Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-29-2008, 01:34 AM   #1
theparade
I hit open layups

Default U-14 Tryouts.

In exactly one month, I'm going to be trying out for a very well-known basketball U-14 Select Team (Drive) up here in Canada. Basketball season ended around 1-2 weeks ago, so I'm pretty in shape. I have confidence I can make the team, and if I get selected there is a high chance that I can represent the province in the U-14 team there.

I'm trying to enter with confidence, as when I'm confident I'm at the top of my game. I've played at one of the Drive camps before, and at my age level I was definitely one of the best. I haven't had much experience playing organized basketball, and this year is my first year playing school basketball. I feel somewhat out of shape, and I believe in a month I have plenty of time to get back into shape. I know my weaknesses, and that is scoring with the left hand through traffic, passing the ball and inconsistent jumpers. I've got by with my inexperience by simply hustling my a** off and playing tough, somewhat dirty defence and getting in the lane and grabbing rebounds.

Any tips/pointers on what I should to do to get ready?
theparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
Hoopla
I airball my layups

Default Re: U-14 Tryouts.

If you already know your weaknesses, you can easily play to your strength. I'd say at this point its important to start preparing mentally, and try to get used to giving the ball to team mates. Nobody likes a selfish player.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
11 ideas to improve your mental ability in basketball.
http://www.best-basketball-tips.com/...an-within.html

Plus, lots of FREE stuff at:
www.best-basketball-tips.com
Hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: