also said "face up", and then again "head down".

How are you supposed to crawl towards someone with your legs crossed and arms in the air?

It was an impossible mission, a sadistic game played by a sadistic person.

Of course, not that the police officer actually tried to think about the difficulty of doing so, he just didnt care. He must have been aware in one form or another he was talking jibberish, so he could conveniently kill him when he wanted to.

It should come of no surprise, that the cop's AR read: "You're Fucked" on it.

Perfectly summed up.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:06 AM   #36
iamgine

Does anyone else find the video rather entertaining? They don't show these stuff on 'cops'. Both the killed and killer were dumb so this is what happens.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #37
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:

Because the last thing you want to do is walk CLOSER to the hotel doors on either side of the hallway. Sounds like a good way to get killed, especially since you don't know if anyone else is in there.

Quote:

Not defending him; at the very least, it was poor judgement. That's why he was let go.

But murder? Not a chance.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #38
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Can you please make a video of yourself crawling with your feet crossed and your hands in the air?

They were two separate instructions but you can try to confuse them as one if it helps your agenda.

Quote:
The cop should've sent in another cop to secure him when he had the guy on the floor with his feet crossed and hands on his head.

No.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #39
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
They were two separate instructions but you can try to confuse them as one if it helps your agenda.
What agenda? I've always supported cops. I think it's you who's blinded by your agenda.

Quote:
No.
Yeah, it's always better to kill a person, who's virtually no threat at all. Makes sense.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:54 AM   #40
iamgine

It would look a lot better had the cop shot him the first time he reached behind. I don't think people would have a problem then. The second time was only like a half-reach.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #41
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
What agenda? I've always supported cops. I think it's you who's blinded by your agenda.

Then you're just that easily confused?

Quote:

Because ^that^ is not what the officer said. The instructions, to me, were pretty clear.

Quote:
Yeah, it's always better to kill a person, who's virtually no threat at all. Makes sense.

Didn't have to be like that but...
Old 12-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #42
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
It would look a lot better had the cop shot him the first time he reached behind. I don't think people would have a problem then. The second time was only like a half-reach.

My thought as well.

But the fact that he had reached twice before, and now was reaching a third time (after telling the officers that he fully understand the instructions not to) probably made them jumpy.

Why does he keep reaching behind his back? That was the question going through their minds.

Boom.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #43
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Then you're just that easily confused?
I think it's just you blinded by irrational support for cops, no matter what they do.

Quote:
Because ^that^ is not what the officer said. The instructions, to me, were pretty clear.
Yeah, a guy sitting behind a keyboard and not one who's drunk and being told that he'd be shot and killed by a psychotic cop, while facing the end of a rifle. Lets not forget the obvious that the guy was pissing his shorts and crying, scared for his life.

Quote:
Didn't have to be like that but...
How hard is it send another cop to handcuff a person, who's virtually not a threat at all, is on the floor with his hands on his head and legs locked?

The cop wanted to kill and and did it.

Quote:
My thought as well.

But the fact that he had reached twice before, and now was reaching a third time (after telling the officers that he fully understand the instructions not to) probably made them jumpy.

Why does he keep reaching behind his back? That was the question going through their minds.

Boom.
Oh FFS, he was CLEARLY pulling up his sagging basketball shorts. You could see that in the video as well, and the cop had a significantly better view.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #44
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
I think it's just you blinded by irrational support for cops, no matter what they do.
I think I am batting 1000% on every incident thats been discussed on this board...

So maybe I'm just that good?

Quote:
Yeah, a guy sitting behind a keyboard and not one who's drunk and being told that he'd be shot and killed by a psychotic cop, while facing the end of a rifle. Lets not forget the obvious that the guy was pissing his shorts and crying, scared for his life.

And....?

Quote:
How hard is it send another cop to handcuff a person, who's virtually not a threat at all, is on the floor with his hands on his head and legs locked?

Because they don't know who is inside those other rooms.

I feel like I shouldn't even have to explain this to people, but I get that many (like yourself) don't know the first thing about law enforcement so I get it..

But is using a little common sense too much to ask?

Quote:
The cop wanted to kill and and did it.

K.

Quote:
Oh FFS, he was CLEARLY pulling up his sagging basketball shorts. You could see that in the video as well, and the cop had a significantly better view.

Was he?

What was he doing when he put his hands behind his back the first two times? Pulling up his shorts?
Old 12-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #45
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Perfectly summed up.

thanks

UK2K will support anything cop.

The fact he had "You're ****ed" on his AR alone should keep him away from ever being in the force. That's a negative, aggressive, physically harming demeanor/mentality/attitude in a position where it is most important to install PEACE. It just doesn't go together. He's unfit.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: